LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!!! But let's face it, the system is broke. The disciples never agreed to disagree, they even got up in one another face from time to time, 41,000 different Christians denominations across the world, but wasn't it Christ, Himself that said a house divided can NOT stand. There is not your interpretation of scripture and my interpretation that makes truth. If you teach your way and I teach my way (and they are not the same) in the same church there is only confusion to the ones learning, iron sharpens Iron but for the better;unity not the worse; division. sharpens means for the better/to improve. yeah ok The relationship with God can be an individual one, But His Word is Truth. The truth, the Way and the Life. not 41,000 different truths. If we all have gotten to the point, that we are all right, then we have made a full loop as spiritual history repeats, and everyone was doing what was right in their own eyes!! the Methodist have their interpreted Bible that teaches their doctrine, the Baptist have their interpreted Bible that teaches their doctrine, and the Pentecostal have their interpreted Bible and so on and so on. The foundation is Christ: what has been built on that foundation by 41,000 different teachings is confusion. not truth.

Eph 6:13-14

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

KJV

As long as a person knows their are many different interpretations and that their view is not the only view.

And as long as their view and interpretation doesn't deviate one from truth, and if it does, it's when we have to try to correct it in a humble way. And that's how debates start lol

One of the problems Hall is that there are sometimes several interpretations of scripture.When a person thinks that their interpretation is the only one then that is when there are problems.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!!! But let's face it, the system is broke. The disciples never agreed to disagree, they even got up in one another face from time to time, 41,000 different Christians denominations across the world, but wasn't it Christ, Himself that said a house divided can NOT stand. There is not your interpretation of scripture and my interpretation that makes truth. If you teach your way and I teach my way (and they are not the same) in the same church there is only confusion to the ones learning, iron sharpens Iron but for the better;unity not the worse; division. sharpens means for the better/to improve. yeah ok The relationship with God can be an individual one, But His Word is Truth. The truth, the Way and the Life. not 41,000 different truths. If we all have gotten to the point, that we are all right, then we have made a full loop as spiritual history repeats, and everyone was doing what was right in their own eyes!! the Methodist have their interpreted Bible that teaches their doctrine, the Baptist have their interpreted Bible that teaches their doctrine, and the Pentecostal have their interpreted Bible and so on and so on. The foundation is Christ: what has been built on that foundation by 41,000 different teachings is confusion. not truth.

Eph 6:13-14

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

KJV

As long as a person knows their are many different interpretations and that their view is not the only view.

And as long as their view and interpretation doesn't deviate one from truth, and if it does, it's when we have to try to correct it in a humble way. And that's how debates start lol

One of the problems Hall is that there are sometimes several interpretations of scripture.When a person thinks that their interpretation is the only one then that is when there are problems.

Very true.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

no it is not very true, there has to be truth, and someone has to have it, It can be found within scripture, but  49 different translations of that truth or 41,000 different interpretations of the truth will not lead us to that truth, either one of the said will only cause confusion and deception, the Church should not teach that women can preach and the same Church/body of Christ teach women can't  preach. one part of the church can't teach works plus faith for salvation and the other part teach divine Grace through faith. one part can't teach  the spiritual gifts are for today, while the other part teaches the spiritual gifts are works of the devil!! Again if we follow the teaching of Christ, let me remind you a house divided CAN NOT STAND

Guest Butero

I understand the point Lady Kay is making, but just changing the way someone starts a post won't fix anything.  What often happens is that a question will be asked, and then everyone begins arguing in the thread, and tries to convince everyone they are right.  In other words, the exact same thing happens, but just not in the OP.  This cannot be helped, because everyone thinks they are right. 

I may be the only one here that feels this way, but I kind of look forward to seeing the new why Christmas is evil and why Easter comes from a pagan origin as the holidays roll around.  I don't get mad about it, even though I celebrate both. 

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

I have noticed that the interpretation issue is alive an well in here on particular topics.  That is to be expected alright.  But I think that the problem escalates when it is treated as a Salvation issue dispute.  Some differences fall into the mole hill and mountain expression.  But that said, I still gain interesting insight from almost every topic that I visit.

Guest Butero

I have noticed that the interpretation issue is alive an well in here on particular topics.  That is to be expected alright.  But I think that the problem escalates when it is treated as a Salvation issue dispute.  Some differences fall into the mole hill and mountain expression.  But that said, I still gain interesting insight from almost every topic that I visit.

To me, the problem isn't that things become a salvation issue.  What I see causing problems is people getting mad that anyone would say something is a salvation issue.  Let me give you an example.  Lets look at the example I gave about pagan holidays.  Someone tells me celebrating Christmas is sinful.  They tell me my soul is in danger if I celebrate a pagan holiday.  That is not making a mountain out of a molehill.  That person believes it is a serious sin.  I may not agree, but I am not going to get mad about it.  If I keep celebrating a "pagan" holiday, I am rolling the dice and believing I am not really in sin, but why get mad at a person for trying to warn me of what he sees as danger?  I have never understood people that get mad like that.  If you don't agree with something, just say so and move on.  If you feel strongly about it, respectfully continue to make your point.  There is no reason for all the lashing out and anger. 

well why we are on emotions, I find it unbelievable that one can tell if someone is mad or not, simply by the text they write. there is a zeal mentioned in the Bible that zeal is what drove Jesus the Clean out the Temple one day, was He driven by anger at the people or By His Love for the temple. If a man defends His home against a break in, Is he mad at the person or driven to protect His home. everyone must believe they are right about their faith in doctrinal issues, it is not anger that drives them to continue to debate, but compassion for what they believe, the problem begins when people claim to know your motives and your heart, and they don't even know you! most if not all the battles in the old testament was not driven by God being mad at someone but that someone standing in the way of where God wanted His people to be! and then when one is driven by love, and not anger, they are judged as a negative person, when it is the one judging that can't see the favorable emotion of Zeal but only sees the negative emotion of anger.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

His_deciple3....great examples on each of your posts in here.  It is though, possible to detect increasing levels of fervent defense of a persons text.  More than once I have suspected that a person was angry at another person in here and next thing I know another 3rd party jumps in as the peacemaker and tones down the frustrations.  Some times is is very obvious that there is annoyance being projected. 

well now I didn't say we were all Godly saints

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

no it is not very true, there has to be truth, and someone has to have it, It can be found within scripture, but  49 different translations of that truth or 41,000 different interpretations of the truth will not lead us to that truth, either one of the said will only cause confusion and deception, the Church should not teach that women can preach and the same Church/body of Christ teach women can't  preach. one part of the church can't teach works plus faith for salvation and the other part teach divine Grace through faith. one part can't teach  the spiritual gifts are for today, while the other part teaches the spiritual gifts are works of the devil!! Again if we follow the teaching of Christ, let me remind you a house divided CAN NOT STAND

I think what Bopeep means is that there are different ways to explain Scriptures and that’s what I was agreeing to. Some will interpret it using personal life experiences as an example, some will lead you to other Scriptures in order to understand a specific Scripture and others will be right to the point. As long as all Interpretations lead to the truth without deviation of what the specific Scripture means is what is important in my opinion. Also there are different Christian personalities. Some passive others aggressive, new generation and old generation, Old Testament and New Testament state of mind etc. Or at least that’s what I’ve seemed to observe.