IGNORED

From my Bible study today.

During my Bible study, GOD brought these verses to my attenting, in light of my thoughts about some recent postings that I have read. "Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on in detail about visions, puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind, and not holding fast to the Head, from whom the whole body, nourished and knit together through its joints and ligaments, grows with a growth that is from God. If with Christ you died to the elemental spirits of the world, why, as if you were still alive in the world, do you submit to regulations—" Colossians 2:18-20. (ESV)

Guest Butero

Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,  And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.  Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances.  Colossians 2:18-20

I hardly recognized the passage, which is why I have typed it out from the KJV Bible.  How does this passage relate to things you have read in recent posts? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

During my Bible study, GOD brought these verses to my attenting, in light of my thoughts about some recent postings that I have read. "Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on in detail about visions, puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind, and not holding fast to the Head, from whom the whole body, nourished and knit together through its joints and ligaments, grows with a growth that is from God. If with Christ you died to the elemental spirits of the world, why, as if you were still alive in the world, do you submit to regulations—" Colossians 2:18-20. (ESV)

Hmmm  :39:  Interesting Parker.....

Guest Butero

Hmmm  :39:  Interesting Parker.....

But what does he mean?  :noidea:

Guest Butero

insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on in detail about visions,

Do you think it is wrong to discuss dreams and visions? 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on in detail about visions,

I tell of my visions sometimes im sorry if I offend you but who here speaks of angel worship?

I'm not offended. It doesn't matter if I think it wrong or not to discuss dreams and visions. I simply posted scripture; let everyone receive their own interpretation/revelation. GOD, after all, is the ONE who brought the verses to my attention.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

I'm not offended. It doesn't matter if I think it wrong or not to discuss dreams and visions. I simply posted scripture; let everyone receive their own interpretation/revelation. GOD, after all, is the ONE who brought the verses to my attention.

The issue is no one knows the point its seems like you are implying something. are you saying you posted and with no intention intended allowed everyone to decide what it meant? because if you were not implying something something we have no idea what the pont of the scripture is

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings fire-heart..........

I think it is pretty clear that it was directed towards your recent posts as he did say it was in light of recent posts of dreams & visions......unless we are all crazy then I would think he has doubt about what to make of these things & that is the implication?,,,,,,,unless I am way off base here but I don't really think so................okay,so everyone can apply the Scripture or not...Isn't it easier to say "hey fire-heart,,,,what do you make of this?"

But I find the majority in these forums will either put up someones quote,imply or insinuate rather than directly address his very own Brother in Christ.............................to each his own,don't take it personal Brother

With love-in Christ,Kwik