tsth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Is this command adhered to in the body of Christ today? How have you received this teaching in your life?

2 Corinthians 6:11 O Corinthians! We have spoken openly to you, our heart is wide open. 12 You are not restricted by us, but you are restricted by your own affections. 13 Now in return for the same (I speak as to children), you also be open. 14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? 15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you* are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will dwell in them And walk among them. I will be their God, And they shall be My people."+ 17 Therefore "Come out from among them And be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, And I will receive you."* 18 "I will be a Father to you, And you shall be My sons and daughters, Says the Lord Almighty."*

Epheisians 5

1 Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. 2 And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.

3 But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints; 4 neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. 5 For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. 6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. 7 Therefore do not be partakers with them. 8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light 9 (for the fruit of the Spirit* is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth), 10 finding out what is acceptable to the Lord. 11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret. 13 But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light. 14 Therefore He says: "Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light." 15 See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, 16 redeeming the time, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is. 18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord, 20 giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,

21 submitting to one another in the fear of God.

In His Truth,

Suzanne

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Thank you, Suzanne, I've lost count of the number of times I have quoted the same passages in different threads, But nobody has ever responded. There is a very important message therein, especially in the OSAS threads and those that come to the defence of homosexuality.

You preach it sister.

blessings,

eric.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

And He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? (Matt 16:13)

Each one of us must answer to Him this same question. Who is Jesus to me?

The way we live our life will be the answer to this question. Is he reflected through me in my actions and in my words?

I believe Peter was a changed man after his denial episode with Jesus. I believe the new man Peter wrote the epistles 1st and 2nd Peter in the New Testament. There seems to be a strong conviction in him as to who Jesus is, and it seems to me he wants to share that personal knowledge with all who will believe.

The Holy Spirit wants to manifest Himself in each one of us. He must increase daily in our own personal life, but we must decrease, (humble ourself, esteem others better than ourself).

To answer your question; if I do what I know to do, (keep His commands), and others do that too, then together we truly will be His body here on earth.

Jesus said, and why call ye Me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? (Luke 6:46).

Edited by johnnyc

• Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

I wonder why no one replied. Perhaps, like me, they are such a part of my daily life I cannot imagine life otherwise. It's like giving directions on 'how to eat peanuts'!

But it still does not invalidate the Scriptures. What do we do with them, as Christians? Just try to pretend that they do not exist, or do we examine them/the Word, and what it means for us?

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

Sister,

God Bless you. This has a little to do with a study I am being led in myself. About being a Pillar in the Temple. An overcomer.

What does that mean to overcome?

Re

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you all,

Quick reply. I left off in 1st Peter 2 above. Peter speaks about being a Spiritual House of Living Stones.

Take a look at the new Jerusalem. There are precious stones that make up it's foundations and walls. I do not see any stones made of flint. They will not be there. How are we living stones? How are we precious?

The Righteousness of Christ. The fulfillment of the Law. Living stones/precious that make up the House. Offering Spiritual Sacrifices pleasing to God. Through Christ Jesus!

There will be no stones not precious making sacrifices to God. The whole of the House is built upon the corner stone. To those who abide on He? He has come to be a strong foundation for the whole of the House. To those who reject Him? He has come to be a Rock of stumbling and offense. One too heavy to be cast away.

Therefore be a Pillar like Jachin and Boaz;

He shall establish, it in strength!

Peace,

Dave

Dear Brother Dave,

Yes, in part you are talking about the same as me. I think I'm just getting down to the nitty gritty though, that the body DOES NOT WANT TO ACKNOWLEDGE, because they think that in so doing, they will be called evil (see your post above.....1 Peter 2:12) I really believe that the body of Christ today, has a hard time in dealing with breaking fellowships, and how and when to do so, because it is so neglected within the church teachings of today, which by the way, are negligent in the so-called new doctrines of anything goes. As the body, we must acknowledge that this IS A PART OF THE COMMANDS WITHIN THE WORD OF GOD. It is not something to consider as evil, when we are commanded at times to break fellowships. We just don't like discomfort and conflict anymore, and we go to many extremes to avoid it, such as neglecting that particular portion of the Word. We need to be able to examine ourselves as a body and see what we have done in overlooking this teaching.

I appreciate your post above, especially where the Word was posted from 1 Peter on. I'm not quite sure I'm seeing the example in Boaz or Jachin though? Did they represent any breaking of fellowships? I am just really wanting to focus on this aspect, as it is so avoided, and with the new COC commercial that is running, I believe people are going to become more confused as the days roll on. Even God says there will come a time when distinctions will be clear AGAIN, since they are not in today's society. We have become confused as far as what is good and what is evil.

Mal 3:13 "Your words have been harsh against Me," Says the Lord, "Yet you say, 'What have we spoken against You?' 14 You have said, 'It is useless to serve God; What profit is it that we have kept His ordinance, And that we have walked as mourners Before the Lord of hosts? 15 So now we call the proud blessed, For those who do wickedness are raised up; They even tempt God and go free.' " 16 Then those who feared the Lord spoke to one another, And the Lord listened and heard them; So a book of remembrance was written before Him For those who fear the Lord And who meditate on His name. 17 "They shall be Mine," says the Lord of hosts, "On the day that I make them My jewels. And I will spare them As a man spares his own son who serves him." 18 Then you shall again discern Between the righteous and the wicked, Between one who serves God And one who does not serve Him.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Topic Count:  331
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

I dont' know if this fits...it does for me...but others may not see it.

I broke "fellowship" with the first church I atteneded....in doing so I also broke "fellowship" with old friends and new friends that I made there. It was hard....sooooo hard. But now heres the tricky part....sometimes I think God allows us to live the "lie" in order to see the truth better when the Holy Spirit steers you in the right direction. Did that make sense? So when I feel led to tell someone that a certain belief they are holding does not line up with the word of God...I walk a very fine line...I inform them as best as I can with Gods help, and let them know that I am there for them anytime they want to talk, then I pray that the Holy Spirit lead them in the right direction. Because unless their hearts are hardened they may be exactely where God wants them to be at that paticular time.

I think I just confused myself... :emot-highfive: I hope I explained that right..

Love and Blessings,

Angel

Would you care to say "why" you broke fellowship? Biblically, why and did you state your standing when you did?

There is something about rebellion that we as the church do not want to acknowledge, and I'd be curious to hear if any have encountered this, and what they did.

In His Love,

Suzanne