missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I do believe there is an appointed time for everyone to die, and I do believe the way we die is also appointed.  Then again, I believe everything we do is set In stone, including my decision to read and comment in this thread.  We have no way to know when that will be, but God knows.  Before anyone asks, I do realize what that means. 

Ok so before you were saved God appointed you to lie in a coma for a year and then die of cancer? 

And God is pulling your strings like you are a puppet? Was He doing this before you were saved, or only after?

I said I know what my comment means.  The way a person dies was determined before they were formed in the womb.   Everything was decided before I was formed by God in the womb, and that includes my decision to get saved.  It was determined back in the eons of time that you would ask me these questions, and I would give you the answer I am giving you.  You can ask me follow up questions, but you will get a similar answer. 

That is true.God knows everything about you before you were formed in the womb.And that includes when,where and why you die.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  0

And why?

We all have a divine appointment with death as it is appointed unto man once to die after this the resurrection. King David said "teach us to number our days". We do not have a promise of tomorrow given to us in this life. For this reason we must be ready to meet the Lord at any given time in our life because death can come at any moment even in a time when we think not. While we do not know the appointed time of our death personally God knows precisely what the time will be. For I believe God is all knowing and has all knowledge and wisdom.

1 Peter 3:15 - But santify the Lord God in your hearts; AND BE READY ALWAYS TO GIVE AN ANSWER TO EVERY MAN THAT ASKETH YOU A REASON OF THE HOPE THAT IS IN YOU WITH MEEKNESS AND FEAR:

So my answer to the why is simply "I Will Therefore Be Ready" whether at the appointed time of death or at the appointed time of the Lord's coming I will be ready to meet him and not be caught unaware. God knows the very number of the hairs on my head why wouldn't he know the time of my death or any other thing that will happen in my life here on earth.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Unless the rapture comes first  :mgcheerful:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

:amen:   bopeep :wub:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Fez.....

I am not sure if it was I you were addressing because right after I) posted the Ecc Scripture,Willa posted it also......but you did say that "if you are going to use that as your argument"......I just wanted to clarify that ,for me,I did not post the Scripture to say that  was what I believed....I said you can say that it is an appointed time in the sense that God KNOWS the date we will die.......He knows every single event that will occur,every response we will have ,,,,,LOL-even what we will laugh at........only because He is not bound by space or time

I think that better explains my thoughts?I believe if someone commits suicide,they did it......Gods intention was not for them to die the day they decided to take their own life(free will) but he certainly knows the day they will do it

Anyway,my Brother,as I said I don't even know if your question was for me but it is always my pleasure to talk to you & our Worthy Family in any event & I love sharing our thoughts together..................God Bless you Fez & Glory to God!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Oakwood doesn't think the idea is Christian:

"I don't think so. It eliminates the concept of free will. A number of Far-Eastern religions believe that we have a pre-appointed time of death, but it's not a Christian thing."

We really have to ponder the doctrines of election and predestination, which are definitely in the Bible -- not that all Bible-believers interpret this doctrine the same.

Let's look at a couple of passages:

1) < Acts 17

"The God that made the world and all things therein, he, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands; neither is he served by men’s hands, as though he needed anything, seeing he himself gives to all life, and breath, and all things; and he made of one every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth,

having determined their appointed seasons, and the bounds of their habitation;

that they should seek God,"

2) < Acts 2

You men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God unto you by mighty works and wonders and signs which God did by him in the midst of you, even as ye yourselves know; him, being delivered up by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, you by the hand of lawless men did crucify and slay"

Does the concept or predictive prophecy require that God controls the course of history? He predicted the return of Israel. Does that require Him imposing a sovereign will to preserve and move Israel to return? How often does the Bible indicate that God turns hearts? (The King's heart is in the hand of the Lord; He turns it withersoever He will.)

Oakwood, do you think that it is somehow possible that the Lord has predetermined exactly everything that happens yet preserving free will, so at the same time men make free decisions without any compulsion, yet it is just what God determined would happen? If you read Tolkien's Simarillion, I think you will see this POV put forth, though Tolkien does not use the name of God in "The Music of the Ainur":

"And it came to pass that Ilúvatar called together all the Ainur and declared to them a mighty theme, …

"Then the voices of the Ainur, like unto harps and lutes, and pipes and trumpets, and viols and organs, and like unto countless choirs singing with words, began to fashion the theme of Ilúvatar to a great music; and a sound arose of endless interchanging melodies woven in harmony that passed beyond hearing into the depths and into the heights, and the places of the dwelling of Ilúvatar were filled to overflowing, and the music and the echo of the music went out into the Void, and it was not void. …

"But now Ilúvatar sat and hearkened, and for a great while it seemed good to him, for in the music there were no flaws. But as the theme progressed, it came into the heart of Melkor to interweave matters of his own imagining that were not in accord with the theme of Ilúvatar, for he sought therein to increase the power and glory of the part assigned to himself. …

Some of these thoughts he now wove into his music, and straightway discord arose about him, and many that sang nigh him grew despondent, and their thought was disturbed and their music faltered; but some began to attune their music to his rather than to the thought which they had at first. Then the discord of Melkor spread ever wider, and the melodies which had been heard before foundered in a sea of turbulent sound. But Ilúvatar sat and hearkened until it seemed that about his throne there was a raging storm, as of dark waters that made war one upon another in an endless wrath that would not be assuaged.

"Then Ilúvatar arose, and the Ainur perceived that he smiled; and he lifted up his left hand, and a new theme began amid the storm, like and yet unlike to the former theme, and it gathered power and had new beauty. But the discord of Melkor rose in uproar and contended with it, and again there was a war of sound more violent than before, until many of the Ainur were dismayed and sang no longer, and Melkor had the mastery. Then again Ilúvatar arose, and the Ainur perceived that his countenance was stern; and he lifted up his right hand, and behold! a third theme grew amid the confusion, and it was unlike the others. For it seemed at first soft and sweet, a mere rippling of gentle sounds in delicate melodies; but it could not be quenched, and it took to itself power and profundity. And it seemed at last that there were two musics progressing at one time before the seat of Ilúvatar, and they were utterly at variance. The one was deep and wide and beautiful, but slow and blended with an immeasurable sorrow, from which its beauty chiefly came. The other had now achieved a unity of its own; but it was loud, and vain, and endlessly repeated; and it had little harmony, but rather a clamorous unison as of many trumpets braying upon a few notes. And it essayed to drown the other music by the violence of its voice, but it seemed that its most triumphant notes were taken by the other and woven into its own solemn pattern.

"Then Ilúvatar spoke, and he said: 'Mighty are the Ainur, and mightiest among them is Melkor; but that he may know, and all the Ainur, that I am Ilúvatar, those things that ye have sung, I will show them forth, that ye may see what ye have done. And thou, Melkor, shalt see that no theme may be played that hath not its uttermost source in me, nor can any alter the music in my despite. For he that attempteth this shall prove but mine instrument in the devising of things more wonderful, which he himself hath not imagined.'

(The text is on the internet; I don't know the page number in the book, but it is near the start.)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

That's what makes me feel immortal when I do extreme sports. Makes the hobbies more enjoyable, can't be careless and suicidal about it though and always pray before. :25:

His Call

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27

Of Love

John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, Revelation 1:4-5

~

I do believe there is an appointed time for everyone to die, and I do believe the way we die is also appointed.  Then again, I believe everything we do is set In stone, including my decision to read and comment in this thread.  We have no way to know when that will be, but God knows.  Before anyone asks, I do realize what that means. 

Ok so before you were saved God appointed you to lie in a coma for a year and then die of cancer? 

And God is pulling your strings like you are a puppet? Was He doing this before you were saved, or only after?

:thumbsup:

Astonishing As It May Seem

Behold, for peace I had great bitterness:

but thou hast in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption:

for thou hast cast all my sins behind thy back. Isaiah 38:17

I Am Truly Persuaded

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 1 Corinthians 6:19

It's All About

Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.

And again, I will put my trust in him.

And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me. Hebrews 2:12-13

Family

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear;

but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 5:8

And

And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. Revelation 13:8

Even That Seems To Pale

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. John 14:23

When I Discovered Our LORD Lives Right Inside Of Us

Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee,

that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: John 17:20-22

And That HE Absolutely Adores Us

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love:

therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. Jeremiah 31:3

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I said I know what my comment means.  The way a person dies was determined before they were formed in the womb.   Everything was decided before I was formed by God in the womb, and that includes my decision to get saved.  It was determined back in the eons of time that you would ask me these questions, and I would give you the answer I am giving you.  You can ask me follow up questions, but you will get a similar answer. 

I do not believe that these things are pre-determined. They are known.

That's what I believe. They are known, not predestined. because that means that the cancer epidemic in the USA and other countries was planned by God.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Ok let me ask you then, can you hasten your death if God has it under His control? Why bother with a healthy diet? Why bother to exercise? 

Why bother to pray for healing? Why bother to pray at all if it will not make an iota of difference to your fate?

If I have been waiting eons for the answers will it take you eons to reply to them?  :cool2: