Hashe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Man is appointed to die once and then to judgement. I don't believe any story that anyone tells of dying, going to heaven, and returning back to earth alive to tell the tale. Except the accounts given in Scripture as revelation from GOD.

Not saying your wrong for what do I know about such things. But there have been people who have been consider dead and then brought back. How does one explain that? I personally think it is possible to have God say to you "it is not your time."And he sends you back. Interesting to think about I must say.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

In the story of the rich man and Lazarus (Luke 16:19-31), Abraham refused to send Lazarus back to warn his brothers of the fate that awaited them unless they changed their ways. He said they had Moses and the prophets (the Old Testament) and could listen to them. When the rich man argued that a personal visit would be much more persuasive, Abraham said if they didn’t believe the Scriptures they would not be convinced even if someone came back from the dead.

If the Lord would not approve sending someone back when they only had the Old Testament and no one had ever come back from the dead, why would He approve it now when we have the New Testament and Jesus has come back from the dead?

No dead raised in the OT?

1 Kings 17:19 “Give me your son,” Elijah replied. He took him from her arms, carried him to the upper room where he was staying, and laid him on his bed. 20 Then he cried out to the Lord, “Lord my God, have you brought tragedy even on this widow I am staying with, by causing her son to die?” 21 Then he stretched himself out on the boy three times and cried out to the Lord, “Lord my God, let this boy’s life return to him!”

22 The Lord heard Elijah’s cry, and the boy’s life returned to him, and he lived

2 Kings 4:32 When Elisha came into the house, there was the child, lying dead on his bed.  33 He went in therefore, shut the door behind the two of them, and prayed to the Lord.  34 And he went up and lay on the child, and put his mouth on his mouth, his eyes on his eyes, and his hands on his hands; and he stretched himself out on the child, and the flesh of the child became warm.  35 He returned and walked back and forth in the house, and again went up and stretched himself out on him; then the child sneezed seven times, and the child opened his eyes.  36 And he called Gehazi and said, “Call this Shunammite woman.” So he called her. And when she came in to him, he said, “Pick up your son.”  37 So she went in, fell at his feet, and bowed to the ground; then she picked up her son and went out.

2 Kings 13:21 Once while some Israelites were burying a man, suddenly they saw a band of raiders; so they threw the man’s body into Elisha’s tomb. When the body touched Elisha’s bones, the man came to life and stood up on his feet.

What about the new?

Mark 5:38 Then He came to the house of the ruler of the synagogue, and saw a tumult and those who wept and wailed loudly.  39 When He came in, He said to them, “Why make this commotion and weep? The child is not dead, but sleeping.”

40 And they ridiculed Him. But when He had put them all outside, He took the father and the mother of the child, and those who were with Him, and entered where the child was lying.  41 Then He took the child by the hand, and said to her, “Talitha, cumi,” which is translated, “Little girl, I say to you, arise.”

Luke 7:12 And when He came near the gate of the city, behold, a dead man was being carried out, the only son of his mother; and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the city was with her.  13 When the Lord saw her, He had compassion on her and said to her, “Do not weep.”  14 Then He came and touched the open coffin, and those who carried him stood still. And He said, “Young man, I say to you, arise.”  15 So he who was dead sat up and began to speak. And He presented him to his mother.

John 11:43 When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!” 44 The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face.

Ya, but that was Jesus...

Matthew 10:7 And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’  8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.

Acts 9:40 But Peter put them all out, and knelt down and prayed. And turning to the body he said, “Tabitha, arise.” And she opened her eyes, and when she saw Peter she sat up.  41 Then he gave her his hand and lifted her up; and when he had called the saints and widows, he presented her alive.  42 And it became known throughout all Joppa, and many believed on the Lord.                                 (note here that the dead raised caused many to believe)

Acts 20:9 And in a window sat a certain young man named Eutychus, who was sinking into a deep sleep. He was overcome by sleep; and as Paul continued speaking, he fell down from the third story and was taken up dead.  10 But Paul went down, fell on him, and embracing him said, “Do not trouble yourselves, for his life is in him.”  11 Now when he had come up, had broken bread and eaten, and talked a long while, even till daybreak, he departed.  12 And they brought the young man in alive, and they were not a little comforted.

So God wont allow people coming back from the dead? It seems the bible doesn't agree with you.

Yes, man is appointed to die once, but if God decides to bring them back, who am I to tell them to stay dead? :)

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

2 Corinthians11:14-15 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

After reading this I don't want to focus on the truth of NDE's.Is it worth it?

Before the Resurrection of Christ, no one went to heaven except Elisha and Enoch. They went to Sheol. So they didn't go to Heaven and GOD sent them back. Nowhere in Scripture does anyone describe dying and GOD telling them to go back. Even in Acts, in neither case you sited was it ever claimed that the person went to heaven, nor did the people testify to such a thing. Of course nothing is impossible for GOD, that is a ridiculous statement to make. This is a ridiculous argument (discussion) and I am bowing out now. Everything that is being said or written is man made, not scripural and people are making assumptions and forming conclusions when no such evidence exists.

The Bible is silent on NDE's.Lazarus actually died for three days and Jesus brought him back to life.If NDE's were important to God and He wanted us to know that he would bless us with this knowledge don't you think that would be in the Bible?

Satan's favorite victims are children.Just read the news and you will see.People are saying that if a child saw this of course it is real.Satan is no dumby.What better advertisement for Satan's lies and deception than a child.Ofcourse the child does not know that.He is innocent.If a person does have a NDE why not just leave it with that person and God?God knows.Why would you publish a book or make a movie from it?There is alot of money in that for someone's pocketbook.

This is another way for people to want to "prove" that there is a heaven.Where is our faith?Does the Bible not tell us that Jesus is preparing a place for us?Why do we need proof or a childs statement that there is really a heaven?

I want you to know that I was on my way out the door.I felt that I needed to post this for some reason.

It is very possible people are going to ignore this post because they are so focused on wanting to believe what they want.....so be it.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

This is a ridiculous argument (discussion) and I am bowing out now.

I don't think it is ridiculous at all. I find it very interesting. No body can make any body believe something they don't want to believe.  Still interesting to explore the ideal.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Before the Resurrection of Christ, no one went to heaven except Elisha and Enoch. They went to Sheol. So they didn't go to Heaven and GOD sent them back. Nowhere in Scripture does anyone describe dying and GOD telling them to go back. Even in Acts, in neither case you sited was it ever claimed that the person went to heaven, nor did the people testify to such a thing. Of course nothing is impossible for GOD, that is a ridiculous statement to make. This is a ridiculous argument (discussion) and I am bowing out now. Everything that is being said or written is man made, not scripural and people are making assumptions and forming conclusions when no such evidence exists.

I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding you. with the passages mentioned, these are biblical cases of someone dying and coming back fromt he dead. The bible doesn't go into the detail of their death/afterlife experience but to say they didn't have one because the bible doesn't go into detail about it isn't a good answer. They died, and that most likely includes an experience with their death.

Where do we go when we die?

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

Philippians 1:23 For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

The problem I have is all the people saying they went to heaven and they aren't saved. this happens in many near death experiences.

Guest LadyC

in the case of this four year old child.... was he unsaved? or was he saved? or had he even reached the age of accountability? clearly the boy knew of Jesus. his dad is a preacher. that doesn't make him saved. but just because he is only four doesn't mean he wasn't, either. 

i'm not into the whole NDE thing. never gave much credibility to them. but this kid's vision of heaven is pretty convincing. he had nothing to gain by making this up, but there are too many details to have imagined it. he never flat-lined during surgery, as happens in every NDE that i've ever heard of (although granted i don't usually pay attention to such experience, so i could be wrong.) but the way it sounds to me, this wasn't any near death anything. it was just a vision. a very detailed vision. 

and God can still give those. it makes far more sense to me that He would give such a vision to a boy with the faith of a little child than to a jaded adult that is full of skepticism.

The problem I have is all the people saying they went to heaven and they aren't saved. this happens in many near death experiences.

Now there are people who are on their death bed and have said things like "I see Jesus" or "I see heaven" or "I see my mother".But then I have heard stories of people saying right before they die "this is horrible" or "I am in pain and on fire" right before they die.These people actually die.They do not come back.I can see that happening.