• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/12/1986

1 Corinthians 4:6

KJV(i)6 And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another.
ACV(i)6 Now these things, brothers, I applied to myself and Apollos for your sakes, so that in us ye might learn not to think above that which is written, so that ye may not be puffed up, one over the one against the other.

These are my thoughts.

Those that are called by God should be able to work together.

• Group:  Advanced Member

1 Corinthians 4:7

KJV(i)7 For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?
ACV(i)7 For who makes thee different? And what have thou that thou did not receive? And also if thou received it, why do thou boast as not having received it?

These are my thoughts.

We should brag because all the good things we have and are able to do are blessings from God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I think to grasp what Paul is saying one has to read the entire chapter.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,097
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Clark

I could not agree with other one more....especially to consider what Paul was dealing with,the peoples many issues he was addressing to the church at Corinth

With love-in Christ,Kwik

1 Corinthians 4:8

KJV(i)8 Now ye are full, now ye are rich, ye have reigned as kings without us: and I would to God ye did reign, that we also might reign with you.
ACV(i)8 Already ye are filled. Already ye have become rich. Ye reigned without us, and O that ye did indeed reign, so that we also might reign with you.

These are my thoughts.

Thru Christ we are made apart of a royal family.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

1 Corin 3: 8-15 might shine some light on this.

• 3 weeks later...

I have read the whole chapter by the way, I just am taking verse by verse with the scripture in context.

Edited by clark thompson

Guest shiloh357

I have read the whole chapter by the way, I just am taking first by first with the scripture in context.

Uh, I think you mean "verse by verse."  "first by first" makes no sense.

1 Corinthians 4:9

KJV(i)9 For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.
ACV(i)9 For I think God has exhibited us the apostles least, as men sentenced to die, because we became a spectacle to the world, both to heavenly agents and to men.

These are my thoughts.

People may make a show of our faith but our faith should never be a show but true and done out of love for our Lord.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

1 Corinthians 4:8

KJV(i)8 Now ye are full, now ye are rich, ye have reigned as kings without us: and I would to God ye did reign, that we also might reign with you.

ACV(i)8 Already ye are filled. Already ye have become rich. Ye reigned without us, and O that ye did indeed reign, so that we also might reign with you.

These are my thoughts.

INSTEAD PERHAPS PAUL IS BEING SARCASTIC HERE. THEY MAY BE RICH IN MENS EYES WHILE PAULS IS POOR AND PERSECUTED, CONSIDERED A FOOL. THEY HAD BECOME PROUD AS IF IT WERE THEIR OWN DOING AND NOT A GIFT FROM GOD. BUT GOD KNOWS THE HIDDEN THINGS NOT VISIBLE TO MEN. THAT IS WHY HE WROTE V. 14 NKJV, I DO NOT WRITE THESE THINGS TO SHAME YOU BUT AS MY BELOVED CHILDREN TO WARN YOU.

Thru Christ we are made apart of a royal family.

This comment is true. " But your are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy." 1 Pet.2:9-10 Ephesians 1 futher explains the true riches of those who are IN CHRIST. We inherit and have nothing apart from the spiritual blessings of being found in Him.

Re-reading chapters 3 through 5, they were babes in Christ who thought of themselves more highly than they ought. They thought of themselves as sophisticated and tollarent of sin, of more learned than their teachers; they were divisive and boastful. They are in need of nothing like the church at Laodicea had become in Rev.3:14 Instead it my be a very sad commentary by Paul.

These are the thoughts that come to my mind as I read your verses in context.