LadyKay

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

I am the Way, the truth, THE TRUTH, is what Jesus said about himself.  the understanding we can be divided and still all be right is the problem; truth does not come from different interpretations, there has to be ONE Way, One truth, and one Life, not many ways lead into the Father, No man cometh unto the Father But By ONE way. Not many truths will lead us to that path But ONE truth. Jesus Himself, Made Christianity Based On the Christian faith is right and the rest is wrong, Jesus Said if you love me Keep my commandments/ follow my teachings, how can one follow the teachings of Christ, if 41,000 disagree on what that teaching is?  What kind of legal system would we have In the united states if we had 41,000 different interpretations of the Speed Limit, or 41,000 different definitions on what murder is?  Is God going to open the Baptist book when all are judged or the Pentecostal books or so on and so on.   we are all of the Same Spirit. we are all workmanship of Christ, So the Spirit tells 41,000 different groups what truth is, But that truth divides the groups? There are some that teach faith By grace, others teach faith plus works, scriptures says that even if an angel comes with another gospel, let them be accursed, which is not another gospel(for there is only One gospel(ONE WAY)) so two interpretations of the Gospel ; faith Plus works. or faith alone by Grace through faith, and not that of ourselves! Both can't be right so which one is taught in the 41,000  denominations? BOTH!!!! I mean forget if we are lead by the Spirit to speak in tongues or not, or if God will call a woman to pastor, or if we can drink wine or not. But If scriptures says there is only one gospel, will the Spirit of God teach two interpretations of that gospel? so now as with a non believer, are we to respect them enough to let them believe what they will, or we to love them enough not to let them play in the road  to destruction, and show them the way to life everlasting. so if we have to agree to disagree on the plan of salvation( to keep peace among the brethren and our Christian forums), that Christ paid it all or that He left just a little for us to pay through works.  shouldn't we at least agree which interpretation of the Gospel the Church is to preach? and if there is One Gospel shouldn't we be concerned for those that have a false interpretation of that Gospel? No I believe I have the Only way to the Father, I with all my heart believe that I must defend that belief with all my heart. now when we can come to agreement on which interpretation of the Gospel the Church should preach then maybe we can work on some of the other little divisions of the Body of Christ/The Church!

Eph 4:1-5
4 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
KJV

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

shouldn't we at least agree which interpretation of the Gospel the Church is to preach? and if there is One Gospel shouldn't we be concerned for those that have a false interpretation of that Gospel?

How is what you ask any different than what others have asked, which is the reason why there are so many denominations? I understand what you are saying, and I do agree with there being only one truth. Keep in mind that everyone is still growing in Him, learning right from wrong every day, so no matter if we all sit in one denomination, there will be as may questions and ideas of what scripture is saying as there are people. The only way to avoid this is if everyone thought exactly the same, and since we don't, we have to accept that others will have different opinions as they continue their walk in Him.

The only way to avoid this is if everyone thought exactly the same, and since we don't, we have to accept that others will have different opinions as they continue their walk in Him.

to accept that others will have different opinions on how we are saved is to accept that some will be deceived and will burn. Ok not all will be saved, but that doesn't mean we should be ok with it as to just sit back and do nothing. we are to preach the Gospel, if the Church can't agree on what the Gospel is, then what do we preach? scripture doesn't say to accept different gospels but let them that bring another gospel to be accursed, there is a whole denomination that preaches without water baptism, one can not be saved, there is another that preaches 7 sacraments is what saves us. so we tolerate other gospels within the Church. Salvation is not something that comes with spiritual maturity. it doesn't come with greater knowledge. Which Gospel that was to be preached was supposed to been settled in the 1500's with the Protestant Reformation. To believe that works plus faith should put those Churches back under Catholicism. But to believe that salvation comes through faith alone with divine Grace is considered to be a heretic by the Catholic Church. each side believe that they were right and the other side was wrong, and was even willing to die for their faith. But today we are taught not only to embrace the other side but to allow their teachings in the Church to deceive many. some of the saddest scriptures to me are the ones that tell about those that thought their works should be what gets them into heaven, But Jesus look at the great works we have done in your name. to preach against false teachings, makes me judgmental or tags me as "I am right and anything else is wrong" or if it even tags me as a heretic in 40,999 churches, then let it be: as long as I don't have the blood of some of those that are deceived on my hands when I get there, I can live with whatever you want to tag me. people say we must accept other doctrines within the Christian Churches, for all of us will have to get along with each other in Heaven one day! WILL WE???

Eph 2:8-9

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

KJV

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

@ HisDisciple.. I think Onelight means we have to accept that others will have different opinions as they continue "their walk in Him". Meaning some are still growing and learning and have different opinions on how they understand the Word, because let's face it that the Word takes quite a bit of studying to understand it correctly. Although just about everyone of us "don't" have different opinions on how we get saved, I think as Christians we all agree on how we become saved because it's our base foundation. But yes every now and then we'll have someone who gets the saving part wrong, and those are the ones who we need to make sure are corrected, such as the examples you mentioned: "denomination that preaches without water baptism one can not be saved, there is another that preaches 7 sacraments is what saves us"..

oh, I fully understand that some mature faster than others, and some may not ever grow much in Christ, But I am Addressing the OP, I would rather beat someone over the head with A bible Than to let them Burn. Now I wouldn't really beat someone with the Bible. However there has to be truth concerning all spiritual things, say as drinking wine, the Bishops can't have any wine, while a deacon can have a little wine, now if we preach as some do, that this is not fermented wine, then ok. but that means that a bishop can't ever drink grape juice!!! And the problem comes when you point this out and They still won't go with the truth, because what they have been taught, and with most we make scripture fit our denominational doctrines instead of making our denominational doctrines fit true Biblical doctrine. and Unity among the brethren is not to agree to disagree, we have to have truth, something has to be the right way or right thing. Now I don't have all the answers God is not done with me yet either. But we should be able to defend our faith from scriptures.   

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

oh, I fully understand that some mature faster than others, and some may not ever grow much in Christ, But I am Addressing the OP, I would rather beat someone over the head with A bible Than to let them Burn. Now I wouldn't really beat someone with the Bible. However there has to be truth concerning all spiritual things, say as drinking wine, the Bishops can't have any wine, while a deacon can have a little wine, now if we preach as some do, that this is not fermented wine, then ok. but that means that a bishop can't ever drink grape juice!!! And the problem comes when you point this out and They still won't go with the truth, because what they have been taught, and with most we make scripture fit our denominational doctrines instead of making our denominational doctrines fit true Biblical doctrine. and Unity among the brethren is not to agree to disagree, we have to have truth, something has to be the right way or right thing. Now I don't have all the answers God is not done with me yet either. But we should be able to defend our faith from scriptures.   

Did it ever cross your mind that you yourself might be wrong....

. see that is what our feeble minds bring it down to, it is not about me. Oh I was raised under a denomination, and just heard their doctrine preached, never confirming with the Word what was being preached, then I answered the call to preach and sought wisdom as hid treasure. But the Holy Spirit teaches us of all things, and if I see or understand something wrongly, from the Word. then the Word corrects, the Spirit corrects. And I am not saying that the problem lays with the Sheep, the problem is with the leaders that determine what is Church doctrine. we are born of the Spirit, and the Spirit of God is Not leading nor teaching contrary doctrine within the Church. when the Bible clearly says Not that of ourselves, not of works least we should boast. then it is not about me being right or wrong but if what the Bible says is right or wrong. and to tolerate 41, 000 different beliefs is to fall back under the problem that has always been with the people of God: everyone does what is right in their own eyes, and as far as me being wrong, I ask people that I see doing something contrary to scripture to how me from scripture, why they believe that they are right and most will respond "well I am being lead by the Spirit of God and He being God can do what He wants. WRONG the Holy Spirit being God will never contradict the Word of God, the Holy Spirit being God will never teach some faith plus works and to other teach faith through divine Grace!!!!! and neither should The Church preach gospels contrary to one another in the Church.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

You could have saved a lot of typing and me reading by just saying. No

I am saved by grace through faith!!!!!! If I am wrong then I have a false faith/hope in my salvation, just as the saying goes if you are living like there is no God than you had better be right! If I believe that Christ paid it all, and I work because I am saved not to get saved, then I had better be right! I can not doubt my faith in my salvation. this is my point to the accusation that "I am right and you are wrong" This is a Christian thing to believe. We believe Christ is the only way, all else has to be the wrong way. I am right and you are wrong is not a bad way of thinking as this forum and people in this forum would have it. It is a way that is required for our faith! Now atheist believe they are right. as well as people who preach that we have to have water baptism believes they are right. that is why as with salvation all other spiritual issues should be hashed/worked out (with/through scriptures)  by the leaders, the (scribes) lawyers of our faith and Let the Christian faith be ONE faith. to co-exist with all beliefs even within the Christian faith is a very dangerous teaching. faith cometh By hearing, how will they hear without a preacher. If this is scripture then just as important as preaching,  would be What is being preached! If what is being preached is not important then why has God took precious time and space in His Word to warn against false prophets and teachers, ONE Lord, ONE Faith, ONE Baptism.  So To simple put it, My faith will not let me think that I may be wrong!!!! And if we think that the Christian way be wrong then we shouldn't to content with it but rather we should be looking for the RIGHT way.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I have been here for about a year and been reading and posting on here to almost everything.It is wonderful to have a place were follow Christians and even non- Christians can gather to talk about things. I do hope that what I am going to say is not taken negatively. But as you know we all come from different backgrounds and our believes are personal to us based on how we were raised and taught and our own personal relationship with Christ. This is all fine and well. But most of the time in the forms what I am seeing is people who are more interesting in telling others what is right and what is wrong and then demanding that everyone follow their believe because that is just the way it is to be. Instead of it being a place of learning from one another. It turns into a place where people are beat over the head with the Bible until they admit that they are wrong and I am right. I can see that I am most likely guilty of this myself from time to time.  So maybe all of us especially myself, need to keep this in mind and try to make this a place were we can learn from one another.  Any thoughts?

Every forum has it's own atmosphere...this one is pretty well maintained.  I've belonged to a few and with the exception of one that changed over to fb (wish they hadn't) all of them

are far harsher and insults, degrading comments and overt sarcastic remarks are the norm...and I only belong to Christian forums...I would not dream of joing any other unless it was

like a photography or art forum where people generally respect each other.

There are many factors that go into how people post.  I've certainly been reprimanded more than once but patience does seem to be a big part of how the mods deal with individuals here.

You learn to avoid some posters and again, for different reasons.  Some posters will interject their own thoughts on their favorite subject no matter what the thread is actually about and have

no problem diverting an op and some will create a dam....much like blocking the flow of water..... and some will be contrary to the point of being comedic.

Your op is sure to show up every month or so, nothing wrong with that, but does show a constant that pretty much everyone probably asks from time to time.

Be assured, this is a better forum than most. hi_20.png