The First Death

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

Well i believe in an old earth, there is so much evidence to support it. When god said to Adam if you eat the fruit in that day you will surely die, Adam and eve both ate but they didn't die physicly but spiritually. So from that context it looks like god is talking about spiritual death not physical. So if that is the case life could of existed for a very long time before god made Adam and eve and there still wouldn't be a contradiction between faith and science.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/05/1997

So I've always wondered how Christians can reconcile their faith with science with science totally contradicts the message of the bible. 

it's not science in general. it's some part of science.

it's not science against christianity. 

science is tooooo large to generalise.

without science, we would still live in the stone age.

Guest shiloh357

Science is not at odds with the Bible.   Scientists with an atheistic worldview who demand that science must be limited to an atheistic paradigm are at odds with the Bible and they interpret the evidence within that paradigm.  They have put an artificial or imaginary wedge between science and the Bible.  Unfortunately, to many Christians, who fear man more than God, have chosen to believe scientists and their claims over what the Bible claims.

I personally like to believe thousands of scientists over a book that is about 1600 years old and even is composed by humans. you know there were other evangelics wich say different things but were not selected for the bible.

i have more faith and believe in recent tons and tons of evidences wich is approved by all people i know in real life.

(there are even trees that are older than what the age of the earth would be according to creationist calculations: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oldest_trees . this is proved with the carbon 14 technique, wich even we learn and understand in school.)

• 3 weeks later...

what or who is/are irreconciliable?

Edited by Schouwenaars

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  249
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

Romans 8:

18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

19 For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God.

20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope;

21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now.

The creation was redeemed at the cross, and awaits re-glorification upon His return.

I've wondered whether "subjected to futility", above, refers to entropy. Imagine a world without it, if you can!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

This is an old post .  . . but just in case you get back to it: 

I go for the old earth since I do not believe in 7 '24 hour' days.  It wasn't until the 3rd day that we got the sun.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

I personally like to believe thousands of scientists over a book that is about 1600 years old and even is composed by humans. you know there were other evangelics wich say different things but were not selected for the bible.

i have more faith and believe in recent tons and tons of evidences wich is approved by all people i know in real life.

(there are even trees that are older than what the age of the earth would be according to creationist calculations: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oldest_trees . this is proved with the carbon 14 technique, wich even we learn and understand in school.)

Scientists are always adjusting their views. I believe science supports creationism more than evolution.

As for the trees, these so-called "older" trees are a bit further up the slope than the younger ones. In their elevated position, the weather and the soil is less susceptible to good growth conditions. Did you ever wonder why trees do the absolute best (oldest trees on earth) in the absolute worst conditions?  Yet trees a bit further down the slope in healthier conditions die off earlier??

The higher trees are completely starved of precipitation between each rain/snowfall and the soil on the higher slopes of the White mountains has particularly low ability to maintain moisture. ie the Bristlecone Pine trees in the White Mountains that show the most growth rings are in extreme conditions when growth completely stops between each precipitation and they therefore demonstrate multiple rings per year. This is so obvious yet as usual scientist refuse to adjust their earlier date estimates, clinging desperately onto their illogical logic that deprived trees would survive the longest. 

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/21/1952

Adam was not the first to sin, Lucifer did. If the earth was cursed because of Adam's sin, what happen to the earth when Lucifer sinned? He did rule on earth, in which he said "I will ascend above the clouds" You can not ascend above the clouds unless you are first under the clouds.

Edited by CurtisCWilson