IGNORED

About This Forum

LadyKay

Guest Butero

I am very concerned with many of the liberal views that I am seeing on Worthy.Views that sometimes do not line up with Scripture.I am disappointed and sad.  :(

I simply must ask. What views do you mean? Someone may consider someone's  views liberal, But they may not see their views as being liberal.

I wish to leave that between God and myself.

You are certainly free to do that Bopeep, but I have no idea what you are talking about if you don't at least give some kind of example.  My idea of liberal views may be completely contrary to yours. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

I am very concerned with many of the liberal views that I am seeing on Worthy.Views that sometimes do not line up with Scripture.I am disappointed and sad.  :(

I simply must ask. What views do you mean? Someone may consider someone's  views liberal, But they may not see their views as being liberal.

I think she might mean things like homosexual marriages are ok etc. There have been an increase in that type of liberality which is against what the bible says.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

I think she might mean things like homosexual marriages are ok etc. There have been an increase in that type of liberality which is against what the bible says.

that is why we need Biblical truth, If the Baptist doctrine conflicts with the Methodist doctrine both can not be right, one could be right or both could be wrong, but if the Baptist can have their truth and we are not to teach or speak against that in here, then why can't the Homosexuals have their truth as well as the lairs having their truth. The Catholic believed that the church aught to teach one thing, although man had put their false doctrine in that belief, there was no confusion as what the catholic church taught. Scripture says that God speaks to a forward generation, in whom the children are of no faith, faith cometh by hearing, then what are the Children hearing, the Christian Church can't even come together in an agreement on what Gospel(or interpretation of that Gospel) we are to preach. the Children are hearing division of doctrine, translations, music, worship. but SSSSHHHHHH!!!! let's just agree to disagree while our Children become the generation of whom there is no faith, of course scripture says that without faith it is impossible to please God. But how do we know that we can't please Him without faith, for the Bible also says that women are not to have authority over man , we are not to use tongues in Church, without an interpreter, that water Baptism would be replaced with a Spiritual baptism and salvation by grace through faith, and not that of works, but whom am I to say the Bible is right and anything contrary to Bible is wrong.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Everyone one on here thinks they have Biblical truth.Many think their interpretation is the only one.Frankly I am very guarded what I see or believe on here.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Please keep in mind that this is a discussion forum, and in being so, there will be many different views. Hopefully, more of the Truth will be placed beside every view to see if it is the correct view or not, according to scripture.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

Just my own comment and opinion.

I have said elsewhere that I have been involved in witnessing/evangelism efforts. These were major efforts with many people involved. The people involved were from diverse denominations, cultures, languages, etc. Since there would be many things we would disagree on, what constituted our unity of purpose? The gospel of salvation and the need for the gospel to be shared so that some might believe. We all believed there is only one way to God, by faith in Jesus. We all believed that all people were sinners, in need of salvation.

The most basic fundamentals of the faith can be summed up by answering the question of the need for salvation and what a person must do to be saved, and Who Jesus is. These basic fundamentals will tell whether a person is a born again Christian. After that basic, born again Christians might have different views. So, born again Christians are in unity, in Jesus and understanding the need for salvation, which are really the most important and necessary doctrines to be a Christian. We are in unity doctrinally, and in Jesus.

In Judaism, there is a method of study of scripture. Reading a verse, for the plain meaning, and looking at all possible understandings or interpretations. The Talmud is a debate/discussion by the Rabbis, of the various commands etc in the OT, and presenting many possible interpretations and applications. Generally, the Talmud does not give a final decision as to which is considered correct. That is elsewhere. But, it is very interesting to see all the many possible interpretations and applications. Some are extreme and silly to me. Some are interesting to me. But, what it does do is make one realize the wide diversity of possible understandings.

In the Mosaic law, there is a set hierarchy of authority to understand and apply scripture. There are judges and priests so certain practices are made standard, which is needed for a country which lives by the Mosaic law. The people have to be in agreement since the Mosaic law is addressed to the nation of Israel. However, the law and application is not as rigid as some like to believe.

In Christianity, there is not the same hierarchy described in scripture. And other then Who Jesus is, what He did, and how a person is saved, the rest has a variety of interpretations and applications.              

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Problems on Christian forums don't just come from a overzealous misinterpretations of scripture, they also come from people that are judgmental and self righteous about their faith, and  also from people that aren't really Christians at all, they are the liars, deceivers and malcontents that are trying to destroy Christianity.

I witnessed a forum that was Christian in its founding, turned into an atheist website, then closed.  The Christians left, because more and more of the posts became vile and blasphemous and insulting to them.  This happened because the moderators gave administrative privileges to senior posters and they eventually began to delete or ban Christians that were too "controversial, or overzealous."  I know 2 other people here at Worthy that were members of that website.

They are wolves living amidst the sheep. They do not respect the sanctity of our Churches, there are no boundaries for them to stop at, because their ultimate goal is the eradication of all religions from the world.

Guest Butero

His Disciple is right in saying that there is only one correct meaning to any passage in scripture.  The problem is that no single man or woman has all truth.  We know in part.  We understand in part.  As such, there is no way to know for sure who is correct on the various topics.  All we can do is give our opinion, based on our personal study.  That is the case whether it be on hot button topics like OSAS, the gifts of the Spirit, the Sabbath, or anything else you can think of that comes up frequently at WB.  There is only one correct answer, so when you have 5 conflicting opinions, obviously they can't all be right.  At the same time, even if we know they can't all be right, we can respectfully consider the different views and why individuals have the view they do have.  How else can we ever expect to come to the truth?  How do we know that among the 5 or more views, we have the right interpretation?  How do we know any of us are right? 

That being said, I get where His Disciple is coming from.  If we can all freely discuss some topics, why can't the pro-homosexual view be accepted?  I think the difference is that there are certain things in the TOS and the views of the board that would prevent certain doctrines from being allowed.  For one thing, the message board holds to the inerrancy of scripture, and there are many scriptures that clearly state that homosexual relations are an abomination in the sight of God.  It even carried a death sentence in the OT.  As to homosexual marriage, the very institution of marriage was created by God, and there is no examples of two men or two women being accepted in marriage anywhere in the canon of scripture.  How could they be when homosexual relations carried a death sentence in the OT?  The point is, the message board itself has given us certain things we must believe to be able to meet the qualifications of being members in good standing, and if we take views outside of those things, they are not accepted.  We have a fairly good amount of lead way in spite of that.  We can disagree on the gifts and whether they are in operation today?  We can disagree on origins of the holidays and Bible translations.  We can disagree on a whole host of things, but there are certain lines we cannot cross because of the way the message board was set up. 

Lets look at inerrancy of scripture.  There are people who don't accept the Bible as the Word of God.  There is no sense in debating doctrine with people who don't accept the Bible as authoritative.  We could agree on the meaning and one person believes we must follow it and the other doesn't think it matters because they don't accept it as an authority.  There must be some limits, but only on the essential things.  That is why we can disagree over something like whether or not women can speak in church.  We are not attacking the scripture that says they must remain silent.  We should all believe it is our authority.  We are questioning the original intent of that scripture, and what they were trying to say.  If you want only one view promoted, you cannot have any discussion.  You would have to start a web-site with one view and no chance to say anything about it, but chances are, there would be unintended error there as well, because we are all human.  In addition to that, who would spend any time there? 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I might add that I have been on several Christian Websites and I find Worthy the most comfortable for me.I just can not connect at all with some of the other sites.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

I might add that I have been on several Christian Websites and I find Worthy the most comfortable for me.I just can not connect at all with some of the other sites.

I agree. I was very tired of the hostility on a few Christian Websites, When I discovered Worthy, it was a breath of fresh air.