Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chatterbox11

Need Help - Just read book Would God Call Gays Sinners

15 posts in this topic

I am new on here.  I joined because I need help sorting some things out.

I just read the book Would God Call Gays Sinners.  Its available through Amazon if you search for the title. 

I thought i knew what the Bible said about Gays.  I grew up in a conservative church.

Now after reading this book, I'm having a crisis of faith and don't know what to believe anymore.

The authors makes out like everything we thought we knew Paul to say was a mistranslation and that he doesn't have a problem with gay people.

Either that, or I'm reading it wrong.  Still a little confused by his arguments and would love some help.

Please...please...please...if you have read this book too, respond.

Or if you have time to go read it and get back with me, that would be great too.

Thanks

Edited by OneLight

homosexual acts are an abomination to God. to engage in homosexual acts is definitely a sin. (although we're ALL sinners, heterosexual and homosexual...)

the world is trying to water down the truth... or in this case, flat out change it. that's what the world does. it's nothing new. people who advocate homosexuality have been trying to convince society that God is all about love no matter what form it takes, no matter how perverse it becomes. but just remember this. it doesn't matter how many billions of times someone days a duck ain't a duck, it still quacks.

Hi, welcome to worthy. I have not read the book nor do I plan to do so. I think though if you are looking for answers to what God says you should look in the bible not things of the world.

chatterbox11......welcome to Worthy.  You made the right choice coming in here.  You are living proof of what searching for answers outside the Bible can do.  By your own words, you are confused and don't know what to believe anymore.  Come back to the Bible and the Holy Spirit will give you wisdom on this subject.

Welcome to Worthy, chatterbox. LOL I gotta admit, you've got a great nick! Anyway, what confusion concerning the Way, the Truth and the Life, can be made perfectly clear, if you'll just give us a chance. No one is hasty to cast the first stone... None of us qualify. Sin is sin and we've all came to Christ, to be cleansed from all sin - no matter what it is! Our Saviour's shed blood on the cross, provides atonement for each unholy act, thought, or deed... Big or small. From the teachings of Mosaic Law, to the present Age, all lust is sin in the eyes of the Lord. Matrimony in the sight of God is holy, and the union of intimacy, is sacred. Read the Song of Solomon, it's in there... That's what you should be reading and not this trash! Never the less, you are welcome. Just keep it clean, decent and in order. Also read the: ToS at towards the upper right, across Worthy Christian Forums and Worthy Welcome mentioned twice. It's not just a bunch of rules and regulations...do's and don't's. Consider it more like understandings and agreements. Membership is free and easy. Just like the salvation of our Messiah, God.

In Him,

David/BeauJangles 

(KJV) Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

I am new on here.  I joined because I need help sorting some things out.

I just read the book Would God Call Gays Sinners.  Its available through Amazon if you search for the title. 

I thought i knew what the Bible said about Gays.  I grew up in a conservative church.

Now after reading this book, I'm having a crisis of faith and don't know what to believe anymore.

The authors makes out like everything we thought we knew Paul to say was a mistranslation and that he doesn't have a problem with gay people.

Either that, or I'm reading it wrong.  Still a little confused by his arguments and would love some help.

Please...please...please...if you have read this book too, respond.

Or if you have time to go read it and get back with me, that would be great too.

Thanks

Welcome.

If you stick with scripture, you would have His truth.  Satan twisted the word of God and look what happened to Adam and Eve.  Why listen to serpents?

Man can say anything he wants or interpret the Word ofGod to his benefit but what really matters is God's Word and in the Bible homosexuality is an abomination!

Welcome to Worthy, I he you stay and enjoy the fellowship!

A Worthy welcome to you!

I will be praying,

Peace, PrairWarur