• Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/11/1982

I want to see what everyone believes about Micah 5

Who is the daughter of troops?

Who is the Assyrian?

who are the 7 sheperds and 8 principal men?

when do you think this happens?

Micah 5

Now gather thyself in troops, O daughter of troops: he hath laid siege against us: they shall smite the judge of Israel with a rod upon the cheek.

But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Therefore will he give them up, until the time that she which travaileth hath brought forth: then the remnant of his brethren shall return unto the children of Israel.

And he shall stand and feed in the strength of the Lord, in the majesty of the name of the Lord his God; and they shall abide: for now shall he be great unto the ends of the earth.

And this man shall be the peace, when the Assyrian shall come into our land: and when he shall tread in our palaces, then shall we raise against him seven shepherds, and eight principal men.

And they shall waste the land of Assyria with the sword, and the land of Nimrod in the entrances thereof: thus shall he deliver us from the Assyrian, when he cometh into our land, and when he treadeth within our borders.

And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.

And the remnant of Jacob shall be among the Gentiles in the midst of many people as a lion among the beasts of the forest, as a young lion among the flocks of sheep: who, if he go through, both treadeth down, and teareth in pieces, and none can deliver.

Thine hand shall be lifted up upon thine adversaries, and all thine enemies shall be cut off.

10 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord, that I will cut off thy horses out of the midst of thee, and I will destroy thy chariots:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4

The Minor Prophets are amazing!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I'm not sure about this. I believe this is a further recap of prophecy that is in Isaiah.

Idk i asked the questions up top no one knows anything about this chapter?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

May I suggest that you give your thread a little more time then 5 hours before claiming nobody knows anything about the chapter.  Worthy is a global site and their members do have other responsibilities.  PLease be patient if you want answers.

Sorry I wasn't sure if i asked the questions right or if I had worded it wrong. I didn't mean to sound like anyone dosnt know anything about it.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Some people think that Micah 5 is a reference to the Assyrian empire's attack on Israel that happened in 722 A.D. and some people think that the Assyrian is a reference to the anti Christ of the end times. Here is a link to one Bible study on the book of Micah http://www.biblicaltraining.org/library/micah/52-major-stories-of-the-bible/william-mounce. This next link is also a study on the book of Micah and it is written by a post-tribber who believes that a lot of the book of Micah is about current or future events including the tribulation and onward http://www.crossfaithministry.or/studybookmicah.html . That is what the writers of those Bible studies believe the book of Micah is referring to. Make sure everything matches up to what the Holy Bible states when participating in or reading Bible studies. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

I want to see what everyone believes about Micah 5

Who is the daughter of troops?

Who is the Assyrian?

who are the 7 sheperds and 8 principal men?

when do you think this happens?

Micah 5

Now gather thyself in troops, O daughter of troops: he hath laid siege against us: they shall smite the judge of Israel with a rod upon the cheek.

But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Therefore will he give them up, until the time that she which travaileth hath brought forth: then the remnant of his brethren shall return unto the children of Israel.

I think verse 1 is about the Jews in the first century, after the cross, rebelling against the Romans and in response in 70 AD the temple and city being besieged by the Romans (I understand it says Assyrian later down in the passage, which I will give my view of how that plays out), and smiting the judge of Israel with a rod upon the cheek is the Romans in 70 AD punishing the religious leadership that as Jesus said sit on the seat of Moses, that is, they were the administrators of the law, the judge.   

Back coming out of Egypt, to handle the load of the number of Israelite's coming to Moses to settle squabbles over like someone's sheep getting mixed in with their neighbor's,  God had  Moses setup a system of courts and delegated judges to handle the matter.     That is basically what the Pharisees did was to administer the laws, and made sure everyone followed the religious laws as well - to the letter.

Why it says "he" had laid siege against the Jews in 70 AD, it is indirectly an inference to the end times Antichrist, who will come from the people (the Romans,) who destroyed the temple and city.   Daniel 9:26.       There are two "he's" in the chapter.    One is about Jesus, the other is about the endtimes Antichrist, although there is the historical aspect, which is there for background.  

Verse 2, Bethlehem, and the ruler,  is a inference to Jesus, who the Jews rejected as their king.   And Jesus in Matthew 23, prophesied the destruction of their temple accordingly.   Which Jesus will be coming back to be that ruler, of Israel in the end times.

Verse 3. Is that because the Jews rejected Jesus, for a time they suffered in the 2000 years diaspora, among the nations.    In Ezekiel 39;   Jesus explains this.

23 And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity: because they trespassed against me, therefore hid I my face from them, and gave them into the hand of their enemies: so fell they all by the sword.

24 According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them, and hid my face from them.

25 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;

So for 2000 years the Jews were in exile.   At the end of WWII, God began bringing them back to land of Israel, "bring again the captivity of Jacob", which is just a bibilical way of saying that God brought them out of exile.   Not all for certain, because of the number of Jews still in the nations.   

Which takes us to verse 3 again and.....Therefore will he give them up, until the time that she which travaileth hath brought forth: then the remnant of his brethren shall return unto the children of Israel.

Okay, that in blue ties to Isaiah 66:7-8, a prophesy about Israel becoming a nation again, borne in a single day, which happened in May 14, 1948.     Also in that Israel 66:7-8 prophecy, it is indicating at that time (our generation) the Jews will finally embrace Jesus as their King, Lord, Savior.

Isaiah 66:

Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.

Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

That takes us to our generation.   And the troubles the reformed nation of Israel has had to go through since 1948.

And he shall stand and feed in the strength of the Lord, in the majesty of the name of the Lord his God; and they shall abide: for now shall he be great unto the ends of the earth.

And this man shall be the peace, when the Assyrian shall come into our land: and when he shall tread in our palaces, then shall we raise against him seven shepherds, and eight principal men.

Again verse 4, is talking about Jesus, and when he returns to bring peace to earth, at the end of the 7 years under the Antichrist, who will come out of the EU, go through 4 stages in his rise and fall to being the illicit King of Israel, son David, messiah, embraced for a time by the Jews as their messiah.     Until he reveals himself as the man of sin, claims to be God, in the middle of the 7 years, and the Jews impeach him as their king.      And God has him killed for claiming to be God, Ezekiel 28:1-10, then brings him back to life,in Isaiah 14:19-20 because of his disdain for him, because not only will he be from the EU, the end times Roman Empire and descended from the Julio-Claudian family, he will be a Jew - of all people - to sell out to Satan.

Well, where's the Assyrian in this?  

It is because when God brings the Antichrist back to life, the Antichrist in collusion with Satan will be possessed by the disembodied spirit  of the beast ascending out of the bottomless pit, which will be allowed.    That beast, the person when he was alive, but was already in the bottomless pit, in Revelation 17:8a, at the time of John first century, and tied to Mystery Babylon - is Nimrod.    Who is the Assyrian.

The "he" in verse 6 to deliver Israel from the Assyrian is Jesus when he returns to defeat the Antichrist, who will be possessed by the unclean spirit of Nimrod that last 42 months as he rules the world as the Antichrist-beast (Revelation 13).   Which nearly all of Revelation only addresses the Antichrist in that final stage - as the Antichrist beast.

And they shall waste the land of Assyria with the sword, and the land of Nimrod in the entrances thereof: thus shall he deliver us from the Assyrian, when he cometh into our land, and when he treadeth within our borders.

And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.

And the remnant of Jacob shall be among the Gentiles in the midst of many people as a lion among the beasts of the forest, as a young lion among the flocks of sheep: who, if he go through, both treadeth down, and teareth in pieces, and none can deliver.

At the end of the 7 years, the armies of the world will surround Jerusalem, and will prepare to make war on Jesus.   At that same time, the Jews held captive in Jerusalem, will essentially be hostages, which they will fight like 10,000 king Davids (I forget the bible verse, I will have to look it up), as Satan's last ploy will be to destroy them so God's promises can't come to pass, as Jesus's descent to this earth will be imminent.

Thine hand shall be lifted up upon thine adversaries, and all thine enemies shall be cut off.

10 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord, that I will cut off thy horses out of the midst of thee, and I will destroy thy chariots:

This is about the destruction of the armies gathered against Jerusalem, in Zechariah 14, and Jesus's return in judgement against those armies.    It says thy in verse 10 but it is not talking about the Jews, but about the enemies come to destroy them and make war on Jesus.     The horses and chariots is just a representative way of saying all the earth armys' military arsenal.

Revelation 19:

17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh

Edited by douggg

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings elijanoc

Welcome to Worthy.....................Yes,the prophets are amazing,I only wish they woold have referred to them as the Minor Books or Writings of ,rather than Minor Prophets.....it can give people the wrong idea,they are just as Blessed & significant as all the rest.............

The prophet Micah was a contemporary of Isaiah & ministered in Judah between 750 & 686bc,this book altfernatfes between predictions of judgement & words of hope and encouragement.While God rejects idolatry,injustice& ritualism,He gladly pardons the penitant!The major theme of Micah is also about Davids kingdom & that it will be restored & enlarged with the coming Messiah.....(just a little FYI)

It is important to interpret in context....................the Book of Micah is best known for the 5th chapter,2nd verse.....the promise of the coming Messiah.Micah foretold the place where He would be born.the village of Bethlehem....this is one of the most remarkable  Messianiac prophecies in the entire OT...............The 5th chapter from 1-15 foretells the defeat of Israel(Northern kingdom)by the Assyrians

.But in the midst of this prophecy is another look into the future that does have universal implications.This is a far future event with reference to the ultimate restoration of Israel in the millenium kingdom.(2nd coming)

A deliverer or"ruler in Israel"(verse 2)will be born in Israel.As we know ,this Messianic prophecy was fulfilled by the birth  of Jesus around 700 years after Micah's day(Luke 2:1-7)

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings elijanoc...
     I thought you might like some references for the 5th chapter & found these
 . The Endless Kingship of the Messiah (5: 1-8; 5: 2-9 EV)

1)Its Basis (5: 1-2a MT; 5: 2-3a EV)
       1-His Birth in Bethlehem, According to His Human Nature (5:1a MT; 5:2b EV)

2-His Generation from Eternity, According to His Divine Nature (5:1b MT; 5:2b EV)

1-His Conception and Birth, According to His Human Nature (5:2a MT; 5:3a EV)
1)Its Boundlessness (5: 2b-3 MT; 5: 3b-4 EV)
          1- in Terms of Beneficiaries (2b MT; 3b EV)
           2-In Terms of Strength (5:3a MT; 5:4a EV)
            3-In Terms of Geography (5:3b MT; 5:4b EV)
  2)Its Boon to Man: Peace with God (5:4a MT; 5:5a EV)
   3)Its Pre-Incarnate Manifestation (5: 4b-5 MT; 5: 5b-6 EV)
             1-His Coming Destruction of Assyria (5: 4b-5a MT; 5: 5b-6a EV)
               2-His Coming Deliverance of Judah from Assyria (5:5b MT; 5:6b EV)
     4)Its Empowering Effects (5: 6-8 MT; 5: 7-9 EV)
              1-The Spiritual Potency of His People in Dispersion (5: 6-7 MT; 5: 7-8 EV)
                 2-The Confounding of All the Foes of His People (5:8 MT; 5:9 EV)
 Oracle 10, Contrasting the Potency of God and the Impotence All Disobeying Him (5: 9-14 MT; 5: 10-15 EV)

1-The Destruction of Rebellious Judah (5: 9-13 MT; 5: 10-14 EV)
                   2-The Destruction of All Rebels of All Nations (5:14 MT; 5:15 EV)