• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Lake had some iffy views. 

These statements by John G. Lake are found in John G. Lake, His Life, His Sermons, His Boldness of Faith, 1995, Kenneth Copeland Publications

”The power of God, the Holy Ghost, is the Spirit of Dominion.  It makes one a god.” (Page 13)

“I want you to hear what Jesus said about himself.  God was in Christ, wasn’t He?  An incarnation.  God is in you, an incarnation, if you were born again.  You are incarnate"  (Ibid. page 196)

Some other things I read out there talk about how he would talk to his dead wife etc. How there are multiple stories about the same event which contradict each other. But the above statements, direct quotes from him, are rather disturbing. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

These statements by John G. Lake are found in John G. Lake, His Life, His Sermons, His Boldness of Faith, 1995, Kenneth Copeland Publications

”The power of God, the Holy Ghost, is the Spirit of Dominion.  It makes one a god.” (Page 13)

“I want you to hear what Jesus said about himself.  God was in Christ, wasn’t He?  An incarnation.  God is in you, an incarnation, if you were born again.  You are incarnate"  (Ibid. page 196)

Some other things I read out there talk about how he would talk to his dead wife etc. How there are multiple stories about the same event which contradict each other. But the above statements, direct quotes from him, are rather disturbing. 

I too have a problem with John G Lake teachings

I am of the opinion that the message in the Gospel is not something just about physical healing.

The blood of Christ is what saves us from sin and I don’t believe that HE died on the cross to give us spectacular miracles in our present day church.

A physical miracle is only temporary; a spiritual miracle lasts for ever. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I too have a problem with John G Lake teachings

I am of the opinion that the message in the Gospel is not something just about physical healing.

The blood of Christ is what saves us from sin and I don’t believe that HE died on the cross to give us spectacular miracles in our present day church.

A physical miracle is only temporary; a spiritual miracle lasts for ever. 

He actually teaches that Christ died to save us from sin and He empowers us to walk righteously.  He viewed sickness and disease as being from the devil brought in from the fall and that healing was included in salvation.

I didn't reference him to debate his theology though, just wanted to post someone with a different concerning medicine. I don't agree with all his theology either. I do know that with the friend I mentioned, her parents were athiests and her dad was dying of some type of cancer. On his death bed, John G Lake came to his house randomly and prayed for him and he was healed instantly. Her parents became believers.  

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

God put all the doctors, medicines, nurses, etc in the world to provide us with healing and when we take medicines, God blesses it with his healing powers kind of like God blesses our food to let it nourish our bodies.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

God put all the doctors, medicines, nurses, etc in the world to provide us with healing and when we take medicines, God blesses it with his healing powers kind of like God blesses our food to let it nourish our bodies.

I can agree with this.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Tristen, Now that you mention it, I remember learning about operating in faith, and acting in faith. I think there was another teaching related to this. It was about different kinds of faith. There's our human faith, and that's when we act in faith, and we can see results like this. But then there was God faith, and this is when we operate in faith. This is when we see the really big impressive healing miracles. The problem was God has to give a person this kind of faith. Although I think it can also come from a person who has it. Maybe. What I also find interesting is when God gives this gift the person's denomination means nothing. The person's relationship to Jesus means everything. I'm saying this because in the past year I have learned a little about a Catholic named Padre Pio. I was surprised to learn he did the same miraculous things the best protestant faith healers did. He even made many of the same statements Charismatic healers made. Proving once again, God does as God pleases. We don't even deserve to have God look at us, much less give us gifts. But He does, and that's why I said we should never try to put God in a box. He is the potter and we are His clay. All the glory belongs to Him. Amen