IGNORED

True love

*Zion*

Sometimes the explanation of disappointment lies not in the failure of the one (or One) exhibiting love, but in the one on the receiving end of the love. People are often disappointed in God, but not because of any failure to love on His part.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

People say they want this and they want that.Sometimes we need to examine our prayers.Thank Him and Glorify Him instead of making Him a Genie.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

I don't know Kwik.  Sometimes people who seem to practise 'tough love' just look like they simply trying to teach people hard lessons because they deserve a hard time or somethig; blanketing it all with 'it's good for you...'  I see it more and more, so I question it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

God is love, yes?  Of course!  And though we cannot hope to change into His perfection in a split-second, still we must strive to grow in Him.  Sometimes life is hard, truth is hard, and endurance is hard.  But God still loves us.  Sometimes love is the hardest thing to convey.  My question is, how well can we truly discern true love from what can easily be presented as love just because it seems like it's good for us? 

The love you speak of is rare in this world and has been since creation but not non existent. this type of love is not easily obtained because it goes against everything in human nature so a love that can only be found in the heart of God can only exist in those who actively seek it. i mean to hunger for it chase after it and desire more than you have ever sought after anything in your life.

its not an easy path its filled with all sorts of trials and having to face every darkness inside of you and constantly fighting your human nature and giving up your own needs and desires but boy let me tell you the rewards are more than worth it. occasionally God will fill me with this love i am after probably to keep me chasing it. the richness of this love is so great it changes you in an instant.

it literally makes you just like him you see ppl as he does and care for them as he does and feels like the love is flowing out of you non stop and you feel your heart become so tender.

one time he filled me so much my physical body was not able to take it, it was then i discovered how great and deep his love is and the part that was merely just a taste of it probably not even .5%

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

If you've never been deeply hurt in this world you have never opened yourself up to total love....    People are people and make mistakes, and those mistakes hurt the worst when they come from the people we love the most and open ourself up to them...

In the process of learning that, it becomes much easier to pay close attention to the things you do that will hurt others...

You have to care and love others or you will never be able to open up and really get true love in return.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  0

I did mean true love in it's truest form, which is of God and God alone, and yet He uses us as instruments of that love to one another.  But sometimes when people say and do things apparently out of love I question their motives.  I find I also have to access mine sometimes.  And also, are we really capable of loving unconditionally?  I believe so, and I love what 1x1=1 shared: don't question it, just do it!  And yet, do we?

Sometimes we genuinely do not know the motives of others and questions do arise within us. Trust is something that is hard especially if you've ever been betrayed and I think it comes over time in knowing the people we are around and in contact with in our lives. And sometimes we have to test the spirits to see if they are of God or not because we simply don't know. Sometimes we should listen to our gutt feelings when we don't feel peace about someone. Discernment is something that comes over time and by experience as we grow older in the Lord. We can't comprehend the depth, height, breath or length of God's love for it passes our understanding and is past finding out it's beyond our comprehension and yet we have to put our trust in it. Sometimes we get a false guilt and it makes us feel undeserving of unconditional love from God and others. The devil likes to condemn and accuse the brethren even when we have done nothing wrong and we have to go through trials and temptations as our faith is being tested. I definately can relate to what you are saying.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I no longer question the love of others. I know they are imperfect. The question is how much do I love and forgive them after being deeply hurt and betrayed by them. Am I still loyal to them? Do I continue to value them as a friend? Have i been able to move beyond the pain?

Some of those experiences help me to identify with the sufferings of Christ. In doing so I also identify with Him and am brought close to Him. God has used this to forge my relationship with both Christ and those who have offended me when I forgave, so that they are stronger than ever.. Sometimes their correction is from God. It is gentle and done in genuine concern that brings restoration.

Remember that satan is the accuser of the brethern. Accusation is not loving correction. Some people have like or brotherly love. That is more fickle and their reproof can be tainted by their own sin. One such person broke all relationship with me afterward, which was sadder than the offence, which amounted to "telling me off". And some people were never friends but were self appointed messengers from God, who instead served the father of lies. Their "correction" brought heaviness of oppression until I realized it was a lying accusation. Some people I recognize are more religious and putting on a pious front, not being open and honost. I don't trust them. And some I waited till I could show them support and kindness after they purposely insulted me.

So the question is instead, how do i respond to the correction of others, or the insults and injuries? Do I allow God to use them for good in my life? Do I allow God to turn them into a blessing? It sure isn't easy to go through.