IGNORED

Do you ever feel stupid? Small children don't.

OakWood

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I think about my life.

Do you ever think about your past? Does it make you cringe?

If you are born again, do you ever remember how proud you were? Do you remember thinking that you were so smart? Do you remember the idiotic things that you have done? Do you remember your conceit, your blundering self-centred stupidity? Embarrassing isn't it?

All the people that you hurt, all the times when you thought you were right, and all the times that you stood up trying to impress others. All the stupid mistakes that you made convincing yourself that it was somebody elses fault!

The only memories that you can treasure are those early memories of being a small child. Whatever you did wasn't embarrassing, just funny. You were too young to know the difference, but from 18 to 20 onwards, you became responsible for your own actions and you were an idiot.

I feel that way.

When you receive Jesus in your life, you are renewed. You're still an idiot, but an idiot under guidance.You still have to remember that most of your life has been wasted though. Only as a child can you excuse your follies.

That's why most of our fondest memories are our memories of childhood. It's not just nostalgia, it's harking back to a day when we were more pure. It's looking back to the days when we were blameless, when we had no responsibility.

That is why I believe that Jesus wants us to come to him as small children. If you're going to start afresh you have to become a child again.

Children are not fools.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I do regret the fact that I did not give God my life sooner.I did not grow up in a Christian family.I think I was born with anxiety.But now when I look back at those years they were very carefree.I have been told years ago to not look back in that mirror.It only brings guilt,anger and sadness.Good words I think.Like Forrest says"Stupid is as stupid does".

I do regret the fact that I did not give God my life sooner.I did not grow up in a Christian family.I think I was born with anxiety.But now when I look back at those years they were very carefree.I have been told years ago to not look back in that mirror.It only brings guilt,anger and sadness.Good words I think.Like Forrest says"Stupid is as stupid does".

No regrets BoPeep. It happened. All is forgiven. But if you're talking about regrets and I was Sinatra my song would be:

"Regrets, I have had a lot,.....  but then again...... far too many to mention (ouch, cringe)"

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Oakwood...

Did the Lord tell you what I was thinking only a few hours ago?-LOL   My brother,this is very ironic....I was driving home earlier & in the car I started looking arouind at the ball of confusion this world has become,everyone scurrying about ,rushing to get to wherever they're going,stores,buildings,construction,traffic..............and nobody is paying attention to anyone else,so many people everywhere but everyone alone in their own little self absorbed,self indulgent"each man for himself" world?????And what about God?Have they all forgotten about God?

Well,I just started to cry as I imagined God looking down at what I was seeing & nobody is looking back up at Him....and I thought"that was me "...Oh,it was a long time ago but that was me.............how much of my life was truly wasted,so self consumed,proud,vain,arrogant,selfish,greedy,just a complete idiot,a stupid Godless idiot!Where would we be without Jesus?Right there in the fancy car beside me,,,,,I smile & the person in that car looks at me as if it would cause them great pain to smile back...............Oh Lord,have Mercy on them as you did me!

Yes,Oakwood,the memories I treasure are those of my childhood,all I thought about was Jesus & everything around me seemed wonderful................my passion for Christ was pure & unadulterated and Jesus has brought me back to that simplicity,honesty.........I always pray my heart stays as a 5year old...............And we loved everyone first,we trusted,we had blind faith,,,,unscathed by corruption,prior to hurt,harm,wickedness,evil(the world)

I am so glad to be born again but it is sad that so much time I wasted...............Praise & Glory to God,thats probably why I never feel like I can do enough to serve the Lord,,,so much time to make up for-LOL God Bless us all & Bless the Lord for all He does & all He is! 

With love-in Christ,Kwik

No regrets BoPeep. It happened. All is forgiven. But if you're talking about regrets and I was Sinatra my song would be:

"Regrets, I have had a lot,.....  but then again...... far too many to mention (ouch, cringe)"

Me too.Ouch is right.But remember God not only forgives us He forgets our sins.Not that is very very hard for a human to do.

Blessings Oakwood...

Did the Lord tell you what I was thinking only a few hours ago?-LOL   My brother,this is very ironic....I was driving home earlier & in the car I started looking arouind at the ball of confusion this world has become,everyone scurrying about ,rushing to get to wherever they're going,stores,buildings,construction,traffic..............and nobody is paying attention to anyone else,so many people everywhere but everyone alone in their own little self absorbed,self indulgent"each man for himself" world?????And what about God?Have they all forgotten about God?

Well,I just started to cry as I imagined God looking down at what I was seeing & nobody is looking back up at Him....and I thought"that was me "...Oh,it was a long time ago but that was me.............how much of my life was truly wasted,so self consumed,proud,vain,arrogant,selfish,greedy,just a complete idiot,a stupid Godless idiot!Where would we be without Jesus?Right there in the fancy car beside me,,,,,I smile & the person in that car looks at me as if it would cause them great pain to smile back...............Oh Lord,have Mercy on them as you did me!

Yes,Oakwood,the memories I treasure are those of my childhood,all I thought about was Jesus & everything around me seemed wonderful................my passion for Christ was pure & unadulterated and Jesus has brought me back to that simplicity,honesty.........I always pray my heart stays as a 5year old...............And we loved everyone first,we trusted,we had blind faith,,,,unscathed by corruption,prior to hurt,harm,wickedness,evil(the world)

I am so glad to be born again but it is sad that so much time I wasted...............Praise & Glory to God,thats probably why I never feel like I can do enough to serve the Lord,,,so much time to make up for-LOL God Bless us all & Bless the Lord for all He does & all He is! 

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Yeah, well. Even a lifetime of wasted time is miniscule compared to eternity, so it doesn't matter too much. As long as you realise that you've wasted your life, I guess it doesn't matter now. I wasted most of my life so we're not the only ones.

But you're right. We're all 5 year olds anyway. Let's just not forget that.

Blessings Oakwood...

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Yeah, well. Even a lifetime of wasted time is miniscule compared to eternity, so it doesn't matter too much. As long as you realise that you've wasted your life, I guess it doesn't matter now. I wasted most of my life so we're not the only ones.

But you're right. We're all 5 year olds anyway. Let's just not forget that.

This is just a short journey we are taking.I am in the passengers seat,God is in the drivers seat.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Good Morning My Peeps!

Good Morning & God Bless your sweet soul,my Sister,,,,Amen! Yes,our lives are but a vapor(James 4:14)....................tell you the truth,I would never have imagined I would see over half a century,where did the time go?It just vanished

I'll jump in the back seat & ride with you Sis!You know I love ya.........................Praise the Lord!

Glory to God.......Kwik

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

June the second, 2013, while coming from an Alaskan Cruise and on the way to my brothers in Portland, I decided to take one of my largest suitcases and put it in the car.....   I was extremely tired and was not getting around very well from an old military injury.....   On the way while pulling this 75 pound suitcase with my right hand, I reached in my pocket with my left hand to get my car keys.....    as usual with I've gotten tired my toe on my left shoe didn't come off the ground and I hit a crack in the sidewalk and simply very quickly bounced my nead off the concrete.....

First thing in my mind was the last thing my wife had said as I closed the door....   "Why don't you take that out in the morning when you are not so tired?"

hand went numb from the wrist forward and I couldn't move my wrist......

and you ask me if I've ever felt stupid....

Then the real kicker while in the ER getting exrays my wife says and I quote....."I told you to wait"

yeah......   I've felt stupid before..