• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Worthy Family

I am sure most of you know that in this hi-tech computerized world we live in we can easily become victims of many types of fraud,identity theft & many other techno crimes.........although I live in the State of Florida & in my State the Dept of Agriculture sends out newsletters of the latest "scams" I am sure that every State has the same problems as cyber crimes sweep our Nation

So,just to pass on some information to keep us all out of harms way.........in case you have not heard about "skimming devices"..........

Whichever card is swiped, the following are ways to help protect consumers from being scammed:

Monitor All Accounts
Check debit and credit account activity on a regular basis for any unauthorized transactions. If there’s an indication of suspicious activity, notify the bank or credit card issuer immediately.

Customize Fraud Controls
Inquire if the bank/credit issuer can set up account alerts to notify by text, email or telephone if a transaction exceeds certain parameters, such as amount or location.

Beware of Fraud Hotspots
Gas stations, ATM machines and restaurants are frequent targets of “skimming,” machines that scammers install to steal card information. If a debit card must be used at the gas pump or restaurant, choose to run the card as a credit purchase so that a PIN is not required. The amount will still be deducted from the bank account, but it will be processed through a credit-card network, which will give greater protection from liability if fraud does occur.

Consumers should remain vigilant for incidents of fraud and identity theft by regularly reviewing account statements and monitoring credit reports. If any suspicious or unusual activity is detected, report it immediately to all of the applicable financial institutions.

For additional information, contact the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services at�www.800helpfla.com�or by calling 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352) within Florida, 1-800-FL-AYUDA (352-9832) en Español or (850) 410-3800 from outside of Florida.

God Bless you all & be alert & aware when "swiping" that card!!!!                                With love

Your Sister in Christ,Kwik