• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Gen 1:26
(26)  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

1Th 5:23
(23)  And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

we are made of spirit, soul and body; we are made in God's image:

Spirit -                                                    God the Father 
Soul (mind, will and emotions of God) -       God the Holy Spirit
Body -                                                    God the Son, Jesus

we tend to see God in three ways:

Creator God - Father
God with us today (since Jesus ascended) - Holy Spirit
God that walked among us as a man, our Example in the flesh - Jesus, Son of God and Son of man

there is much debate about this doctrine in the body of Christ today; you may find Clarke's commentary on 1John 5:7 to be somewhat helpful 

and then there's this to consider:

Isa 45:21
(21)  Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

Edited by disciplehelovestoo

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi redroses42,

A very deep question. And I have appreciated reading all the comments. My thoughts are to do with music which I love to play. When tuning some notes you have to open the lid of the piano & tune 3 nobs on strings that are connected to  one note. Each nob of that string has to be in tune for the one note to give the right sound. So to me - 3 strings for One note = harmony. God in 3 persons but One harmonious Godhead.

The word `one,` signifies unity which is - unanimity (one-mindedness) equality, & unity.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

It's confusing alright, but try this:  We are also a part of "the One".  I am "in Christ" right now.  Also, all other Christians are in the same body I am in.  Getting stranger?  I was also 'in Christ' when He died; therefore, I already died.  Luckily I was also 'in Him' when He arose from the dead. 

It seems off topic, maybe, but it helps me to understand how 3 can be 1, since the many are also 1.  Hope this helps. 

Guest shiloh357

It is important to note that, "Father, Son and Holy Spirit" are not three parts of God.  They are not three manifestations of God.  They are three Persons and God is all three at the same time and is yet one being.   Nothing in our human experience serves as an analogy for that.

Guest shiloh357

It's confusing alright, but try this:  We are also a part of "the One".  I am "in Christ" right now.  Also, all other Christians are in the same body I am in.  Getting stranger?  I was also 'in Christ' when He died; therefore, I already died.  Luckily I was also 'in Him' when He arose from the dead. 

It seems off topic, maybe, but it helps me to understand how 3 can be 1, since the many are also 1.  Hope this helps. 

We are not part of "the One."  That is not biblical.  We were not in Christ when He died.  We are only put into Christ when we are saved.  You were not in Him when He rose from the dead.  Sorry but that is just not biblical.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

Please help me understand the Trinity in simple language so I will be able to understand....is Jesus God....God is one  how is he three individual beings and

be one person...how is three ..one..  please help me understand it's important to me

Thankyou....Maggie

How can the created one understand the creator?  I will share this with you, for what it is worth.  Jesus personally told me he is God.

Please help me understand the Trinity in simple language so I will be able to understand....is Jesus God....God is one  how is he three individual beings and

be one person...how is three ..one..  please help me understand it's important to me

Thank you....Maggie

How can the created one understand the creator?  I will share this with you, for what it is worth.  Jesus personally told me he is God.

:thumbsup:

The Bible Tells The Whole World

And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Matthew 3:16-17

Jesus Is

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

God

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

We are not part of "the One."  That is not biblical.  We were not in Christ when He died.  We are only put into Christ when we are saved.  You were not in Him when He rose from the dead.  Sorry but that is just not biblical.

I agree that we are not a part of the One which is God. Although we are 'in Christ' we are not part of the One God. We are not God.

Gal 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me

The resurrection coincides with the new birth or becoming a new creation. The new creation is Christ who lives in me.  

So, there is a biblical argument which says, although we live long after Jesus time on earth, we were still crucified with Him, and because of His resurrection, we were resurrected into a new life.  It goes along with how could Jesus die for our sins, when we committed our sins long after He died for sin. Time does not exclude us from participating in what He did for us.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

Thankyou....Maggie

I will try and answer your question if you will answer mine. Is a husband and wife two or are they one. Please answer from the Bible and supply verses to me that convince me one way or the other. When children talk of their parents do they speak of the unity of mother and father or separately?

Thanks.

In Christ, Pat

Guest shiloh357

I agree that we are not a part of the One which is God. Although we are 'in Christ' we are not part of the One God. We are not God.

Gal 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me

The resurrection coincides with the new birth or becoming a new creation. The new creation is Christ who lives in me.  

So, there is a biblical argument which says, although we live long after Jesus time on earth, we were still crucified with Him, and because of His resurrection, we were resurrected into a new life.  It goes along with how could Jesus die for our sins, when we committed our sins long after He died for sin. Time does not exclude us from participating in what He did for us.

There is a difference between saying that we are crucified with  Christ and that we were in Christ when He died and that we are in Christ when He was raised.  Don't confuse concepts.   I was not in Jesus when He died.  I am, today, crucified with Christ in the sense that Identify with him in His death and in His resurrection (Phil. 3)