douggg

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

None of the end time prophecies are stand alone.    To be understood they have to be be coordinated with other scripture in a comprehensive synchronized understanding of the terms used in the bible, and the other prophecies, some fulfilled and still others remaining to be fulfilled.

For example, it is useless for me to ask in Daniel 9, "where does it say that Jesus is the messiah, King of Israel, Son of David anointed?" 

Or perhaps for me to ask where in Daniel 9 "where does it say that the prince who shall come is the "Anti" messiah, King of Israel, Son of David anointed?  Because the prophecies are not stand alone that such information can not be arrived at by what is found in those text - standing alone.

The prophecies in the old testament are never stand alone, because it is intentional not to reveal to Satan that Jesus would die for the sins of mankind ahead of time.   Otherwise, he would not have partaked in getting Jesus crucified.

1Corinthians2:

But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Edited by douggg

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

True prophecy does not stand alone in fact not one part of the bible does, its all connected in some way.

True prophecy does not stand alone in fact not one part of the bible does, its all connected in some way.

And at the basic premise is obscured because one has to be really familiar with the scriptures that God did not want Satan to know ahead of time not to get Jesus crucified.    

Satan was thinking that Jesus during his early ministry was bringing the kingdom of God to this earth to take away the dominion and influence Satan had over the world to keep man in bondage to sin.     Thus, in the temptation in the wilderness, Satan sought for Jesus to kill himself by jumping off of the high place - thinking by killing the King of the kingdom of God - that it could never materialize and replace his own kingdom.

Satan had no idea that by getting Jesus crucified - that would free mankind from being guilty of sin, and would allow God to proceed with the prosecution of Satan for sin - without destroying all of us eternally as well for our sins.     So the prophecies in the old testament were sealed from understanding until after the resurrection and in many cases until the time of the end.

Edited by douggg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

And at the basic premise is obscured because one has to be really familiar with the scriptures that God did not want Satan to know ahead of time not to get Jesus crucified.    

Satan was thinking that Jesus during his early ministry was bringing the kingdom of God to this earth to take away the dominion and influence Satan had over the world to keep man in bondage to sin.     Thus, in the temptation in the wilderness, Satan sought for Jesus to kill himself by jumping off of the high place - thinking by killing the King of the kingdom of God - that it could never materialize and replace his own kingdom.

Satan had no idea that by getting Jesus crucified - that would free mankind from being guilty of sin, and would allow God to proceed with the prosecution of Satan for sin - without destroying all of us eternally as well for our sins.     So the prophecies in the old testament were sealed from understanding until after the resurrection and in many cases until the time of the end.

Quite a lot of conjecture here?

How do you know what satan was thinking? I get your point about the high place, but the bible does not infer satan's intent in this way?

And the prophecies were not sealed from understanding until after the resurrection. Many of them came to be at the birth of Jesus. (or part thereof, such as Isaiah (9:6 and many more)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

How do you know what satan was thinking? I get your point about the high place, but the bible does not infer satan's intent in this way?

And the prophecies were not sealed from understanding until after the resurrection. Many of them came to be at the birth of Jesus. (or part thereof, such as Isaiah (9:6 and many more)

True but I can kind of see his point I mean satan would have made sure Jesus would not be crucified if he knew it would save us. Satan is clever He knew scripture like the back of his hand but we all know if we dont have love for God we will not understand the deep meaning of scripture.

A person has to be really familiar with the scriptures to understand that Satan was prevented from knowing ahead of time.

1Corinthians2:

But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

As far as understanding ahead of the resurrection, the disciples themselves did not know.

Luke 18:

31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:

33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

Now after the resurrection, reflecting back to what he told them in Luke 18 above, but they did not understand,  Jesus appeared to them and opened their minds to what was hid from them (as far as understanding it) before the resurrection.

Luke 24:

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

48 And ye are witnesses of these things.

Edited by douggg

A person has to be really familiar with the scriptures to understand that Satan was prevented from knowing ahead of time.

1Corinthians2:

As far as understanding ahead of the resurrection, the disciples themselves did not know.

Luke 18:

31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:

33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

Now after the resurrection, reflecting back to what he told them in Luke 18 above, but they did not understand,  Jesus appeared to them and opened their minds to what was hid from them (as far as understanding it) before the resurrection.

Luke 24:

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

48 And ye are witnesses of these things.

There are some very seasoned and very knowledgeable Christians, from all walks of life, from biblical scholars, to those who are leaders in their churches, to those who meditate and live on His word constantly filled with the Spirit, here on Worthy. So your comment in itself detracts from your post by being very condescending. Can I ask you to perhaps read what you say a few times before you post? That way there can be no misunderstandings as to your intent?

There are some very seasoned and very knowledgeable Christians, from all walks of life, from biblical scholars, to those who are leaders in their churches, to those who meditate and live on His word constantly filled with the Spirit, here on Worthy. So your comment in itself detracts from your post by being very condescending. Can I ask you to perhaps read what you say a few times before you post? That way there can be no misunderstandings as to your intent?

Ones who consider themselves the high and mighty may find it offensive.    But it is a true statement nonetheless.

Right now I got to go feed my 90 year old mother noon meal by tube feedings, every 5 hours, 4 times a day.   So pardon me if I don't get caught up in your ego games.

Edited by douggg

Ones who consider themselves the high and mighty may find it offensive.    But it is a true statement nonetheless.

Right now I got to go feed my 90 year old mother noon meal by tube feedings, every 5 hours, 4 times a day.   So pardon me if I don't get caught up in your ego games.

Here endeth the lesson in grace.