Hansc

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Has anybody seen this movie, if so what do you think?  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,872
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

HanC,  I have several friends who have seen the movie and read the book.....   They all tell me that the Book is better.

Is it for real......   that's over my head.   It's hard to think of it as a total hoax, but I guess that is possible.

We will try and see the movie this week and I'll get the book to read on a coming fishing trip.

Guest LadyC

i read the book. i highly recommend the paperback. i've heard the movie leaves way too much out and does a good job of "hollywoodizing" some aspects. i'll see it when it comes to amazon, but movies are never as good as the book, so i'm not expecting much. 

i don't believe the boy's experience, as told by his dad, was a hoax. i believe he saw a vision, and i believe it was from God. i do not believe that categorizing it as an NDE as many have is accurate. the proceeds from the book go to christian charities... i have no idea where the proceeds from the movie will go. can't really tell ya much else.

Thanks OtherOne, I saw it last night with a group from a Bible study I attend, I thought it was pretty good.  However, when I got home I saw on my FB news feed that John MacArthur really tore into it calling it evil.

LadyC Thanks for the feedback, I think the kid was being honest too.   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Thanks OtherOne, I saw it last night with a group from a Bible study I attend, I thought it was pretty good.  However, when I got home I saw on my FB news feed that John MacArthur really tore into it calling it evil.

LadyC Thanks for the feedback, I think the kid was being honest too.   

Yes,John MacArthur had some pretty bad things to say about it.

Bopeep, what is your take on the film? 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I'm not much on reading anymore, but I'll see the movie when I can for $5 or less. LadyC why do you say it's not an authentic NDE?  Assuming they didn't make up the whole thing for money, I think it meets the requirements of a NDE. I read the famous book on NDE's by Moody back in the 70's or early 80's. He had 3 requirements for something to be a genuine NDE, and  admit I don't remember all 3. But one of the most important ones was to know something you couldn't know unless your spirit left your body. This kid knowing his mother was in 1 room praying, while his father was in another room screaming, qualifies. But it goes beyond a NDE because he knew his mother had a miscarriage before him. I can't imagine any parents telling a 4 year old that Mommy almost had a baby before you. That would raise too many questions and I don't see how it would benefit a 4 year old to know such a thing. So IMO this story is either a total hoax, or it's the honest truth of what the child experienced.  Which doesn't mean what he says he saw is the real Heaven. But I think he was being honest in what his 4 year old mind saw.

I'm skeptical about 2 things. I don't think there are animals in Heaven. I don't think angels nor Jesus has wings. But it's just MO, I can be 100% wrong.

Guest LadyC

i didn't say it was NOT an NDE, i said i do not believe that it was. i don't know a whole lot about NDE's but the way i understand them, the person who had them has usually died before being resuscitated. this kid never died. not even close. he was just under anesthesia during surgery. the doctors monitoring him during surgery never had any indication that he was in danger of dying. it was a typical day in the O.R. for them.

Bopeep, what is your take on the film? 

I don't go to movies.

i didn't say it was NOT an NDE, i said i do not believe that it was. i don't know a whole lot about NDE's but the way i understand them, the person who had them has usually died before being resuscitated. this kid never died. not even close. he was just under anesthesia during surgery. the doctors monitoring him during surgery never had any indication that he was in danger of dying. it was a typical day in the O.R. for them.

Right you can only die once.Once you are dead there is no coming back.These people have claimed to have left their bodies at some point from some life threatening experience.I am wondering if the anesthesia could have given him this experience.Many who have been depleted of oxygen or have taken certain drugs have had the same experience.