• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

So what do you think? should we take medicine which is man made with chemicals and bad side affects or rely on Gods healing hand? I take medicine to stay alive but i would rather rely on Gods healing I just never got an answer

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

So what do you think? should we take medicine which is man made with chemicals and bad side affects or rely on Gods healing hand? I take medicine to stay alive but i would rather rely on Gods healing I just never got an answer

God put doctors,pharmacists and medications in our world for our benefit.In the 1800's thousands of people were dieing from illnesses that are now taken care of very easily by these medications.If you were a diabetic and you refused to take insulin you would probably die.We pray for God's healing hand on us.But we praise and thank God for the healing medications He has made available to us.I am all for going the natural route when it is possible.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

God works through medicine and Drs. as well as through healing.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings fire-heart

Both or either,depending on what you are lead to do through prayer & asking for direction................God can miraculously heal without any other thing or He can do so through the hands of a doctor or through medicines ,pharmacutical ,herbal,holistic,homeopathic......................it is so important we lay everything at His feet,& listen for that Still,Small Voice.................if you have not heard anything I would say your common sense is God given

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Guest Butero

I believe that God gives people the knowledge to come up with different types of medicine.  I take medicine for high blood pressure and acid reflux.  I can tell you I feel much better when I take them than when I don't.  Pray about your conditions, and if God heals you, then you can go off your medications.  Unless that happens, I would advise you to stay on them. 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Paul in the epistles urged someone (I think timothy) to take a bit of wine for his stomach trouble. That is practicing medicine. Luke who wrote 2 books of the bible was a doctor and at no point are we told that he had to give up his practice. In the old testament, medical practices are mentioned and they are not mentioned as sinful. 

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I would much rather take chemicals when God does not heal otherwise.

Our friend did not have insurance so she took unproven, ineffective homeopathic remedies for her cancer instead of going to the ER to get effective meds, however bad, when she discovered the lump in her breast. It grew to the size of a baseball without chemo. She finally went to ER and got chemo, but by that time she was indigent due to her health; yet the previous year's income was high enough that she did not qualify for much aide. God was gracious to partly heal her at one point while she could no longer take chemo and it was the size of a golf ball. It shrank to pea sized within a week. But state free health care failed to do surgery but instead closed the only hospital accessable by bus. So it metasticised and spread to brain, lungs and bones. She died 2 years ago.

So she had tried all 3. God's healing was the most effective when her family at a reunion layed hands on her and prayed for her, but He did not erradicate it. Chemo did reduce it. Homeopathic did nothing. And needed surgery was not authorized by the state of Colorado due to her previous income. She did not yet qualify for medicare. So she moved in with family in a distant state where she died. A free health clinic did provide her with narcotics which barely touched the pain.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I've been interested in divine healing for at least 25 years.  There used to be a man who had a healing ministry and I went to hear him about 6 times.  Once this man said if you are on meds for a serious illness, don't stop taking them unless you have been able to at least get the common cold healed with your faith. 

This is a bit of a confusing topic. Almost every time Jesus healed someone He told the person it was their own faith that healed them. But I think it's obvious that Jesus being the Son of God had something to do with it.  Even the healing minister I used to listen to, often said he doesn't heal anyone. He said God heals us, and he also said his prayers were no different than ours. This is the mystery. Most of us never saw someone healed by our prayers, but this man saw many people healed by his prayers. He also saw many people who didn't get healed.

So I have a theory on all this. The Holy Spirit, which is the power of God, was with Jesus stronger than anyone else. Even just touching the clothes of Jesus made that power available to you, if you had the faith to accept it. Every time I went to hear that healing minister, something happened that I know was the presence of the Holy Spirit. So even though he denied it, I believe the Holy Spirit was present with that minister in a stronger way than I ever experienced anywhere else. But we still need the faith to allow the Holy Spirit to do a work in us.  I also think there are exceptions to this where God makes something happen regardless of us.  One thing I know is we can never put God in a box and say this is How He works, and this is what He will always do.  The only thing God will always do is what He wants to do.  He is supreme.  

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,326
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

Hi fire-heart,

I think there is a difference between acting in faith, and operating in faith. Both are legitimate, but the Bible only promises supernatural power to those actually operating in faith.

As Christians, we know through teaching and Biblical research that people operating in faith will act and think and speak a certain way. And so, part of our sanctification is to train ourselves so that our behaviour comes into agreement with scripture. But there is a difference between acting like we have faith, and actually operating in miracle faith (i.e supernatural certainty – “with no doubting(James 1:6)). Miracle faith is an absolute measure – so that even the smallest amount can yield massive, supernatural results.

19 Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, “Why could we not cast it out?”

20 So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.” (Matthew 17:19-20)

If one is operating in faith, the “mountain” will move; i.e. physical healing will manifest. If there is no physical manifestation of healing, then continue to act in faith – and take your meds – till such a time as either faith reveals, or the meds fix you up. Acting in faith makes you more receptive to the operation of faith - when it manifests. Words, thoughts and actions have power in themselves – so acting in faith has its own benefits.

Also, one should not be offended by the implication of lacking miracle faith. We exist in a world that conditions us to consider the supernatural with suspicion – which directly undermines miracle faith. It is hard to set aside doubts in the face of contrary observations.

“faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen” (Hebrews 11:1)

We should also be cautious not to fall into pride; i.e. not taking medication because it may imply a lack of faith to the uninformed – we lose a lot of Christians that way. I have yet to see God glorified through Christians dying unnecessarily from treatable disease.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

This is such an interesting topic.

One testimony from Heidi Baker always sticks with me, there was a girl who was blind and needed a specific surgery. Blind eyes opening are very common in her ministry. They prayed and prayed, and instead of God healing her, He miraculously provided the money she needed for the surgery. I've heard of  doctors who practice medicine and prayer and see results from both.

On the other side, you have old school anointed people like John G Lake, who was convinced that medicine was from the devil and that every believer has access to divine healing. Whether or not he's right, he had fruit from his life. What he believed manifested every where he went.  he had some of the most amazing miracle testimonies and the fruit of his life speaks loud. I'm blessed to know someone whose parents were ordained by him and she grew up in his ministry and hearing her testimonies of him will blow your mind.

I personally believe God uses divine healing and medicine. Both are important and from Him, I do, however, believe that some people, like John G Lake, was called to rely completely on the Lord for healing and the power in his life backed him up, but I don't believe that's for everyone. If anyone is on medication or needs medical attention don't stop until it's verified that you are healed, or you hear clearly from the Lord to stop.