• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

God is love, yes?  Of course!  And though we cannot hope to change into His perfection in a split-second, still we must strive to grow in Him.  Sometimes life is hard, truth is hard, and endurance is hard.  But God still loves us.  Sometimes love is the hardest thing to convey.  My question is, how well can we truly discern true love from what can easily be presented as love just because it seems like it's good for us? 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Matthew 11:29-30 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”    When we fully surrender that desire to find true love to God,we release the burden of trying to make true love happen ourselves.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

God is love, yes?  Of course!  And though we cannot hope to change into His perfection in a split-second, still we must strive to grow in Him.  Sometimes life is hard, truth is hard, and endurance is hard.  But God still loves us.  Sometimes love is the hardest thing to convey.  My question is, how well can we truly discern true love from what can easily be presented as love just because it seems like it's good for us? 

simple....   occasionally just do something really stupid......   that's when you will find true love......   or not.

simple....   occasionally just do something really stupid......   that's when you will find true love......   or not.

You must mean unconditional love.I have found that it is very rare on this earth.But God does love us unconditionally.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

I agree with bopeep1909.   True love has to be unconditional.  So pure that becomes habit.  You just do it, you know....don't let the right hand question the left hand, just do it.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Dear Sister

Are you referring to true love as in being in love with someone or falling in love with someone (as in a relationship between a man & a woman) or do you mean people loving people?I am not sure what you all are discussing..................lol,help?

With love(TRUE LOVE),in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  0

My question is, how well can we truly discern true love from what can easily be presented as love just because it seems like it's good for us? 

The gift of love only comes from God who is Love. The characteristics of this love is found in....

1 Corinthians 13:1-13 - Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels and have not charity (love) I am become as sounding brass or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge and though I have all faith so that I could move mountains and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. Charity suffereth long: and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly seeketh not her own is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil. Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things believeth all things, hopeth all things endureth all things. Charity never faileth; but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail whether there be tongues they shall cease; whether there be knowledge it shall vanish away. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child I understood as a child I thought as a child ut when I ecame a man I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass darkly but then face to face now I know in part but then shall I know even as also I am known. An now abideth faith hope, charity, these three but the greatest of these is charity.

This is an unconditional love that doesn't fail and that is freely given. This is how we are to convey love and it's also the way we can perceive or discern love in others towards us. blessings

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

I did mean true love in it's truest form, which is of God and God alone, and yet He uses us as instruments of that love to one another.  But sometimes when people say and do things apparently out of love I question their motives.  I find I also have to access mine sometimes.  And also, are we really capable of loving unconditionally?  I believe so, and I love what 1x1=1 shared: don't question it, just do it!  And yet, do we?

Blessings Dear Sister

Are you referring to true love as in being in love with someone or falling in love with someone (as in a relationship between a man & a woman) or do you mean people loving people?I am not sure what you all are discussing..................lol,help?

With love(TRUE LOVE),in Christ,Kwik

Blessing to you dear sister kwik :mgcheerful:  I definately think their are relationships among friends that can be defined as a unconditional love friendship.I have had many,many friends in my life.I do not have a best friend.People have been a disappointment along the way.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Sisters

Zion & my Peeps.....

People are very much a disappointment & they will always let you down from time to time,as I am sure we disappointment people in our lives too................life will be filled with disappointments but that is a very real part of living..........................the thing is ,when speaking of "true" or unconditional love.......can we love those that let us down ,through it?People tend to all have different views on love & what it is to them , & how they want to be loved.& how they think they should love....................although they may give their very best,they just might not be equipped to love you the way you want to be loved.This is where we all fall short but  in Christ ,we can do ALL things....as we become more &  more Christ like by becoming new creatures &  as we decrease then it is easy to love with the Heart of Christ

God is no respecter of persons,He loves us with perfect love.............The Holy Spirit even gives us the Power to love,with Agape love