fire-heart

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3,490
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  1

How is a person who believes in the rapture reconcile with the lords prayer?

Our Father, who art in heaven,
    hallowed be thy Name,
    thy kingdom come,
    thy will be done,
        on earth as it is in heaven.

I dont see rapture anywhere in the lords prayer

The Kingdom come...Isnt that exactly what is proclaimed in Revelation?

They will be done.....God's laws and governance proclaimed in Revelations when we live in the new Kingdom

on earth.... ON EARTH

Guest shiloh357

How is a person who believes in the rapture reconcile with the lords prayer?

Our Father, who art in heaven,

hallowed be thy Name,

thy kingdom come,

thy will be done,

on earth as it is in heaven.

I dont see rapture anywhere in the lords prayer

The Kingdom come...Isnt that exactly what is proclaimed in Revelation?

They will be done.....God's laws and governance proclaimed in Revelations when we live in the new Kingdom

on earth.... ON EARTH

Why would we expect to see anything about the rapture in the Lord's prayer?  It is a prayer not a prophecy.  We also see no mention of the Church age prior to the coming of the Kingdom the Lord's prayer.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  315
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1959

Now you read Revelation it starts out about the Churches and then Bam everything brakes loose tell me are these judgements against the Churches or them that dont fear God or both, tell me When the temple is built in heaven in Revelations and the word is to send the angels out and not return til the job is done who are the sacrifice for the temple. Tell me this if you say you follow Christ and he died and rise on the third day are you better then him that you fly away now do you follow him, these words from ezekiels post speaks of the new heavens comming and we will see it.

Isaiah 33

The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?

15 He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil;

16 He shall dwell on high: his place of defence shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure.

17 Thine eyes shall see the king in his beauty: they shall behold the land that is very far off.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

At an hour you LEAST EXPECT my brother. If you expected it, he would be a liar.

With so many Christians, it seems at least one person is expecting the rapture at all times, so it will never happen.  Just kidding.

Much Love

Edited by Helen Back

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

At an hour you LEAST EXPECT my brother. If you expected it, he would be a liar.

With so many Christians, it seems at least one person is expecting the rapture at all times, so it will never happen.  Just kidding.

Much Love

Ha ha, nice one. You got me. :)

More love back at you

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

I agree this world is getting way too hard to live in and still follow Jesus.  What most people don't realize is that we are in the tribulation.  There is no pre-trib. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,130
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

I agree this world is getting way too hard to live in and still follow Jesus.  What most people don't realize is that we are in the tribulation.  There is no pre-trib. 

Yet we are not in the 70th week of Daniel, still future.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

No I believe we are only in the first stages of the tribulations.  Also I personally believe we don't understand about how long it will last.

Jesus told me thirty-six years ago that a time was coming soon when man would suffer more then he has ever suffered.  He told me I was to give a word and leave, that out of the word I would give, a community would grow.  He said that he wanted a place of safety for his people.

When he told me I thought soon meant a few weeks or so? 

Soon to God may be thousands of years.    

You know something doesn't make sense to me. lots of ppl are saying how close the rapture is and believe it too but as much as i hope it is i cannot get myself to believe it because God has not given me any indication that the time is truly near. ppl say it could happen any day but i for some reason cannot believe it, i try to force myself to but i just cant. i remember before i even knew what the rapture was something happened to me i had this sense of knowing inside me that Jesus was comimng for me, i didnt know what it meant or why he was coming for me but i just knew. in one of my rapture dreams there was also that sense of knowing. so if he was really that close to coming for us wouldnt he let us know somehow? lots of ppl go to youtube to watch videos of rapture dreams or a word from the Lord that he is coming soon but i dont want to go to youtube or other ppl to know he is coming i think we should just know somehow. Why can i not seem to believe any more? i want to believe i want to have faith that its nearly time to go home but i guess i am just tired of hoping and then being let down because nothing happens. I simply don't belong here i dont fit in with this world, everyone in this world wants different things than me and i seek things that only God has but as long as i am bound by the flesh i can never truly have them because the flesh is strong.

Don't worry too much about whether His coming is around the corner or not, it is around the corner, but we do not know how big the corner is. Is it possible for him to come at any moment? I suppose with God, anything is possible, but those who say that the bible teaches that it "could be at any moment", have taken liberties with the scripture, so you are correct to have reservations about this interpretation.

There are passages which can be understood to teach a delay in His coming, and there are those which are understood that certain things must first happen. This was even more true in apostolic times than it is now. We can however, feel safe in assuming that His coming to catch up His people, is 2000 years closer, than it was when Jesus ascended to heaven.

Be careful not to fall prey to ear tickling doctrines that we know will come in the last days, and examine the scriptures daily, to see if these things are so.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

My friend and I were just talking today about how close we believe the coming of  the Lord is.  Everyday things get worse and I too believe His return is very near.

Because He Lives!  Rustyangel