LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

I have been here for about a year and been reading and posting on here to almost everything.It is wonderful to have a place were follow Christians and even non- Christians can gather to talk about things. I do hope that what I am going to say is not taken negatively. But as you know we all come from different backgrounds and our believes are personal to us based on how we were raised and taught and our own personal relationship with Christ. This is all fine and well. But most of the time in the forms what I am seeing is people who are more interesting in telling others what is right and what is wrong and then demanding that everyone follow their believe because that is just the way it is to be. Instead of it being a place of learning from one another. It turns into a place where people are beat over the head with the Bible until they admit that they are wrong and I am right. I can see that I am most likely guilty of this myself from time to time.  So maybe all of us especially myself, need to keep this in mind and try to make this a place were we can learn from one another.  Any thoughts?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I have been here for about a year and been reading and posting on here to almost everything.It is wonderful to have a place were follow Christians and even non- Christians can gather to talk about things. I do hope that what I am going to say is not taken negatively. But as you know we all come from different backgrounds and our believes are personal to us based on how we were raised and taught and our own personal relationship with Christ. This is all fine and well. But most of the time in the forms what I am seeing is people who are more interesting in telling others what is right and what is wrong and then demanding that everyone follow their believe because that is just the way it is to be. Instead of it being a place of learning from one another. It turns into a place where people are beat over the head with the Bible until they admit that they are wrong and I am right. I can see that I am most likely guilty of this myself from time to time.  So maybe all of us especially myself, need to keep this in mind and try to make this a place were we can learn from one another.  Any thoughts?

I am confused.First of all do you mean forums instead of forms?This is a Christian Messageboard.We all are going to have a different opinion about many Christian topics."Beating over the head with the Bible?".I don't know what you mean by that.The Bible and scripture are the most important part of our faith.If someone is totally out of line or offends me then I tell them so.That can be done in an appropriate way.You do not have to read the threads that offend you.Then you have the person who wants to get the last word in.Their opinion is the only right opinion.That is pride.The world is full of it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

well thats because my opinion is the only one thats correct-didnt you know that?

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

well thats because my opinion is the only one thats correct-didnt you know that?

:mgdetective::noidea::bored-1:

No,but you are sure of that  :grin:

10040b8faefa09f059c3d803874bfea7.jpg

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

This discussion forum is a lot more easy going than most sites.  We do not allow insulting or personal attacks, and if you happen to come across a post that does harbor such, report it so we can deal with it.  Keep in mind that iron sharpens iron, and sometimes, sparks will fly.  Any online forum will have heated discussions, just like in real life.  This does build character and can be a lesson in life when dealing with the world.

Just as in real life, you will find people who are arrogant and prideful, some with unteachable spirits, and some who just like to disagree for argument sake.  Yet, correcting people with scripture is scriptural, though the manner some do so could use polishing.

2 Timothy 3:16-17

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Colossians 4:6

Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

I am confused.First of all do you mean forums instead of forms?This is a Christian Messageboard.We all are going to have a different opinion about many Christian topics."Beating over the head with the Bible?".I don't know what you mean by that.The Bible and scripture are the most important part of our faith.If someone is totally out of line or offends me then I tell them so.That can be done in an appropriate way.You do not have to read the threads that offend you.Then you have the person who wants to get the last word in.Their opinion is the only right opinion.That is pride.The world is full of it.

Just for the record I have not been offended by anyone here. If you do not see things the way I see things then that is how it is. I think my point has been missed. Different opinions are fine. I am by no means telling people to not share their opinions. But if someone says for example "Wearing the color pink is a sin"  the way I see it, that person is not trying to gain knowledge. They are trying to force others to see how right they are. This was by no means an attack on anyone. I just thought that we could better ourselves by taking a look at what we are saying to people, and what is our motive for us saying it. As I have said, I too am guilty of trying to force my believes upon others instead of learning from them I will be working on that.

And yes I see I forgot the letter "U" in Forum. I blame the keyboard.

Just for the record I have not been offended by anyone here. If you do not see things the way I see things then that is how it is. I think my point has been missed. Different opinions are fine. I am by no means telling people to not share their opinions. But if someone says for example "Wearing the color pink is a sin"  the way I see it, that person is not trying to gain knowledge. They are trying to force others to see how right they are. This was by no means an attack on anyone. I just thought that we could better ourselves by taking a look at what we are saying to people, and what is our motive for us saying it. As I have said, I too am guilty of trying to force my believes upon others instead of learning from them I will be working on that.

And yes I see I forgot the letter "U" in Forum. I blame the keyboard.

If someone were to tell me that wearing pink is a sin I would try and defend that in a Godly way.If you do not let your defense come out it will stay inside and make you angry.I would not let the argument go on and on.Sometimes people just like to argue for some unknown reason. Bad keyboard  :grin:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Quoting extremely long posts is a sin-genesis 51:2.

All humor and smart Alec comments aside I think one light hit the nail on the head. Iron sharpens iron and a good forum has all types, it would be boring If everyone debated the same way.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

I know what you mean LadyKay, it often get's to me too. We would think that us as Christians all believing in the same God would all be like minded and would agree on everything about the Bible. We will one day, when we are all reunited in heaven and made new, striped of all human defaults such as pride etc. It's kind of the same thing with everything else in life, say we put a group of people together who love milk chocolate. They will all have a different way to describe how milk chocolate affects their taste buds, and many different preferences on the way they like to eat milk chocolate. But in the end they still all love milk chocolate because chocolate is chocolate :noidea: