• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/21/1945

I grew up with the idea of having fidelity to both God and country, but at this stage in my life and becoming aware of the decline of Christianity and with that the increase in reductionist tendencies in the United States, I am beginning to think that the phrase; "God and Country" will at some time in the future become inoperative. It will become a matter of "God or Country." Human nature abhors a vacuum just like nature abhors a vacuum and with the decline of our allegiance to God as an object of devotion, it would be replaced by something else. That is what happened in Nazi Germany; the German people were impoverished by their circumstances and instead of reaching up to god as a higher power, they became obsessed with "blood and soil." It would not happen in the same way here, but it could happen with some similar of form of demonic structuring.

I continue to pray for this country, but I am concerned that things are beginning to get out of control.

God bless all of you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

And it grieves me to watch.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings gamnot

Oh yes,I grew up with the same principles & ideals as you did,everything  has changed.........this generation does not even know.the
"Pledge of Allegiance" or the "Star Spangled Banner".............................it gets much worse,they don't know "The Lord's Prayer"......very sad

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

It was posted, "I continue to pray for this country, but I am concerned that things are beginning to get out of control."

Beginning? I mark the "out of control" with Rowe v Wade. What I think happened is that the satanic forces grabbed ahold of the civil rights movement to piggy-back on it. The Afro-americans were greatly oppressed in the USA and rightly given civil rights by around 1970, but other things were piggy-backed on, like women's rights to act like men. Men don't get pregnant, so there is no limit on what women may do to avoid pregnancy. Now we are seeing the latest piggy-back whereby our country is becoming another Sodom.

Now as to the country, the governments that be are ordained of God, even if run by a monster like Nero. Prayer is indeed called for. I suspect that Christians have been very negligent at prayer for our government. We are salt and light, but also strangers and pilgrims.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

While i agree with most of the sentiments expressed in this thread (they apply to my country and most others), I ask myself this...

We continually remark on the slide of morals, and worth in our countries, but what are any of us actually doing to help stem that slide, to change perceptions?

God raises great men and women to do His Will, yes. But there is nothing to stop us just sitting on the sidelines commenting on it, versus doing something about it.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  07/13/1959

Hello,
This is a very good subject to talk about.  I for one have been guilty of more complaining about our present administration and although I do pray for our country I have no faith in the presidents ability to lead America.  I pray for his salvation but I have no faith in his policies as I believe he is purposely destroying us in every way.  Literally setting us up to fail for those who have a global agenda.  Since we are in the very last days I don't believe America will survive this demonic onslaught as we can see in the news Christians are even being targeted globally.  The opposition seems to be growing faster than anyone could of imagined.  The devil is making his move against the church in what appears to be a heightened and relelentless attack.  What else can we do but seek the Lord, voting as He leads with much prayer and standing behind those men and women who are fighting for Christian values in our goverment on all levels.  Educating others when given opportunity.  Most importantly preaching the gospel so others may be saved adding to the church in America.  It helps also to know that the kingdom of God is eternal and America is not.  Heb. 11:9,10  God bless.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Yes,it is getting out of control.But then again the Bible tells us that it will.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/21/1945

There are a lot of earthquakes in diverse places, and the Bible mentioned that too.