• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Did you look at the link? Marilyn puts forward a good argument. The nations of the 1967 war match Psalm 83 perfectly, as does the result of that war. I particularly enjoy the match between the Edomite's tents and the Palestinian refugees. Not that they took a big role in the actual war but they were allied to the instigators, and they were one of the contributing factors to that war and so would warrant prophetic mention.

It's possible, I can almost buy it. It just doesn't explain why these nations are not in Ezekiel 38 though, unless Isaiah can give us the answers..

I believe the immediate countries will be allied to the Jewish antichrist. He will rule over them for the 42 months of his power. Those countries that attack the Jewish antichrist will be from further afield.

I've just been having a good look at Psalm 83 and comparing it with what I know about the 1967 war. I think you might be right. I could be changing my mind about Psalm 83 being a fulfilled prophecy.

However, I don't commit to new ideas straight away. I going to have to sleep on this.

Further investigation is warranted. I need to study it a bit more. There are still a few unanswered questions.

It may be worth starting a new thread devoted entirely to this - "Psalm 83 - fulfilled or yet to come?"

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Did you look at the link? Marilyn puts forward a good argument. The nations of the 1967 war match Psalm 83 perfectly, as does the result of that war. I particularly enjoy the match between the Edomite's tents and the Palestinian refugees. Not that they took a big role in the actual war but they were allied to the instigators, and they were one of the contributing factors to that war and so would warrant prophetic mention.

It's possible, I can almost buy it. It just doesn't explain why these nations are not in Ezekiel 38 though, unless Isaiah can give us the answers..

I believe the immediate countries will be allied to the Jewish antichrist. He will rule over them for the 42 months of his power. Those countries that attack the Jewish antichrist will be from further afield.

I've just been having a good look at Psalm 83 and comparing it with what I know about the 1967 war. I think you might be right. I could be changing my mind about Psalm 83 being a fulfilled prophecy.

However, I don't commit to new ideas straight away. I going to have to sleep on this.

Further investigation is warranted. I need to study it a bit more. There are still a few unanswered questions.

It may be worth starting a new thread devoted entirely to this - "Psalm 83 - fulfilled or yet to come?"

Me too, I haven't fully embraced the idea yet, but it looks right.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Fellow seekers,

I just found this thread, so I do have a thought I would like to share. This thought has been stated very succinctly by brother Enoch 2021 (where is this guy, I miss him), and this is what I think too:

The Psalm 83 war has not been fulfilled in history, this is yet to come. Because these nations border Israel, it makes perfect sense to me that this war will be the NEXT great calamity that has to occur in the Middle East.

Hey Spock

I really enjoyed Marilyn's post 152 in the Superpowers thread in "Eschatology"

I believe Marilyn is correct, the Psalm 83 war was most likely already fulfilled in 1967. Do you think that's possible?

Not at all. Read the psalm again, not fulfilled.

This should settle it-

17May they ever be ashamed and dismayed;

may they perish in disgrace.

18Let them know that you, whose name is the Lord—

that you alone are the Most High over all the earth.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Fellow seekers,

I just found this thread, so I do have a thought I would like to share. This thought has been stated very succinctly by brother Enoch 2021 (where is this guy, I miss him), and this is what I think too:

The Psalm 83 war has not been fulfilled in history, this is yet to come. Because these nations border Israel, it makes perfect sense to me that this war will be the NEXT great calamity that has to occur in the Middle East.

Hey Spock

I really enjoyed Marilyn's post 152 in the Superpowers thread in "Eschatology"

I believe Marilyn is correct, the Psalm 83 war was most likely already fulfilled in 1967. Do you think that's possible?

Not at all. Read the psalm again, not fulfilled.

This should settle it-

17May they ever be ashamed and dismayed;

may they perish in disgrace.

18Let them know that you, whose name is the Lord—

that you alone are the Most High over all the earth.

Good point, but think about, how can someone who perishes immediately, be ever ashamed and dismayed?  The implication is that they have time to think about what happened until the day they die. When they die, they perish in disgrace.  In my eyes that is what will happen to all the Islamic  leaders involved in that war, they will be ashamed of their loss, and when they die it will be in disgrace, not as proud conquerors. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi All,

So glad you are all having a closer look at Ps. 83 & the 6 day war.

Now Spock,

Have you read about Prophetic Perspective. Not dual meaning. I gave an example on another thread. It is where God talks about one event & then another event but there is a great time between each. This is what is happening in Ps. 83: 16 - 18. The Lord is saying the out come of the war on Israel`s enemies & then He moves on to the eventual final outcome. We do this in our everyday conversations too.

Here is a very clear example of this Prophetic Perspective. In Isaiah 61: 1 & 2 we read -

`The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me.......To proclaim the favourable year of the Lord. & the Day of vengeance of our God.`

Then we go over to Luke 4: 18 - 21 & find that the Lord only reads part of that scripture from Isaiah in the synagogue. He says it is fulfilled but He didn`t read the last part of the sentence - `& the Day of vengeance of our God.` Why? because obviously that hasn`t been fulfilled yet. It is the same with many scriptures in God`s word where God talks about an event then moves on many years to the conclusion.

Hope that helps in understanding that principle in God`s word & for understanding Ps. 83 In relation to the 6 day war.

A bit more on Prophetic Perspective.

If we were to look at two mountains, one behind the other they would look close. eg. On the first mountain top is the first coming of the Lord as a man. Then on the second mountain top He comes a second time in power & great glory. This is what confused the scholars of Israel as they couldn`t understand the 2 comings. However if you look at the 2 mountains from the side you would see a big valley inbetween & we know that that is the time of the Body of Christ being built together & matured. This was not shown to the Old Testament prophets & they only saw the 2 mountains from the front, one in front of the other.

We as the Body of Christ have the privilege of seeing & knowing the difference. So we need to remember this Prophetic Perspective  of events with a large time between when we read a lot of the Old Testament.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

The 6th trumpet - 2nd woe period of Rev.9 is what you're talking about. That is not about a literal military army and literal war. It is about spiritual warfare.

Hi Salty

Thanks for answering.

Christ returns on the 7th trumpet.  He comes during that battle of Armageddon.  Before all those soldiers are gathered there, they have to make their way there.  The 6th trumpet is describing those armies coming in there, but it's not described for us plainly to understand, because this is how God works when giving prophecy, we have to seek the meaning.

I see the 6th trumpet as a real war leading up to Armageddon.  There are angels bound in the river Euphrates today.  These angels will be let out, and their specific job is to stir trouble and gather the armies to attack in Israel.

"The number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand" (Rev 9:16)

When John was given this vision, it would of been hard to describe modern warfare as they only fought with swords back then.

"....and the heads of the horses were as heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone" (Rev 9:17)

I see tanks here.

"For their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt" (Rev 9:19)

I see more tanks here.

"By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, an by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths" (Rev 9:18)

We need to look at it through Johns eyes.  1/3 of men are really being killed.  This is war., and this is physical because people are dying.

That's the locust army God first warned about back in the Book of Joel, and He called it "My great army which I sent among you" (Joel 2:25).

"And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerwork, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm, my great army which I send among you" (Joel 2:25)

God is speaking to Israel here.  He is going to restore all the destruction sent on Israel.  Everything is in God's command, therefore whatever he uses, he calls his army, because he sends the order.

That Rev.9:16 army is the same locusts covered earlier in that chapter back at Rev.9:3-10, which are commanded to not hurt "the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree." They are only allowed to 'sting' those men who are not sealed with God's seal, and told not to kill them.

This is the 5th trumpet.  One trumpet before the 6th.  These are evil spirits let out of the bottomless pit, and they are not sent to hurt or destroy anything green, but to torment men which do not have the seal of God.  They do not kill, but torment men for 5 months.  The sting (pain) will be as painful as a scorpions bite, and men shall seek death and desire to die, but cannot die.  No one is being killed here, just tormented.

The later Rev.9:17-19 reveals their power is in their MOUTHS, not with literal weapons of war.

Again, if 1/3 of men are being killed, it is not from a spiritual death, but a physical killing.  Don't forget this punishment is on Babylon the Great, not the christians.  For all those left in Babylon the great who rejected God, do not have God's protection, but his wrath.

"   And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues"(Revelation 18:4)

Our Lord Jesus was giving us symbols for how the locusts (which are a certain group of men) will spiritually attack the deceived for the last days. This is why that 6th trumpet - 2nd woe period continues all the way into the Rev.11 chapter where the final 7th trumpet - 3rd woe period is revealed. Within that 6th trumpet - 2nd woe period God's two witnesses appear in Jerusalem and prophesy for 1260 days (the latter half of Daniel's symbolic "one week"). That is the "great tribulation" time when they do that prophesying in Jerusalem, and then are killed at the end of that 1260 days.

Yes I agree that the 6th trumpet is the 2nd woe, and the 7th trumpet the 3rd woe, but as I explained before I do not see the locusts as men.  Everysingle person who does not have "the seal of God" will be tormented.  You would need a lot of men to do that.  Men do not come out of the bottomless pit, but devils do.  We would have to go back to genesis to understand why there are angels locked up till today, and what their crime was, but that is a different subject.

I also agree that the two witnesses will prophesy for 1260 days, but disagree that it has anything to do with the one week in Daniel.  That one week in Daniel is past. We can talk about this later.

In Matt.24 our Lord Jesus revealed the end just prior to His return will not be a time of wars and rumours of wars, but just the opposite, a time of peace. He said we will hear of wars and rumours of wars, but don't be troubled, for the end is not yet. So as long as wars are going on, the tribulation is not yet. This aligns with what Apostle Paul showed in 1 Thess.5 about the deceived declaring a time of "Peace and safety". That's the kind of event the Antichrist is to create upon the earth for the tribulation, a time of world peace, as per the Dan.8:25 prophecy, with craft prospering by his hand.

Everything happens in stages, and in order.  There will be rumours of wars

"For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places" (Matt 24:7)

"All these are the beginning of sorrows" (Matt 24:8)

These are the begining of sorrows.  The rest must follow.  In order for there to be a false peace, which I agree with you by the way, will happen to  "restore order", but not by God.  When there is peace, then sudden destruction, meaning the 7 angels will sound.  I agree with the rest that you said brother.

I hate that so many have gotten duped by not understanding Rev.9 is not about Armageddon but the coming spiritual war during the great tribulation. Men's doctrines from certain religious organizations have come up with that all out war doctrine for Rev.9 when anyone taking time to actually read and think about the symbols our Lord Jesus gave there, will begin to understand it's about spiritual warfare against Satan and his host the locusts (men). A study in the Book of Joel also reveals how silly their doctrines on Rev.9 are, showing those who preach it that are supposed to know The Word of God in reality reveals they haven't done their own homework in it.

Is this supposed to be directed at me?  If so I forgive you.  I also agree.  I have only learn't what I know from the seeking the scriptures alone, and what is happening in the world, and not from any doctrine from a religious organisation.  I have stayed away from all that.

How many Church organizations today with headquarters somewhere else send their preachers printed Church Quarterlies to preach out of, instead of directly within God's Word as written? NO WONDER so many false doctrines of men get started in today's Churches!

Yes there are many, thats why we have to let the scriptures be our judge and final authority, for the bible is the real source of truth.  The point of my original reply was to say that the battle of Gog and Magog, is after the 1000 year reign and not to be confused with before the coming.  Two different wars.

I just want to say that I do not enjoy debating, but I do enjoy us sharing what we have learn't, so thank you.

Also, I still don't know how to use this quote thing properly, so forgive me as I become familiar with this site. 

God bless.

Sorry, I didn't realise my reply was going to turn out so long.  Apologies everyone.

Is there anyway we can "preview" before posting?

Hi Sister,

Glad to see you here. I also remember not so long ago that I had to ask the Moderators this & that. Keep going for we are all in this together. I do agree with what you have just posted. Also it will take a bit of time for you to work out the different personalities that are here, but generally they/ now we are a friendly lot even though we have different view points on some areas.

Blessing, sis. Marilyn. 

Hi Sister,

Glad to see you here. I also remember not so long ago that I had to ask the Moderators this & that. Keep going for we are all in this together. I do agree with what you have just posted. Also it will take a bit of time for you to work out the different personalities that are here, but generally they/ now we are a friendly lot even though we have different view points on some areas.

Blessing, sis. Marilyn. 

Thank you Marilyn, blessings to you to my Sister from Down under.

Yes I know there are different personalities on these forums, and it's ok to disagree, but all must be done in love, or we don't belong to Christ.