• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/21/1945

Based on what I have read, I believe that a moderate amount of alcohol is cardio-protective. For men the right amount is two drinks a day and for women one drink a day. It has the same effect regardless if it is two beers, two glasses of wine or two shots of distilled spirits for men. I drink one or two shots of some kind of distilled spirits every night before I go to bed. It helps me to get to sleep which is an added benefit.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I expected mixed answers when I posted this thread and that's what I got. Thanks for all your answers. Please carry on though, it's interesting.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Trust

O LORD, thou hast searched me and known me.

Thou knowest my sitting down and my rising up,

thou dost understand my thoughts from afar.

Thou hast girded my walk and my rest, and hast prepared all my ways.

For the word is not even upon my tongue,

and, behold, O LORD, thou dost know it altogether.

Thou hast formed my face and my insides and laid thine hand upon me. 

Thy knowledge is wonderful beyond my ability to comprehend;

it is high, I cannot understand it. Psalms 139:1-6

It's The Loving Thing To Do

See, God has come to save me. I will trust in him and not be afraid.

The Lord God is my strength and my song;

he has given me victory.” Isaiah 12:2 (NLT)

~

I expected mixed answers when I posted this thread and that's what I got. Thanks for all your answers. Please carry on though, it's interesting.

:thumbsup:

Something To Consider

Woe unto them that rise up early in the morning, that they may follow strong drink; that continue until night, till wine inflame them! Isaiah 5:11

Or Not

Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts. Proverbs 31:6

~

As For Me, The LORD Took It Out Of My Hands Thirty Seven Years Ago

Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my meditation.
Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray.
My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
Psalms 5:1-3

And By His Grace I Will Not Take It Up Again

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17

So Now I'm A Teetotaler

As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. Psalms 103:12

How About That~!

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Psalms 103:1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  212
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,691
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

my pastor doesnt consider someone who gets drunk once or twice a drunkard. A drunkard would be someone who makes getting drunk a habit and are consist with getting drunk. But if a person gets drunk once or something they wouldnt be considered a drunkard to me either. Getting drunk is not okay its sin as the Bible says. but getting drunk once or twice a month or a year isnt a drunkard. Drunkard is a lifestyle I would say not a once a time thing.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

People are forgetting an important part of that verse.

And do not be drunk with wine, in which is excess, but be filled with the Spirit,

While having a drink may not be a sin, being drunk can inhibit how you hear or are filled with the Spirit. At what point does that happen with each person?

Having said that, I do have a glass of wine now and then, or a glass of sherry. Its quite infrequent though. I go through a bottle of sherry every couple of years. Wine is usually only at thanksgiving and Christmas. 

I have had my share of times talking to that big white phone in the past   :laughing:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone!

Oh Jade,you are too funny,,,,you will appreciate this (going through a bottle in 2 yrs).Last Sunday,after church I cuddled up on the couch in hopes of watching some good movies because I haven't been feeling the greatest....I was so content ,indeed there was some good movies to watch & I made a beautiful pasta dish for dinner & decided I was even going to have a nice glass of Cabernet Sauvignon .......I got all cozy'd up for dinner & took a sip of VINEGAR!!!!!! Jade,it was probably a year ago I last had a glass of wine,it was opened so long ago that it turned-lol

Anyway,I don't see anything wrong with a glass of wine with dinner or a mixed drink at a cocktail party or a beer at a friends \house but to drink just for the sake of drinking ,,,,nope,no good.Yes Oakwood,I do think we should always be sober & alert

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.      1 Peter 5:8

With love-in Christ,Kwik

I would like to add that a person should really consider their reason for drinking,if they seem to think they need to unwind or relax I would say that reading Gods Word & meditating on the Lord and spending time with Him gives a much better Peace that surpasses all understanding without altering ones state of mind..................perhaps the spirit needs a little altering

Years ago I would come home from work and start dinner after a very stressful day.I would have a glass of wine and then sit down to dinner feeling a little more relaxed.After a while that one glass of wine would not relax me as much as it used to.I would then have 1 1/2 glasses of wine while making dinner and then I would feel ok.After a while the 1 1/2 glasses of wine would not relax me so I would have two glasses of wine and then feel ok.After doing that for a couple of days I thought....."wait a minute here this is ridiculous I have a family what in the heck am I doing?".I did not do it again.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

The problem is that drinking opens a window for our spirit to be affected by the world. Examine your spirit before and after you drink and you'll see what I mean...I think.