douggg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Very confusing thread. I do not feel the topic of the antichrist has been developed very well.

At least salty stated his opinion that he believes satan is the antichrist. I know some believe satan takes over after the abomination of desolation, so I will leave that alone for now. I do not believe the antichrist shall we say before the A of D is satan, but rather a real person like you and I.

The bible says he is "an Assyrian."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I think people should decide who/what in Revelation is actually the entity that we would call "the Antichrist"

If it's that beast that comes up out of the Bottomless Pit (Abyss) then I personally think that it is a fallen angel.   Could be or not Satan.   I do have ideas, but they are not out of the Bible.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Spock,

Interesting thoughts you had on the Assyrian. Here is a bit more detail.

The Assyrian which will fall by a sword not of man, is the Anti-Christ whom the Lord will destroy when He comes to wage war on Mount Zion.

`the Lord of hosts will come down to wage war on Mount Zion ....the Lord of hosts will protect Jerusalem....He will protect & deliver it........& the Assyrian will fall be a sword not of man,.....` (Isa. 31: 4 - 8)

Hi Marilyn,

I added more details on the rev 13 thread pertaining to the first beast (antichrist).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Hi Marilyn,

I added more details on the rev 13 thread pertaining to the first beast (antichrist).

Where's that, because the first 'beast' of Rev.13:1-2 is the kingdom beast. Jesus explained what the waters are that John saw in Rev.17:15.

The 2nd beast is the Antichrist, of Rev.13:11 forward...

Rev 13:11-12

11    And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12    And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

(KJV)

If you look closely in that chapter, you'll find that it's the first beast (kingdom) that has the "seven heads", and one of those seven heads suffers the deadly wound that Antichrist comes to heal.

Hi Marilyn,

Where's that, because the first 'beast' of Rev.13:1-2 is the kingdom beast. Jesus explained what the waters are that John saw in Rev.17:15.

The 2nd beast is the Antichrist, of Rev.13:11 forward...

Rev 13:11-12

11    And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12    And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.(KJV)

If you look closely in that chapter, you'll find that it's the first beast (kingdom) that has the "seven heads", and one of those seven heads suffers the deadly wound that Antichrist comes to heal.

Interesting thought there salty. Let me read and reread that again. I've always thought that was a PERSON and not a KINGDOM, but let me go back over and ponder it. Thanks.

Spock out

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

The second post in this thread basically puts up the facts about the AC that we all agree on.

When, what, who and how the AC is manifested, has many different points of view.

Is it possible to identify the AC from those few texts alone?

I think it would be fair for any of us to do that, since we all agree and understand those points.

From the book of John alone, we can safely conclude that the AC is a spirit which may infect more than one individual, even every spirit which does not confess Christ. And also that it is an individual to the future of the time of John.

Verse 23, The AC denies the Father and Son but especially Christ the Son.

Verse 19, says that the AC's are apostates, they were once of the believing church but went out, so the AC has a Christian origin gone wrong.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

The CIA's World Factbook gives the population as 7,021,836,029 (July 2012 est.) and the distribution of religions as Christian 33.39% (of which Roman Catholic 16.85%, Protestant 6.15%, Orthodox 3.96%, Anglican 1.26%).  So everyone else is Antichrist.

The CIA's World Factbook gives the population as 7,021,836,029 (July 2012 est.) and the distribution of religions as Christian 33.39% (of which Roman Catholic 16.85%, Protestant 6.15%, Orthodox 3.96%, Anglican 1.26%).  So everyone else is Antichrist.

According to John, the AC has a Christian origin, otherwise it would not be deceptive. "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof." This agrees with what others have posted about its inception through peaceful means.

To a Christian there is nothing deceptive about open demon worship, atheism, hedonism, Islam, Buddhism, Shintoism, etc and anything outside of the name of Christianity.

But an impressive and popular religion that upholds the cross and claims to be Christian may be a snare. 

The AC also permits sin on some level. Not on an obvious level, but subtle. I John 3:4.

No one disagrees that the AC is of the devil. I john 3:8.