• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  363
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/31/1974

Sometimes I feel like giving up and throwing in the towel. It seems like nothing is going right at the daycare where I work.

As well as me still struggling with loniness. I feel like I am slowly but surly slipping back into depression.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  67

Isaiah 41:10

10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness

Praying for Dawn . 

Guest Butero

Dawn, it sounds to me like you are depressed, not like you are slipping into depression.  I would suggest you focus on what is going right as opposed to what is going wrong.  What is going right is you have a job, and if I am not mistaken, that was an answer to prayer.  I am not going to make light of your being lonely.  At the same time, there are worse places you could be, like being in an abusive marriage.  You have the Lord, so you are never really alone.  You do have places you can go for fellowship, like Worthy Boards.  I don't know if you have a local church family, but if you have a church you like, that is a blessing.  Try giving thanks for the good, and stop focusing on the bad and see if that helps. 

I used to struggle with depression a lot too Dawn, so I understand how bad that can be.  I know from personal experience that I would tend to focus on negative things all the time, and make my condition worse.  The more down I was, the more I would listen to sad songs, and wallow in self pity.  I am not saying you are doing that.  I am telling you what I did.  Someone told me that I was choosing to be depressed, and after giving it some thought, I realized there was a lot of truth to that.  There were things going on in my life that were bad, but everyone has troubles they have to deal with, and mine were no worse than the next person.  I was better off than many.  Try looking at the good things, and don't feel bad if you remain depressed.  I am by no means judging you.  I just want you to feel better, and I would bet there is a lot of good in your life as well as the bad. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

God has a purpose for your pain,a reason for your struggles and a reward for your faithfulness.

Don't give up!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

Dawn1974........ Well at least you have not thrown in the towel yet.  As Butero mentioned, he was choosing to be depressed.  And since you have to physically throw in the towel, that too is a choice.  You may be slowly slipping but not surely.  Since you have been in the depression stage previously you know that that is not your comfort zone.  Thank you for identifying your issue and trusting us here in Worthy to listen.  We will all remind you of the path that will give you the most wisdom.....Jesus.             GBU

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

I've wanted to give up as well when I had excruciating chronic head pain.  The only thing that got me through it was utter reliance on God's grace through His Son, Jesus Christ.

Prayer to God to endure.   

Beloved

Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified. 1 Peter 4:12-14

~

Sometimes I feel like giving up and throwing in the towel.

It seems like nothing is going right at the daycare where I work.

As well as me still struggling with loneliness.

I feel like I am slowly but surly slipping back into depression.

Praying~!

And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full. John 16:23-24

~

I've wanted to give up as well when I had excruciating chronic head pain.  

The only thing that got me through it was utter reliance on God's grace through His Son, Jesus Christ.

Pray to God to endure.   

:thumbsup:

Hallelujah~!

Praying~!

Thank you all for listening to me. As well as praying for me. This what I really needs during these times.

Guest Butero

I was thinking about what you said in this thread, and your earlier ones.  I know you have had issues with co-workers, but let me ask you something.  If your co-workers got along with you, would you like your job?  I could be way off here, but it comes across to me like you may just not like your job, and nothing will change that.  You just don't like that kind of work.  If that is the case, it is obvious why you are depressed.  There is nothing more depressing than having a job you hate.  I have been there and done that.  If that is the case, what I would suggest you do is stay where you are, but look for something else.  Perhaps you could take on-line classes in another field.  That might open up better opportunities. 

Again, I may be way off base.  You might like your job fine, but just not be that good at it yet.  If that is the case, it will get better with experience.  I have no doubt you will improve at your work.  Some people are just slower at catching on to things. 

Actually I love what I do. I have been working with children for 12 years. The last job I loved all the way until I started working with new administrators as well as some of the new staff. This job challenges me because it is a big difference between work in the public school system and a daycare center. The structure and it's set up is different. A daycare center has a much faster pace environment. Plus I never worked with children this young. I currently work with 3-4 year old preschool. Most of my experience came from working with 1st-4th grade.