• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  147
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Atwood.

In your post of 22 April 2014 - 09:15 PM, you comment,

"I must say that it is beyond me how one would think that Peter was unconverted in Mat 16."

Then how do you account for what Peter said some 10 chapters later on?

Mat 26:74 Then he began to invoke a curse on himself and to swear, "I do not know the man." And immediately the rooster crowed. 
Mat 26:75 And Peter remembered the saying of Jesus, "Before the rooster crows, you will deny me three times." And he went out and wept bitterly. 

• Group:  Junior Member

Hashe, you say,

"IT is wrong to say that Peter was 'unconverted' when Jesus spoke to him"

Mat 26:74 Then he began to invoke a curse on himself and to swear, "I do not know the man." And immediately the rooster crowed.
Mat 26:75 And Peter remembered the saying of Jesus, "Before the rooster crows, you will deny me three times." And he went out and wept bitterly.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Edwin....

If I may ,,,,,it is not that Peter was unconverted but in fact he was not yet fully committed as  is shown us in John 2:24,& until that time Jesus did not give His Spirit to the apostles.................they were not yet indwelled with the Holy Spirit because Jesus had not yet died

When we are  in the company of non-believers we must always be an example of Christ & treat everyone with love & kindness,this is not to say we should stay where we are not welcome or received as Jesus told his disciples to simply kick the dust off their feet & move on to the next city(or house,paraphrasing Matt 10:14) What is most important is that we walk in spirit & in truth,following the direction of the Holy Spirit.If we stay out of Gods way & let Him move through us then His Will will be done according to the purpose of our calling.

The best way to preach the Gospel is to live it ,to be doers of the Word & act accordingly as Ambassadors for Christ........always remember how Jesus accepted & loved us while we were yet in sin,with open arms......

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Also,Peter was just a man,he felt alone,afraid & probably abandoned not yet understanding what had just happened....he feared for his life & spoke out of fear........another example of the apostle being human & Christs forgiveness,it helps us to see that they were not unlike ourselves and the Grace of God

Thank you kwikphilly for your post. In which you say,

"If I may ,,,,,it is not that Peter was unconverted but in fact he was not yet fully committed as  is shown us in John 2:24,& until that time Jesus did not give His Spirit to the apostles.................they were not yet indwelled with the Holy Spirit because Jesus had not yet died"

Amen: I fact none of the disciples were, as is indicated in the following verses,

Jhn 20:19 On the evening of that day, the first day of the week, the doors being locked where the disciples were for fear of the Jews, [fn] Jesus came and stood among them and said to them, "Peace be with you." 
Jhn 20:20 When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. 
Jhn 20:21 Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I am sending you." 
Jhn 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. 

ESV Footnote: (20:19) Greek Ioudaioi probably refers here to Jewish religious leaders, and others under their influence, in that time

Act 1:3 He presented himself alive to them after his suffering by many proofs, appearing to them during forty days and speaking about the kingdom of God. 
Act 1:4 And while staying [fn] with them he ordered them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise of the Father, which, he said, "you heard from me; 
Act 1:5 for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with [fn] the Holy Spirit not many days from now."

ESV Footnote: (1:4) Or eating

May the Lord bless you, and keep you safe.

Edwin.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Hashe, you say,

Just because Peter failed in one instance, doesn't mean he wasn't converted.

Do you think all converted people don't make mistakes? Or are sometimes afraid to speak up to say they belong to Jesus?

Hashe, you say,

Just because Peter failed in one instance, doesn't mean he wasn't converted.

Do you think all converted people don't make mistakes? Or are sometimes afraid to speak up to say they belong to Jesus?

Hashe.

How many converted people do you know who have denied knowing Jesus?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

"And he went out and wept bitterly."

Yes, Peter sinned, but let's consider what the Lord said about Peter's coming problems:

Luke 22: "Simon, Simon, behold, Satan asked to have you, that he might sift you as wheat: but I made supplication for you that your faith fail not; and do you, when once you have turned again, establish your brethren."

So Peter had faith before the denial. And whosoever believes has everlasting life, is born again.