• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Salty,

Totally different countries.

Psalm 83 - all adjacent to Israel Arab countries basically.

Ezekiel 38- all countries away from Israel, like Russia, Iran, Ethiopia, Libya, etc.

I'm surprised you think this is related to the 10 toes from Daniel. Seems like a huge stretch to me.

I agree there's some differences between the nation lists, but 2 Chron.20 is what Ps.83 points to, but the event in 2 Chron.20 of God fighting the battle, and not Israel, points directly to the final battle of this world, which is Armageddon and Gog/Magog.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  6

Salty,

Totally different countries.

Psalm 83 - all adjacent to Israel Arab countries basically.

Ezekiel 38- all countries away from Israel, like Russia, Iran, Ethiopia, Libya, etc.

I'm surprised you think this is related to the 10 toes from Daniel. Seems like a huge stretch to me.

I agree there's some differences between the nation lists, but 2 Chron.20 is what Ps.83 points to, but the event in 2 Chron.20 of God fighting the battle, and not Israel, points directly to the final battle of this world, which is Armageddon and Gog/Magog.

So, let me get this straight-

Do you believe psalm 83, Ezekiel 38, and Armageddon are all one and in the same war?

• Group:  Diamond Member

So, let me get this straight-

Do you believe psalm 83, Ezekiel 38, and Armageddon are all one and in the same war?

No, I believe the events in Ps.83 were history, but as a 'type' also point to the final battle of this present world.

Zeph 3:8-9

8    Therefore wait ye upon Me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for My determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them Mine indignation, even all My fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of My jealousy.

9    For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve Him with one consent.

(KJV)

Note especially the timing of the below Ezek.39 events in relation to Rev.19...

Ezek 39:17-27

17    And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to My sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood.

18    Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan.

19    And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of My sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.

20    Thus ye shall be filled at my table with horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war, saith the Lord GOD.

21    And I will set My glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see My judgment that I have executed, and My hand that I have laid upon them.

22    So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward.

23    And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity: because they trespassed against Me, therefore hid I My face from them, and gave them into the hand of their enemies: so fell they all by the sword.

24    According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them, and hid My face from them.

25    Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for My holy name;

26    After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against Me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.

27    When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;

(KJV)

Rev 19:17-18

17    And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

18    That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

(KJV)

Ezek 38:22-23

22    And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone.

23    Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD.

(KJV)

Rev 16:20-21

20    And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.

21    And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

(KJV)

According to those Scriptures, I don't see how anyone could miss... that the Armageddon and Gog-Magog events are the same event to occur at Christ's coming.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

The Bible details precisely from the war that will be occurred in the end of times in the Middle-East, when a certain countries attack against Israel. I believe that what kind of point of view and attitude nations of the world has regarding to the word of the Bible, and Israel will decide their fate in the Last Days. Regardless of it that does you believe the Bible or not you should know that what the Bible teaches about the end of times.

The whole article is here:

http://www.kotipetripaavola.com/lastdaysgreatwarinmiddleeast.html

Hi PetriFB

This is what I have understood from the scriptures in piecing them together.

There are two great battles occuring at two different times.

The first great battle is when all the armies gather at Armageddon to make war with the lamb.

but before they assemble there together in that one place called Armageddon, those armies will invade Israel to fight each other.

The vision given to John shows first the 6th trumpet containing all those armies coming in to Israel (rev 9:16)

The 6th vial vision shows the Kings of the east (east of Jerusalem) Iran and his allies crossing in to Israel through the dried up river euphrates (rev 16:12)

This is all happening around the same time.

So obviously this war starts off with the Kings of the east (muslem nations) invading Israel, and then all the other armies come in to defend, not Israel, but their new occupiers..

Each nation will pick their side, and obviously the muslem nations will stick together.

The war will start, but will be cut short by Christ or else no flesh would be saved (Mark 13:20)

This would be Christ's appearing in the sky that would stop that war and baffle all those soldiers fighting.  Can you imagine the sky being black from all the smoke, then all of a sudden the sky is lit bright, because the lamb and his heavenly armies have come as prophesied.

But the armies below do not know it's Christ (for they don't believe in him, or know the scriptures) so all of them there join forces and reposition into Armageddon to become one great army, to fight the lamb together with all their technology and weaponry.

The false prophet and the beast (occupiers of Israel) will be thrown into the lake of fire.  Babylon will be no more.

Satan will be bound for a thousand years. During this time, Christ will set his kingdom up on earth and will rule with his saints.

The earth will be at peace for a thousand years, no more wars.

After the 1000 years Satan will be let loose, and they will surround to attack the holy camp (the kingdom area)  This is called the battle of Gog and Magog.  A different battle, the last battle.  But they will not kill a single soul in the kingdom area, except turn against each other.  They will be destroyed by God himself.  This prophecy is way way into the future, and will be the last days of those days.  This is what I understand.

God bless.

The Bible details precisely from the war that will be occurred in the end of times in the Middle-East, when a certain countries attack against Israel. I believe that what kind of point of view and attitude nations of the world has regarding to the word of the Bible, and Israel will decide their fate in the Last Days. Regardless of it that does you believe the Bible or not you should know that what the Bible teaches about the end of times.

The whole article is here:

http://www.kotipetripaavola.com/lastdaysgreatwarinmiddleeast.html

Hi PetriFB

This is what I have understood from the scriptures in piecing them together.

There are two great battles occuring at two different times.

The first great battle is when all the armies gather at Armageddon to make war with the lamb.

but before they assemble there together in that one place called Armageddon, those armies will invade Israel to fight each other.

The vision given to John shows first the 6th trumpet containing all those armies coming in to Israel (rev 9:16)

The 6th trumpet - 2nd woe period of Rev.9 is what you're talking about. That is not about a literal military army and literal war. It is about spiritual warfare.

That's the locust army God first warned about back in the Book of Joel, and He called it "My great army which I sent among you" (Joel 2:25). That Rev.9:16 army is the same locusts covered earlier in that chapter back at Rev.9:3-10, which are commanded to not hurt "the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree." They are only allowed to 'sting' those men who are not sealed with God's seal, and told not to kill them.

The later Rev.9:17-19 reveals their power is in their MOUTHS, not with literal weapons of war.

Our Lord Jesus was giving us symbols for how the locusts (which are a certain group of men) will spiritually attack the deceived for the last days. This is why that 6th trumpet - 2nd woe period continues all the way into the Rev.11 chapter where the final 7th trumpet - 3rd woe period is revealed. Within that 6th trumpet - 2nd woe period God's two witnesses appear in Jerusalem and prophesy for 1260 days (the latter half of Daniel's symbolic "one week"). That is the "great tribulation" time when they do that prophesying in Jerusalem, and then are killed at the end of that 1260 days.

In Matt.24 our Lord Jesus revealed the end just prior to His return will not be a time of wars and rumours of wars, but just the opposite, a time of peace. He said we will hear of wars and rumours of wars, but don't be troubled, for the end is not yet. So as long as wars are going on, the tribulation is not yet. This aligns with what Apostle Paul showed in 1 Thess.5 about the deceived declaring a time of "Peace and safety". That's the kind of event the Antichrist is to create upon the earth for the tribulation, a time of world peace, as per the Dan.8:25 prophecy, with craft prospering by his hand.

I hate that so many have gotten duped by not understanding Rev.9 is not about Armageddon but the coming spiritual war during the great tribulation. Men's doctrines from certain religious organizations have come up with that all out war doctrine for Rev.9 when anyone taking time to actually read and think about the symbols our Lord Jesus gave there, will begin to understand it's about spiritual warfare against Satan and his host the locusts (men). A study in the Book of Joel also reveals how silly their doctrines on Rev.9 are, showing those who preach it that are supposed to know The Word of God in reality reveals they haven't done their own homework in it.

How many Church organizations today with headquarters somewhere else send their preachers printed Church Quarterlies to preach out of, instead of directly within God's Word as written? NO WONDER so many false doctrines of men get started in today's Churches!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Fellow seekers,

I just found this thread, so I do have a thought I would like to share. This thought has been stated very succinctly by brother Enoch 2021 (where is this guy, I miss him), and this is what I think too:

The Psalm 83 war has not been fulfilled in history, this is yet to come. Because these nations border Israel, it makes perfect sense to me that this war will be the NEXT great calamity that has to occur in the Middle East.

Hey Spock

I really enjoyed Marilyn's post 152 in the Superpowers thread in "Eschatology"

I believe Marilyn is correct, the Psalm 83 war was most likely already fulfilled in 1967. Do you think that's possible?

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Fellow seekers,

I just found this thread, so I do have a thought I would like to share. This thought has been stated very succinctly by brother Enoch 2021 (where is this guy, I miss him), and this is what I think too:

The Psalm 83 war has not been fulfilled in history, this is yet to come. Because these nations border Israel, it makes perfect sense to me that this war will be the NEXT great calamity that has to occur in the Middle East.

Hey Spock

I really enjoyed Marilyn's post 152 in the Superpowers thread in "Eschatology"

I believe Marilyn is correct, the Psalm 83 war was most likely already fulfilled in 1967. Do you think that's possible?

Some people think that Psalm 83 was fulfilled in 1967 during the Six-day War. I'm not so sure about that.

Did you look at the link? Marilyn puts forward a good argument. The nations of the 1967 war match Psalm 83 perfectly, as does the result of that war. I particularly enjoy the match between the Edomite's tents and the Palestinian refugees. Not that they took a big role in the actual war but they were allied to the instigators, and they were one of the contributing factors to that war and so would warrant prophetic mention.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Did you look at the link? Marilyn puts forward a good argument. The nations of the 1967 war match Psalm 83 perfectly, as does the result of that war. I particularly enjoy the match between the Edomite's tents and the Palestinian refugees. Not that they took a big role in the actual war but they were allied to the instigators, and they were one of the contributing factors to that war and so would warrant prophetic mention.

It's possible, I can almost buy it. It just doesn't explain why these nations are not in Ezekiel 38 though, unless Isaiah can give us the answers..

It's possible, I can almost buy it. It just doesn't explain why these nations are not in Ezekiel 38 though, unless Isaiah can give us the answers..

I believe the immediate countries will be allied to the Jewish antichrist. He will rule over them for the 42 months of his power. Those countries that attack the Jewish antichrist will be from further afield.