• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

The denominations of christianity are many and divide the church then for each denomination that denomination is divided by certain beliefs or traditions even views on scripture.

now i dont like to classify myself to any one denomination because i find there is truth in each one.

i admire how the catholics hold very firm to the word of God and see it as sacrid as do i but i have always had issues with the catholics as well. in the main catholic religion anything other than their religion is not a denomination but heresy.

they believe they hold the one true beliefs and religion

and they pray to mary.

this last one really bugs me what can mary do for me that God cannot? plus according to the catholics you cannot be saved unless you have water baptism which i disagree because i am living proof this not true. i was baptized by fire not water and my salvation comes from the blood of the lamb not water.

dont get me wrong the catholics are cool with me because i have found some very loving ones but also some very strict hateful ones too.

i dont even know all the denominations or their beliefs but i do know these differences have the body at each others throats so as to what denomination i belong to i dont even know if i belong to one at all because like i said i find truth in each of them.

so i decided long ago to not belong to a certain group and just be whoever God wants me to be. my beliefs are not set in stone because i am willing to drop them in order to be taught the truth but not by man i go directly to God.

teachers and preachers are great but the issue is how many of them i have seen preaching their different views and beliefs as if they are fact and they condridict each other even mocking each other for their beliefs and teachings. many say to go to the word for the truth but the fact is we now live in an age where the bible is simply not enough anymore.

take one passage of scripture with 100 bible scholars and you will get at least 40 different interpretations.

I do not claim to have the true beliefs because odds are some of my beliefs are wrong but the good thing is if i go directly to the best teacher there is who is God himself he can show me where i am wrong and show me the truth. but to know the truth you have to be like clay, you cannot be so firm in all ur beliefs or the molder cannot mold you. but who is willing to do this? ppl will die for their beliefs and radically hold true to them as truth even if they are wrong.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/09/1974

The denominations of christianity are many and divide the church then for each denomination that denomination is divided by certain beliefs or traditions even views on scripture.

now i dont like to classify myself to any one denomination because i find there is truth in each one.

i admire how the catholics hold very firm to the word of God and see it as sacrid as do i but i have always had issues with the catholics as well. in the main catholic religion anything other than their religion is not a denomination but heresy.

they believe they hold the one true beliefs and religion

and they pray to mary.

this last one really bugs me what can mary do for me that God cannot? plus according to the catholics you cannot be saved unless you have water baptism which i disagree because i am living proof this not true. i was baptized by fire not water and my salvation comes from the blood of the lamb not water.

dont get me wrong the catholics are cool with me because i have found some very loving ones but also some very strict hateful ones too.

i dont even know all the denominations or their beliefs but i do know these differences have the body at each others throats so as to what denomination i belong to i dont even know if i belong to one at all because like i said i find truth in each of them.

so i decided long ago to not belong to a certain group and just be whoever God wants me to be. my beliefs are not set in stone because i am willing to drop them in order to be taught the truth but not by man i go directly to God.

teachers and preachers are great but the issue is how many of them i have seen preaching their different views and beliefs as if they are fact and they condridict each other even mocking each other for their beliefs and teachings. many say to go to the word for the truth but the fact is we now live in an age where the bible is simply not enough anymore.

take one passage of scripture with 100 bible scholars and you will get at least 40 different interpretations.

I do not claim to have the true beliefs because odds are some of my beliefs are wrong but the good thing is if i go directly to the best teacher there is who is God himself he can show me where i am wrong and show me the truth. but to know the truth you have to be like clay, you cannot be so firm in all ur beliefs or the molder cannot mold you. but who is willing to do this? ppl will die for their beliefs and radically hold true to them as truth even if they are wrong.

Some follow Apollo.

Some follow Paul.

Paul was very troubled by that, saying "did Paul die for you?  Did Apollo?"

That Church is NOT divided.

However, there were also FALSE Christians.  Gnostics.  Nicolaitans whom God has said that He hates their deeds (seen in Revelation).  Having denominations is a GOOD thing, because how else will you know their creed or theology?  I'd hate to step into a Kingdom Hall and receive their false teachings just cause I see "Church" at the entrance way.  So, denominations do have a good position.

Jesus said, "Let the tares grow WITH the wheat" ... and when the time is ripe, the reapers will be sent to gather then both, and the wheat will be put in teh Barnhouse for safe keeping, but the tares cast into the fire.

So, don't loose heart, and know who and what the Church is.  PsuedoChristians are NOT part of the fold.  The Church is NOT divided, regardless of the simple things that we may not agree on.  As long as the CORE ELEMENTS of Salvation and Sanctification remain, we are brethren.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I have to agree that many denominations emphasize one truth at the expense of others. But all true churches contain the basic truths of the Gospel. So I also have looked to God to teach me and let the rest slide off like teflon. 1 Thess. 5:21 But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good. I have compared all teachings with many scriptures. And in each I grew and was established in truth. In fact, in many God somehow aided me to ignore what was false, such as a church being the only true church (catholics are not the only ones who have said that). Or that only those who are immersed shall go to heaven, since that is the correct method. I think only those who are born again shall be part of the Bride of Christ. Jesus knows His own sheep, calls us by name and we follow Him. Perhaps OT men of faith will be in heaven as friends of the Bridegroom, as John the Baptist called himself. That is God's perrogative.

So I have been a member of many different denominations and each for over 10 years till God moved me. The church I now attend has no formal membership and does not call itself a denomination. But after walking closely with God for 40 years, in this church I found only one insignificant detail that God gave me other scriptures that contradicted the belief. It is one that I will ask the Lord about in heaven. It is a pleasant thing to feel so at one with this group and have sound bible teaching.

I am thankful that sometimes God uses an imbalanced teaching to straighten some of us who have leaned too far in the opposit direction, so as to bring us all into a perfect unity. God wants us to cling to Him rather than to a certain tradition. It is difficult for me to comprehend clinging to a tradition at the expense of God's word, such as the use of trumpets and cymbols in a church service. Such things have been known to divide a congregation! They are so trivial and have nothing to do with peoples hearts. It is more understandable when language seperates denominations that hold the same basic tenants.