IGNORED

What did Christ sacrifice if he is with God in Heaven?

jerryR34

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

For man to have eternal life, it required an eternal sacrifice. Jesus Christ's blood that he himself brought before the Father within the veil of Heaven in which he sprinkled upon the mercy seat of God will never dry up, and it always speak better things than that of abel. This man "Jesus Christ" after he had made one sacrifice for sins FOREVER sat down on the right hand of God. (Heb 10:12) Jesus was crucified through the eternal Spirit. So, even though he was crucified once, that sacrifice is eternal. Jesus will always have the nail prints in his hands, feet, and side as a reminder of his love toward us for ever!!!

Isa 49:15 "Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you.

Isa 49:16 Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me.

The Christ is the one and only Eternal God who is Holy Spirit and when the Holy Spirit clothed himself with the garments of his servants as the Emmanuel, then his own blood became the eternal atonement for sins, once and for all. The word perpetual sin offering that covers sins.

So who bleed on the cross at Calvary?

The Eternal Holy Spirit bleed for all of his creation.

Acts 20:28

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

The Holy Spirit that wore the cloth as the man Jesus of Nazareth bleed for all of humanity.

The Holy Spirit took on the form of a man and that is why Jesus said unless I go, then He who is the Holy Spirit that was clothed as the man Jesus of Nazareth could not come. It necessitated Christ's absence as far as his post resurrection form was concerned, in order for that same Holy Spirit to come on Pentecost and not be restrained to one being in the time and space continuum, but be omnipresent in the hearts of all believers.

Edited by Defending the Name

• Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Again, thanks for all the responses. I've tried a few of the above responses on my atheist friends, but usually get the same kind of response... "So, God sacrificed Himself to Himself because he created us imperfect and is punishing Himself because we are imperfect...but he didn't really sacrifice anything because His Son (Himself) is still with Him..." I guess you need to believe in the first place to make the story plausible. Again, I appreciate all of your efforts,

Your problem is that you are not understanding what the word "God/god" means.

Jesus didn't raise himself from the dead..... Jesus and the Father are two separate beings. We have to have access to both to have access to either so we consider them as one God. Holy Spirit is the third in the trio, and without any one of the three you can't have access to any of them so they are a trinity that is our God.

No offense meant whatsoever, but my atheist friends would laugh me out of the conversation with that answer. How can a father and son both exist eternally, not to mention the holy spirit? If they are all all omnipotent and omnipresent why must you speak to any particular one? Seems we are making God in our image.

Because Jesus wasn't the son until he was born into human flesh. He and the Father existed together until that time...... Jesus gave up being in the form of god when he was born. He is man, but not just man for unlike us his spirit existed before he was born. And because he was sinless he had direct moment by moment access directly with the Father. We can only do that through the Holy Spirit today while still in these fleshly bodies. When Jesus died he died physically just like you and I would..... and like you and I his spirit went elsewhere. The Bible says he preached to the fallen angels during the time he was in the grave so he went to the place where the ultimate evil is locked up... why.... because he took on the whole sin weight of the world.

The Father raised him from the dead and put him in charge of everything.... still the interface for us to the other two is the Holy Spirit.

I can't tell you why, it's just the way it is. I also can't explain how the relationship with the Godhead happens, and I don't think anyone can. It's something that you have to experience. If you've never had one, you couldn't possibly understand and if you have you don't have to ask. it's beyond me to put it into words.

Jesus was always the Son from the moment he entered his own creation as the Angel of Yahweh's presence.

Daniel 7:13

"In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence.

The clouds of heaven represent the angelic hosts of heaven that he dwells with. Hebrews versus below declares the Son of Man to be the leading angel, as he is designated Devine authority amongst the hosts of heaven,who were told to worship him. These versus are clearly pre-incarnation versus before the Christ was incarnated into the world as Jesus of Nazareth. It is clear that this Holy Angel stands out amongst the created angelic hosts because he is worshipped and he is also designated to have complete authority and is called the Almighty God himself. This Almighty Angel is clothed with the garments of the angelic hosts of heaven that he created.

Hebrews 1:5-8

For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him. And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire. But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

This Holy Angel stood out amongst his created hosts of heaven and is designated the name Morning Star and in the Isaiah versus below it declares that Lucifer is created by the Morning Star, which further emphasises that this Angel is God the Holy Spirit taking on the form of an angel to be amongst his white cloud (angelic hosts).

Isaiah 14:12

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

So the Son of Man was designated to the Christ before be even entered the earthly realm. Jesus in John's verse below clearly indicates that he came and originated from above and that he is the very Holy Angel who entered Abraham's tent, then dined with him and made an oath by himself because there was no one besides him to make the oath, for he is the ultimate authority and supreme commander of all the hosts of heaven (Michael the morning star).

John 8:23

23But he continued, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. 24I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins.”

Edited by Defending the Name

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,194
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Jerry,

I don`t know if any one has answered this but here are my thoughts, - It is wonderful that you would endure torture & even die for your girls. However would you be tortured & die for your enemies? Would you endure it if you could call on 12 legions of angels?

I think that is where the `rubber hits the road` as it were. We would suffer for our loved ones but not that person killing & torturing our loved ones.

Jesus did.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,134
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Jerry

I was looking back on some of these posts & your sincere replies,,,,,I just want you to know ,no mater what your label(for now)that I truly believe you are seeking,if that is any consolation? But I do Jerry & right now you are the most important person here because you are seeking God & you need Gods Grace to be Saved,through Jesus & have not yet arrived at the foot of the cross.Please Jerry,no matter what anyone says to you do not let it discourage you from posting & asking questions.

Christ in me loves you Jerry,He is in many of us here & just waiting to embrace you.....It is between you & Him,nobodys opinions matter,only He knows your heart...................stick with it Jerry,those of us that love you are happy to be here for you     God Bless you!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

I love Marylin's thoughts she shared,,,,,,,good stuff,huh Jerry!!!! That's our Jesus!

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Content Count:  56,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Again, thanks for all the responses. I've tried a few of the above responses on my atheist friends, but usually get the same kind of response... "So, God sacrificed Himself to Himself because he created us imperfect and is punishing Himself because we are imperfect...but he didn't really sacrifice anything because His Son (Himself) is still with Him..." I guess you need to believe in the first place to make the story plausible. Again, I appreciate all of your efforts,

Your problem is that you are not understanding what the word "God/god" means.

Jesus didn't raise himself from the dead..... Jesus and the Father are two separate beings. We have to have access to both to have access to either so we consider them as one God. Holy Spirit is the third in the trio, and without any one of the three you can't have access to any of them so they are a trinity that is our God.

No offense meant whatsoever, but my atheist friends would laugh me out of the conversation with that answer. How can a father and son both exist eternally, not to mention the holy spirit? If they are all all omnipotent and omnipresent why must you speak to any particular one? Seems we are making God in our image.

Because Jesus wasn't the son until he was born into human flesh. He and the Father existed together until that time...... Jesus gave up being in the form of god when he was born. He is man, but not just man for unlike us his spirit existed before he was born. And because he was sinless he had direct moment by moment access directly with the Father. We can only do that through the Holy Spirit today while still in these fleshly bodies. When Jesus died he died physically just like you and I would..... and like you and I his spirit went elsewhere. The Bible says he preached to the fallen angels during the time he was in the grave so he went to the place where the ultimate evil is locked up... why.... because he took on the whole sin weight of the world.

The Father raised him from the dead and put him in charge of everything.... still the interface for us to the other two is the Holy Spirit.

I can't tell you why, it's just the way it is. I also can't explain how the relationship with the Godhead happens, and I don't think anyone can. It's something that you have to experience. If you've never had one, you couldn't possibly understand and if you have you don't have to ask. it's beyond me to put it into words.

Jesus was always the Son from the moment he entered his own creation as the Angel of Yahweh's presence.

Daniel 7:13

"In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence.

The clouds of heaven represent the angelic hosts of heaven that he dwells with. Hebrews versus below declares the Son of Man to be the leading angel, as he is designated Devine authority amongst the hosts of heaven,who were told to worship him. These versus are clearly pre-incarnation versus before the Christ was incarnated into the world as Jesus of Nazareth. It is clear that this Holy Angel stands out amongst the created angelic hosts because he is worshipped and he is also designated to have complete authority and is called the Almighty God himself. This Almighty Angel is clothed with the garments of the angelic hosts of heaven that he created.

Hebrews 1:5-8

For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him. And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire. But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

This Holy Angel stood out amongst his created hosts of heaven and is designated the name Morning Star and in the Isaiah versus below it declares that Lucifer is created by the Morning Star, which further emphasises that this Angel is God the Holy Spirit taking on the form of an angel to be amongst his white cloud (angelic hosts).

Isaiah 14:12

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

So the Son of Man was designated to the Christ before be even entered the earthly realm. Jesus in John's verse below clearly indicates that he came and originated from above and that he is the very Holy Angel who entered Abraham's tent, then dined with him and made an oath by himself because there was no one besides him to make the oath, for he is the ultimate authority and supreme commander of all the hosts of heaven (Michael the morning star).

John 8:23

23But he continued, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. 24I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins.”

no comment

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I don't think Jesus sacrificed anything. He had no choice in the matter. God offered Jesus as a human sacrifice, as the sacrificial lamb. It was not Jesus's decision.

Matthew 26:1-2

1 When Jesus had finished saying all these things, he said to his disciples,

2 "As you know, the Passover is two days away--and the Son of Man will be handed over to be crucified

Jesus even protested his approaching demise.

Matthew 26:39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

And when the moment happened and he was made the sacrificial lamb he protested even louder.

Matthew 27:46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?").

I am Harikrish a Vedantist raised in the Vedantic tradition. I was born a Hindu. I am here to learn and share what is revealed to me by reading the word of God as found in the Bible.

But we know what Jesus got in return for being the sacrificial lamb.

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

What was he before God offered him as human sacrifice for the sins of all, so those who believed that will be forgiven. Jesus was made lower than the angels.

Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7

Is the fact He lowered himself for a brief moment in His eternal existence to face the challenges we face on a daily basis worthy of being called a sacrifice? We face these daily, and if we succumb to the fact we are not pertect, and question it, we potentially face eternal punishment for a finite existence...Did Jesus really sacrifice anything?  I take umberage at being called a nonbeliever here...

"What did Christ sacrifice if he is with God in Heaven?"

Jesus Sacrificed his Son: the Man Christ Jesus.

John 15:12-13King James Version (KJV)

12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

1 John 3:16King James Version (KJV)

16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  11

Is the fact He lowered himself for a brief moment in His eternal existence to face the challenges we face on a daily basis worthy of being called a sacrifice? We face these daily, and if we succumb to the fact we are not pertect, and question it, we potentially face eternal punishment for a finite existence...Did Jesus really sacrifice anything?  I take umberage at being called a nonbeliever here...

"What did Christ sacrifice if he is with God in Heaven?"

Jesus Sacrificed his Son: the Man Christ Jesus.

John 15:12-13King James Version (KJV)

12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

1 John 3:16King James Version (KJV)

16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

Did you know that Jesus spoke in parables so that he could not be understood?

Jesus spoke in parables. He said it was so the people would not understand him. He was so incoherent that even his disciples failed to understand him. He had to speak to them privately to explain the meaning in his parables. But even here he used more parables in his explanation.

Matthew13:13 This is why I speak to them in parables: "Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

Mark 4:34 He did not say anything to them without using a parable. But when he was alone with his own disciples, he explained everything.

But when the Jews finally caught on to what Jesus was claiming that he was the Christ and this claim was not wrapped in some parable. They asked that he be out to death for blasphemy in accordance with Deuteronomy.

Deuteronomy 18: 20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death."

• Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

What did Christ sacrifice?

He sacrificed all that the world had to offer. (Matthew 4:1-11, Luke 4:1-13)

What is meant by Christ being the sacrifice?

He was the lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world. The perfect sacrifice to cover over our sins. Animals cannot do this. They were just a shadow of things to come. Christ was the ultimate sacrifice, meaning, he would take the place of animals (lambs and goats), to be the atonement for all sins. No more would the blood sacrifice for sin be required. 

His reward for doing the will of the father (Matt 26:39) was he was given all authority over the whole earth. He was made King.

As far as kingship goes, the only rightful king is an heir. Christ was an heir of King David as well he was direct "seed" of God (Luke 1:35).

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,134
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everone

I don't think Jesus sacrificed anything. He had no choice in the matter. God offered Jesus as a human sacrifice, as the sacrificial lamb. It was not Jesus's decision.                                   posted by Harikrish

To my surprise,no one has commented on this statement,,,,well,perhaps "not yet"

Jesus sacrificed everything.....He is EVERYTHING,,,,He is the Alpha & the Omega,,,,,

Jesus is the 2nd Person in the GodHead Truine,,,,which means He IS God,so it was indeed His decision to leave all His Majesty to come here in the flesh & take on the sins of the entire world in that,His own sinless Body!

You say you came here to learn & share what is revealed to you by reading the Word of God.....nothing is revealed to you except by the Power of the Holy Spirit,the 3rd Person of the GodHead Triune........please,go back to the Gospel according to John & pray that you receive revelation of Gods Timeless Truth & WHO it is that you so non-chalantley speak of as having sacrificed nothing!!!!!

Your words show me that you are blinded by the god of this world just as you seem to know of those that Jesus spoke of by speaking in parables,,,,,see any relation?

With love-in Christ,Kwik