Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Taker

Islanders, can they be saved?

111 posts in this topic

Who are Islanders? Islanders are people who have never met a pastor or missionary and have never had the opportunity to read the Bible before. Can these people be Christians? Or, do they automatically go to Hell? Bear in mind that for thousands of years Native Americans and other groups of people fell into this category. For the sake of this topic, we are going to refer to these people as "Islanders".

I believe that these people can become Christians. However, I am going to hold-off on stating my reasoning for this. I want to see what others will say first, then I will share my reasoning. ^_^

The Bible says that Jesus decides who does and who does not go to heaven.....   He gives us a pretty stable way to be sure we can be part of heaven, but he also really doesn't tell us for sure what he will do with those who have never heard the Gospel.....    I have some ideas from Matthew chapter 25, but certainly not something I'd care to bet my soul on.

From my point of view those people will be in the hands of a very just Jesus....   Whatever He decides to do with them will be just and fair...   but I seriously don't think we need to be making those judgments for him.

For those who had not, or have not, head of God, Romans 2 covers this.  Verses 12-16

For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

They can only be saved if they somehow come to know Jesus before they die.  In the book of Acts, you see two instances of people seeking God that didn't know Jesus.  In one case, it was a man called Cornelius.  God had an angel get Peter to go to him and explain the message of the gospel.  Only after he and his household accepted Christ were they saved.  In another instance, there was a eunuch sitting in a chariot reading from one of the prophets, and God supernaturally took a Christian to him to explain the gospel.  Only after he believed and accepted Jesus was he saved.  You can't get saved after you die. 

Blessings Taken....

We have gone over this subject many times before and as I have always shared that just knowing Gods Will is that none should perish and the fact that He did not even spare His Only begotten Son so that humankind can have the opportunity to be reconciled back to Him gives me confidence that He will give every single person on earth the same opportunity................I believe He makes Himself known to everyone

With love-in Christ,Kwik

They can only be saved if they somehow come to know Jesus before they die.  In the book of Acts, you see two instances of people seeking God that didn't know Jesus.  In one case, it was a man called Cornelius.  God had an angel get Peter to go to him and explain the message of the gospel.  Only after he and his household accepted Christ were they saved.  In another instance, there was a eunuch sitting in a chariot reading from one of the prophets, and God supernaturally took a Christian to him to explain the gospel.  Only after he believed and accepted Jesus was he saved.  You can't get saved after you die. 

Exemption for those who lived in pre-Christian times - surely not?

Blessings Taken....

We have gone over this subject many times before and as I have always shared that just knowing Gods Will is that none should perish and the fact that He did not even spare His Only begotten Son so that humankind can have the opportunity to be reconciled back to Him gives me confidence that He will give every single person on earth the same opportunity................I believe He makes Himself known to everyone

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Glad to see you back, Kwik. Where have you been?

Blessings Oak.....

I have not been well but Praise & Glory to God ....He gives me strength & here I am.............thank You for asking,I missed you all!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Blessings Oak.....

I have not been well but Praise & Glory to God ....He gives me strength & here I am.............thank You for asking,I missed you all!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

It was only a day or two, but you're fairly prolific so it seemed out of character.

Anyway, I'd better not hijack this thread any more. Back to the question.

Can Islanders be saved? Yes, I think so. Give me time and I'll dig out the scripture that I believe says so.

Check these:

John 5:28-29
Revelation 20:12-13

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0