• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

In addition, we need to be witnessing more than inviting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah, you don't suppose that witnessing could include offering fellowship? Or should I just tell someone "Jesus" and then walk away?

Everyone needs ongoing relationships with other people, to help them find - and then stay faithful to - God. :) The world has plenty of lone rangers already.

They need to be taught. Encouraged. Held accountable.

Just like anyone else.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did a lot of bible reading before I ever set foot in a church. I had to check out the info for myself before I latched on to somebody elses teaching.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

In addition, we need to be witnessing more than inviting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah, you don't suppose that witnessing could include offering fellowship? Or should I just tell someone "Jesus" and then walk away?

Everyone needs ongoing relationships with other people, to help them find - and then stay faithful to - God. :) The world has plenty of lone rangers already.

They need to be taught. Encouraged. Held accountable.

Just like anyone else.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did not exclude the invitation to church. "More than" is the key phrase I used.

People want to know us before they'll say yes to an invitation. Some must know Jesus first before going to church. That is why witnessing is a vital part of our relationship with those who don't know God personally. They need to experience the fellowship, ongoing relationships, encouragement... before they'll come to church.

Many outside of those 4 walls called church see an invitation to church as a selfish wish of church goers. They must be convinced you care before they'll care about coming. We must go out of our way to reach these people.

It isn't either/or all are needed.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I did a lot of bible reading before I ever set foot in a church. I had to check out the info for myself before I latched on to somebody elses teaching.

Yep. There are many like you out there. Others want to know what type of people someone is before they'll go to their church too.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  01/16/1969

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of GOD...the Gospel needs to be heard.The Gospel can be presented to someone outside the church.Share the Word with someone today :emot-hug:

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  1

When I pray for the lost, I pray that God would use me to reach them in some way, even if it is just tobe a link in the chain in terms of their road to salvation. I pray that God would help me to delelop a relationship with the person. I also pray God would provide me with relationships with unbelievers. I pray that God would soften their hearts and open their eyes. I pray God would create devine appointments for them

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

When I pray for the lost, I pray that God would use me to reach them in some way, even if it is just tobe a link in the chain in terms of their road to salvation. I pray that God would help me to delelop a relationship with the person. I also pray  God would provide me with relationships with unbelievers. I pray that God would soften their hearts and open their eyes. I pray God would create devine appointments for them

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds righteous to me :wub:

• Thumbs Up 1

• 14 years later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  2,212
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

For me.. forgive me.. this should have more hits then anything else. For God so loved the world. By it I mean talking about it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

On 6/3/2005 at 10:26 AM, EricH said:

When I pray for the lost, I pray that God would use me to reach them in some way, even if it is just tobe a link in the chain in terms of their road to salvation. I pray that God would help me to delelop a relationship with the person. I also pray God would provide me with relationships with unbelievers. I pray that God would soften their hearts and open their eyes. I pray God would create devine appointments for them

When I prayed for my hubby I prayed day and night that wherever he ran he would run into God.  Divine appointments.  His clients continually witnessed to him and he had to listen or lose their business.  I also prayed that God would soften his heart and open his eyes and ears.  Every person at work was replaced by a Christian, and his boss's pastor also came in and witnessed to him.  He came home and said he was outnumbered.  lol.  When an unbeliever approaches me I quickly ask God to give me the right words.  Then I pray quietly while speaking to the person.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1