Dawn1974

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

It sadden me to hear of your ongoing trial, but be most assured Dawn that the Father has not forgotten you.  But am happy to hear that you love what you do, that is a novel idea to me, as I truly do not like my job.

14)  And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask any thing according to His will, He heareth us:

15)  And if we know that He heareth us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired from Him.

I John 5:14-15

For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Jeremiah 29:11

I really hate that saying time heals all wounds, IMO, it is a big lie; but one Truth is that our God can and will heal all wounds.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,234
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I was also thinking you had mentioned that you enjoyed grade school more. Pre school kids have much shorter attention spans. But they can be taught. That is why they started using advertising techniques to reach them--short, fun, and grabs their attention.

Since they are hiring for a new school year now, get out your application for schools again. They are more apt to hire someone who is presently employed. Meanwhile, as several have said, thank God for the job He has provided and start praising Him for everything that is good, especially that Jesus died for you.

I also had to retrain my mind to be a cup half full person. And I used the Philip. 4:4-8 passage to force my self to be thankful and to think on things that are good. That even meant turning off news, soap operas, TV dramas, and watching funny shows and old reruns. A merry hearts does good like a medicine. Prov. 17:22. I am not good at hiding my feelings or "putting on" a happy face when my heart is breaking. But I can thank God for answered prayers. I can look for the humor in life and remember the funny things kids do and say. So from being a very depressed, lonely personality who people regarded as being unfriendly and aloof I became known as a jolly person who always was smiling. This fact really amazed me. And it all started with the Phillippeans formula. Pray , with thanksgiving make my requests known, receive God's peace. Then think on things that are good and lovely. This took persistance. But it was not as gradual as one would expect. It also was a part of becoming less focused on self and more focused on God's faithfulness and loving others, and upon the beauty in nature.

Right now I am watching a squirrill bury something beneath our dogwood. It is probably a peanut that hubby has been supplying our neighbor who feeds them. The silly thing keeps going back to see if it is still there. Love to watch them. This is the 8th time it has gone back or made false trails and digs.

Blessings,

Willa

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/31/1974

Feeling very sad today. It seems like I can't stop being so sad.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

Feeling very sad today. It seems like I can't stop being so sad.

Praying for you Dawn . 

Guest Butero

Dawn, you may be dealing with a depressive illness.  Have you been to see a counselor or psychiatrist?  If you are dealing with continual sadness, there has to be a reason for it, and I don't know if it is a good idea to deal with this thing alone.  Everyone here desires to see you snap out of it, but being long distance, there is only so much we can do.  Perhaps talking to people one on one in chat would be helpful?  There you could discuss exactly what is going on.  Maybe you could talk to your Pastor?  Just don't try to deal with this by yourself.  I know from past experience that your inner thoughts will make things seem 1000 times worse than they really are.  I feel like you have a pretty good life, but you are looking only on the bad.  You like working with kids, and you have a job doing that.  If you remain there, you will only get better with experience.  That just stands to reason.  You have a relationship with the Lord, so you are never really alone.  If you are looking for a spouse, there are options today that didn't used to exist, like e-harmony.com and other Christian dating sites.  The situation isn't even close to being hopeless, but when you are in a sad place, it feels like there is no way to get out of it.  It feels like you are trapped in your circumstance, but that is nothing but feelings.  It is not reality. 

I will pray for your right now, but please seek help before this situation gets worse. 

Dear heavenly Father.  I pray for my sister Dawn.  I pray that you will help her to see the good in her life, and not the bad.  I pray that you will give her the desires of her heart.  I pray that you will fill her with the joy of the Lord.  Drive away all the sadness in her life and help her find true happiness.  Most of all, help her to learn to trust in you, regardless of her circumstances.  In Jesus name I pray.  A-men.