IGNORED

Why Can't I Find The Right Man To Marry?

Dawn1974

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  404
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/31/1974

Feeling pretty down today. Wondering why I can't get the right man in my life to marry. I know a guy that I grew up with who I started to like. But there is only one problem, he is in a serious relationship. So I just keep a certain distance. As a Godly woman by no means am I trying to manipulate the situation. I chose to let God take control in that situation. Pray for me.

Guest Butero

I would just say it is a matter of timing.  It is not God's will you be married at this time.  If you feel very strong about needing to find someone soon, and I was in your position, I might consider something like e-harmony.com.  They try to match you up with like minded people of faith.  You can either do that, or just be patient and see what happens.  Just be careful, because you are vulnerable to winding up in a bad relationship.  That would be far worse than being single.  Don't rush into anything. 

I wish you the best in finding a good spouse. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry you are feeling down. It looks like you wish to obey the opening of 1 Corinthians 7, the general command for Christians to marry.

I don't know why you have not yet found Mr. Right. So my speculations may be way off base, but since you ask WHY, I will venture forth -- pay it no mind if it is wrong.

I prayed for you.

1) The perfect is the enemy of the good. Some may turn down a good spouse because they demand a perfect spouse.

2) I don't know what a relationship means. To me that expression connotes sex, but it does not literally mean that; so how to regard "relationship" is uncertain. A woman is not to covet (nurse an intense desire for) some other woman's man. But if the two have no commitment, that is another matter. If someone is fornicating with another person, one would not want to get involved with such a person romantically.

3) It seems to me that there are some persons who are not attracted to persons who want them, but only to persons who reject them. (Is that insanity?) Does the Bible say anything about that? It says that we are to love God because He first loved us. What else?

4) I suggest claiming James 1 where if anyone lacks wisdom he prays and trusts the Lord for it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

Maybe you are trying to hard.You are trying to find the right man?Why don't you let the Lord find him for you?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,027
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

maybe you're looking in the wrong place......

just a caution though.......    don't settle for something less than what you want.....   if you do that it almost never works out for any length of time.

Praying~!

And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
Genesis 2:21-25

I Know The Matchmaker :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

Trust me when I say there is noting wrong with not getting married. Sometimes you are better off.

Guest LadyC

years ago, i decided that i was going to learn to be content with God as my 'husband'. after all, that's what isaiah 54:4 says, right? but eventually i started yearning for a human husband. some christian friends told me that i needed to make a list of every quality i want in a husband and pray over that list. i thought that was absurd LOL. i did nothing.

a few months went by, and one day i figured ok, i'll ask God for a husband. but i didn't ask God for a husband with all the qualities i wanted. instead, i told God "hey, i've spent my adult life looking for men that fit MY list of expectations, and we see what i have to show for that! a trail of relational disasters. so God, i'm just gonna ask you to bring YOUR very best for me, even if he doesn't meet my personal criteria. (and as an afterthought)... could you bring him by spring? may would be nice. "

that was in november of '98. on the last day of may in '99, i "met" the man i would marry seven months later. boy, did he ever NOT meet my criteria. not even close. and i'm not even going to lie and say it has been a bed of roses. (in fact, there were ten years in the middle that were more thorns than roses.) but 15 years later, i am glad i married him, and can't imagine life with anyone else. Not a day goes by that we don't laugh together... a lot! he's absolutely the best friend i could ever have.

that may not happen in your situation. God may not bring you the man of your dreams on a time table that you ask for. but i promise this... if you learn to be content with God as your husband, and trust Him with the rest of the details, when He brings a man for you to marry and grow old with, He won't disappoint you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Feeling pretty down today. Wondering why I can't get the right man in my life to marry. I know a guy that I grew up with who I started to like. But there is only one problem, he is in a serious relationship. So I just keep a certain distance. As a Godly woman by no means am I trying to manipulate the situation. I chose to let God take control in that situation. Pray for me.

like butero said you might look online you might look at bigchurch dot com and search within your zip code. it is a christian site.