elijanoch

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

The mention of sackcloth shows that the two witnesses are humble. The two witnesses are people you have never heard of. They will come out of nowhere. They are "unimportant" (spiritually). They are the personable representation of the wrath and last-minute call to repentance of Elohim on Earth.

I think that when a man dies then his soul is judged. It is fixed in it's judgement. The chuch loves to speak of Moses and Elijah, but unless it knows YEHOVA it knows neither.

In eternity, the soul has become that which it has truly desired to be, given free will. Thus, it becomes fixed by virtue of Divine balance, in it's rightful place, either Heaven or Hell.

Edited by Mango_Morning

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

The mention of sackcloth shows that the two witnesses are humble. The two witnesses are people you have never heard of. They will come out of nowhere. They are "unimportant" (spiritually). They are the personable representation of the wrath and last-minute call to repentance of Elohim on Earth.

I think that when a man dies then his soul is judged. It is fixed in it's judgement. The chuch loves to speak of Moses and Elijah, but unless it knows YEHOVA it knows neither.

In eternity, the soul has become that which it has truly desired to be, given free will. Thus, it becomes fixed by virtue of Divine balance, in it's rightful place, either Heaven or Hell.

I know from God that you have a good understanding.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

the law and the prophets. 2 witnesses

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Psa 119:126 KJV - It is time for thee, LORD, to work: for they have made void thy law.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I've always wondered why people believe Moses is one of the two witnesses? ...revelation 11 ...? God bless

The two witnesses in Rev 11 are symbols, not real beings or people, though they might as well have been that by the way they worked and were treated. Someone already mentioned the two olive trees. Zechariah 4:2-6.

The means by which God has a witness in the earth, the old and new testaments ? or the "word of the Lord" "not by might or power, but by My Spirit"  "thy word is a lamp unto my feet" ?

Guest shiloh357

I've always wondered why people believe Moses is one of the two witnesses? ...revelation 11 ...? God bless

The two witnesses in Rev 11 are symbols, not real beings or people, though they might as well have been that by the way they worked and were treated. Someone already mentioned the two olive trees. Zechariah 4:2-6.

The means by which God has a witness in the earth, the old and new testaments ? or the "word of the Lord" "not by might or power, but by My Spirit"  "thy word is a lamp unto my feet" ?

There is no reason to believe they are symbols.  There is every reason to believe they are real people.  The Bible doesn't give us their identity, but that isn't important.  That they are killed and resurrected indicates that they are real people.   Calling them symbols really makes no sense.

Resurrected olive trees and candle sticks?

Compare verse 5 and 6 with chapter 22:18 and 19. These show that it is God's wrath which brings the plagues according to His word, not the wrath of angels or elected men.

Zechariah chapters 4 (and 5) confirms a short comment made earlier in this thread about the law and the prophets. These witnesses have those two characteristics - they have the spirit of prophecy Rev 11:3, Rev 19:10, and the law of God Rev 22:14, as in Zech Ch 5.

The reference in Rev to Zechariah is not a coincidence.

If we go by what the Bible infers, then we don't have to look for a pair of men, and argue what or who they might be.

Guest shiloh357

Resurrected olive trees and candle sticks?

Compare verse 5 and 6 with chapter 22:18 and 19. These show that it is God's wrath which brings the plagues according to His word, not the wrath of angels or elected men.

Zechariah chapters 4 (and 5) confirms a short comment made earlier in this thread about the law and the prophets. These witnesses have those two characteristics - they have the spirit of prophecy Rev 11:3, Rev 19:10, and the law of God Rev 22:14, as in Zech Ch 5.

The reference in Rev to Zechariah is not a coincidence.

If we go by what the Bible infers, then we don't have to look for a pair of men, and argue what or who they might be.

You have it backwards.  The olive trees and candlesticks are symbolic of the two human witnesses, not the other way around.  Furthermore, God can bring His wrath through any means He chooses.  He is sovereign.  He works through these two men 

So, there is no reason to think the two witnesses are anything other than what God says they are, in the book of Revelation.  He says they are men.  I will believe God and disbelieve you.

Now you say there is symbolism in there - the candlesticks are symbolic of real men, but not the other way around.

But now we have -

real fire breathing men in sackcloth, that are capable of destroying the entire earth over and over with plagues?

Are you sure the whole chapter is not symbolic?

Guest shiloh357

Now you say there is symbolism in there - the candlesticks are symbolic of real men, but not the other way around.

I never said there wasn't any symbolism.  I simply asserted that you have the symbolism  wrong.  You are saying the witnesses of Revelation are symbols.  God's word says otherwise.   It is the candlesticks and the olive trees of Zechariah that are the symbols.

But now we have -

real fire breathing men in sackcloth, that are capable of destroying the entire earth over and over with plagues?

We have men empowered by God to perform signs and wonders and preach the Gospel.  Is that so difficult to comprehend?