• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

God doesn't lie and Christians shouldn't lie but can we play our cards close to our chest?

God plays his cards close to his chest and reveals information a bit at a time and only as he sees fit. We don't know all his plans. In the future Christians may be persecuted. Are we better off not giving too much away?

I'm not talking about denying our faith, we're meant to stand tall and face evil, I'm talking about other things, such as our plans and our politics?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

God doesn't lie and Christians shouldn't lie but can we play our cards close to our chest?

God plays his cards close to his chest and reveals information a bit at a time and only as he sees fit. We don't know all his plans. In the future Christians may be persecuted. Are we better off not giving too much away?

I'm not talking about denying our faith, we're meant to stand tall and face evil, I'm talking about other things, such as our plans and our politics?

You mean for our leaders to give this out?Or our personal opinions?

You mean for our leaders to give this out?Or our personal opinions?

Our personal opinions?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Oak

I understand partly what you are saying,like in the days when the Romans were seeking out the Christians to force them to deny Christ & submit to their authority they were not going to make public where they held their gatherings & meetings nor would they divulge a map of the catacombs,they needed to survive in order to spread the Gospel....................so what plans & politics are you referring to for our time?

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Guest DRS81

Well, in regards to spreading the name of Jesus and the gospel of salvation then no, we shouldn't hold back.

There are in fact crowns of life that we receive at the Bema Seat so...

In regards to plans then, that's up to you....I myself am a heavy supporter in the rights to privacy.

Politics and your faith could carry the same weight, because wherever there's moral ethics involved,

there's your faith standing right behind it. - DRS81

Blessings Oak

I understand partly what you are saying,like in the days when the Romans were seeking out the Christians to force them to deny Christ & submit to their authority they were not going to make public where they held their gatherings & meetings nor would they divulge a map of the catacombs,they needed to survive in order to spread the Gospel....................so what plans & politics are you referring to for our time?

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Don't reveal too much about yourself. If you feel that you have to stand up for your Christian values then do so, but don't go around openly criticising homosexuality, abortion or anything else that is politically sensitive these days unless you do it anonymously.

Don't make strong political views on Facebook or other social media. Don't give out your address or whereabouts to anybody unless you feel you can trust them. If you have a sordid past from your pre-salvation days then don't put yourself in a situation where it can be used against you. Don't act holier-than-thou or too judgemental if there is in any skeleton in your closet that may be used to target you as a hypocrite.

If you feel courageous enough to boldly make a statement that supports your beliefs then make sure that you can back-it-up with your own character. Otherwise be wise and keep your mouth shut.

Don't reveal too much about your private life especially if you are struggling with sin or a particular vice. Wait until you have conquered your vice before blurting out your opinions because you can give Christians a bad name.

In short, don't put yourself in unnecessary danger or jeopardise the security or welfare of others.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

uh.....you threw me with the cards close to the chest and God in the same sentence

Here's what I think about what you are asking and I'll just use your response in post 6 for my remarks

Don't reveal too much about yourself. If you feel that you have to stand up for your Christian values then do so, but don't go around openly criticising homosexuality, abortion or anything else that is politically sensitive these days unless you do it anonymously.

Don't make strong political views on Facebook or other social media. Don't give out your address or whereabouts to anybody unless you feel you can trust them. If you have a sordid past from your pre-salvation days then don't put yourself in a situation where it can be used against you. Don't act holier-than-thou or too judgemental if there is in any skeleton in your closet that may be used to target you as a hypocrite.

If you feel courageous enough to boldly make a statement that supports your beliefs then make sure that you can back-it-up with your own character. Otherwise be wise and keep your mouth shut.

Don't reveal too much about your private life especially if you are struggling with sin or a particular vice. Wait until you have conquered your vice before blurting out your opinions because you can give Christians a bad name.

In short, don't put yourself in unnecessary danger or jeopardise the security or welfare of others.

There is a difference between being honest and dumping every thought in your head 'out there' for everyone else to analyze.   There is a time and place for everything and that time and place is not

EVERY time and place if you get my meaning?

As far as political views go, I guess people are free to express them and equally free to never mind them.   The word descretion is applicable for the questons you are asking.  Unless a person has

offended a whole bunch of people and they desire to make amends with the way they treated people in their pre-Christian days, why talk about all the sin you committed?  That might be appropriate

in a testimony and sometimes only depending on the age group and the sins comitted.  Again, descretion.

We should never act self righteous at any time and correcting people without love is never right either.  Remember that non-Christians should not be expected to live up to the Bible's standards even

if they are judged by what scripture says.  

We should basically show we are Christians by how we act....because talk is cheap...yet be prepared to answer anyone regarding our faith...as scripture says we should.

If you can't remember all that, then a simple 'don't poke your finger someone elses' eye should suffice.  

Sounds like you might be thinking about something in particular?  Maybe not, but I kind of have the impression your are asking for a reason...

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

There are times that we need to be as wise as serpents and as harmless as doves.

We need to be outspoken at times to protest the direction our nation is headed or to support godliness, if any is to be found.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Oak

LOL...thanks,I understand perfectly now! And I have to agree,I have a cousin who swears like a long shoreman,has a temper to beat the band & can display some very inappropriate behavior at any given moment......I beg her not to go around announcing she is a Christian,with the same mouth she blesses God she will curse you with the next breath.................

I think it is good common sense to keep alot private and there is a time & place for everything........I am proud to proclaim the Name of Jesus anywhere,anytime and I have faced opposition on several occasions where people even became combative but the Holy Spirit leads & guides us through all situations.........& at times,yes.......we are told to keep quiet until the proper time.

With love-in Christ,Kwik

uh.....you threw me with the cards close to the chest and God in the same sentence

Here's what I think about what you are asking and I'll just use your response in post 6 for my remarks

There is a difference between being honest and dumping every thought in your head 'out there' for everyone else to analyze.   There is a time and place for everything and that time and place is not

EVERY time and place if you get my meaning?

As far as political views go, I guess people are free to express them and equally free to never mind them.   The word descretion is applicable for the questons you are asking.  Unless a person has

offended a whole bunch of people and they desire to make amends with the way they treated people in their pre-Christian days, why talk about all the sin you committed?  That might be appropriate

in a testimony and sometimes only depending on the age group and the sins comitted.  Again, descretion.

We should never act self righteous at any time and catstigating people without love is never correct either.  Remember that non-Christians should not be expected to live up the Bible's standards even

if they are judged by what scripture says.  

We should basically show we are Christians by how we act....because talk is cheap...yet be prepared to answer anyone regarding our faith...as scripture says we should.

If you can't remember all that, then a simple 'don't poke your finger someone elses' eye should suffice.  

Sounds like you might be thinking about something in particular?  Maybe not, but I kind of have the impression your are asking for a reason...

I was thinking about Facebook and how in the future we may be spied on and then I was thinking there may come a time in the future when we may be persecuted but why put yourself in line to be persecuted now? If you have a record for being a persistent 'troublemaker' as the Progressive order seems to see most Christians as being then you're going to be one of the first against the wall when the time comes.

You don't want to get fired from your job because you've been shouting down evil for the last decade, or because of some Evangelical remark you once posted on Twitter five years ago.

Some people have a calling, pastors for example. They are meant to express their views to large groups of people. Other Christians are terrible at preaching - they are bad public speakers and are best keeping quiet. They may be good writers though and perhaps they could do online witnessing such as blogging.

There may come a time when we may all have to boldly stand up and declare who we are and what we think - no holds barred and just before we're dragged off to be arrested, but why rock the boat now when we could be doing so much other good work but still keeping a low profile? It can be easy to witness to one person at a time, once you have gained that person's trust especially if you're a Christian alone in a non-Christian community - no point preaching openly if you're surrounded by lovers of vice. It might work, but you might just get yourself lynched and then you're no use to anybody!