• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Easter is no longer consider as a holiday. It makes wonder how soon Christmas will no longer be a holiday or Thanksgiving.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

When you say Easter is no longer a holiday, do you mean that people no longer get a day off of work for Easter?  

(Since I was not born and raised as a Christian, I grew up being used to my religious holidays not being recognized by most businesses, which didn't make them any less a holiday to me.)  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Yes everything used to be closed on good friday and easter

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/12/1986

Listen it is still an important day for Christians the world does not understand why it is important because they do not believe.

Guest DRS81

Easter is no longer consider as a holiday. It makes wonder how soon Christmas will no longer be a holiday or Thanksgiving.

I ain't surprised. America been tossin' God out of their schools, libraries, homes, work, music and tv for decades now..and they ask, "where was God in that tragedy".

Easter is about the resurrection of Jesus Christ, and very few really understand the significance of it..they like the candy and bunny fable though.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Thanksgiving is now just a head start on Christmas shopping. Most major stores are open now. Spring break also once coincided with Passover/Easter week but that was called discrimination so was seperated from holy week.

Someday I expect them to seperate Christmas vacation as well. Halloween has taken over as nearly as big as Christmas for sales and decoration, and Thanksgiving is being pushed out of peoples minds as well as history books. They are trying to downplay any influence of Judeo-christian religion on our country. All of this no longer surprises me.

They originally ruled that students should be excused to celebrate their religious services if requested and at first a lot of people did that. I rarely hear of it now. In fact our family has never been able to avoid working on Christmas when schedualed to do so. Too many people wanted it off to do other things than celebrate Christ's birth.

The only day that most stores seem to close for is new years day. Everyone is hung over or wants to watch the ball games.

Qnts is right. We should continue to hold our holy commemorations sacred no matter what the secular world does.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Stores are open on new years day here, but most are still closed on Christmas and thanksgiving. 

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

its still a holiday for me, I got it off and get it paid off-i was also supposed to have today (good friday) off as a paid holiday though we ended up working. But the thing is, if "getting it off work" is your definition of a holiday, then your missing the point of the holiday to begin with. In reality, the holiday only dies when you allow it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

Back before I became a stay at home mommy. The company I use to work for stop giving us Easter off. But if you said you needed that day off they would give it to you.

The reason being is because one religious holiday can not be given off without all other religions having their holidays off as well. With all the different religious now having their own days, their would be no time to get any work done.  We would all be on holiday far too  much.