• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

" ...and because iniquity shall abound, the love of many will wax cold."

Matthew 24:12

These are Christ's words concerning the end of the world. The lawless. unjust and the unfair is all around us and it takes on many, many guises. And the question is to what degree does a person who is weighted down by misfortune, continue to love? And still in our nation it's still possible to take advantage of freedoms including religion. But there are signs all around us. For instance, seeing Boston shut down within a matter of hours by the new state security police without constitutional restraint is a very frightening circumstance. Yes, I know it's to control terror but I can see it used indiscriminately. Information collected can be used in many different ways as well; for example the conservative Tea Party IRS scandal. There so much more that can be mentioned where politics and religion are being targeted. Many ignore the news and stuff their personal tragedies back into their souls. The results are heart numbing. This scripture might still be in our distant future, but it's effects are certainly being felt.

Oak          .   .    

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Well, as far as I see it - love is waxing cold. There's a weird type of love these days. They call it love but it's not. We are in the middle of a crisis. Family values are disappearing, politicians seem to be more dishonest than they have ever been (either that or clueless) and the World is run by evil. I think it will get worse too.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I do not see how our world can last much longer in the state it is in.Just look at the news it is awful.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I do not see how our world can last much longer in the state it is in.Just look at the news it is awful.

It can't last much longer. God is going to leave it until it is in such a mess that only he can sort it out. He's trying to show us that we need him.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

It can't last much longer. God is going to leave it until it is in such a mess that only he can sort it out. He's trying to show us that we need him.

I agree  :mgcheerful:

Guest DRS81

Well, as far as I see it - love is waxing cold. There's a weird type of love these days. They call it love but it's not. We are in the middle of a crisis. Family values are disappearing..

I'm looking forward to reading 'Celebrating the Single Life' by Susan Annette Muto.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with you both but I would say that at looking at all this ""mess" and "news," my heart as those who are near me is feeling the effects. The most dastardly thing is that I see scripture under attack. I'm sure all Christians want to reassure the non-believers, we love them or are taught to love them. I'm sure priest and pastors would like to marry people without constraints, or pushing anyone away. But none of us are able to change God's word. We can take the stance of the recent Pope who said about homosexual's, something like, "who am I to judge?" Please correct me if I'm wrong because it came from an article and or conversation which I can't totally rely on. At one point we will have to make a stand for Christ and the Bible, saying, "we would love to do all that your asking but we have to be true to our beliefs." *This being said with a good faith and love in our hearts.

* Added on for further clarification.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

As more people in the world become less Judeo-Christian in their beliefs, of course love will wax colder and colder.  Without the love of Christ and YHWH in our lives, love cannot exist, all other "loves" are superficial, or self serving.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

As we research what scripture tells us about the last days, it is clear that sin will abound.  There will be a time when many will fall away from their once held belief in Christ.  Christianity will basically become outlawed.  All we can do is depend more on God for guidance and strength, which will increase our personal faith in Him and secure our walk.  Times will be very tough and the fence sitters will not make it.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  67

As we research what scripture tells us about the last days, it is clear that sin will abound.  There will be a time when many will fall away from their once held belief in Christ.  Christianity will basically become outlawed.  All we can do is depend more on God for guidance and strength, which will increase our personal faith in Him and secure our walk.  Times will be very tough and the fence sitters will not make it.

Wise words Alan. 

Amen