• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2nd Thessalonians 2:10-11

Does this apply for all time, or is it specifically referring to the End Times? Are we seeing this happening now?

The reason that I ask, is because I occasionally speak to people who are non-believers. I'm not talking about your average non-believer, but people who hate God so much that they seem to have lost all rationality. They will blatantly tell lies about things, but I honestly think that they are not even aware of it. You can show them something and they will claim that it is the opposite.

Their grasp of reality is apparently non-existent too. It's as if they live on a different planet. They revel in defending the indefensible and they attack anything that is virtuous.

It's as if they are mentally ill, yet in everyday life they function normally and are otherwise rational (even very intelligent) as long as you stay away from the subjects of faith, politics or morals. As soon as you start discussing such things they become insane again.

Not only will they lie but they will even contradict themselves without realising that there is any contradiction.

Is this because they hate God and love pleasure so much that God has put a mental block inside their heads?

Is this what the above passage really means?

Guest Butero

I think they do this on purpose.  They don't want to consider the possibility God is real, because they would rather believe they are animals so they don't have to think about the eternal consequences of their actions.  It is self-delusion.  I do think this may be in part what the scripture is speaking of. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,097
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Oak

I agree with Butero ,also that "yes" they hate God that much and yes it is happening right now..........we cannot ever forget that Gods Word is so clear that if you are not serving Him,you are serving satan.....................satan has influenced them so much that they do not see that they are blinded by "the god of this world"......................I think the enemy is the strong delusion that God allows

With love in Christ,Kwik

Blessings Oak

I agree with Butero ,also that "yes" they hate God that much and yes it is happening right now..........we cannot ever forget that Gods Word is so clear that if you are not serving Him,you are serving satan.....................satan has influenced them so much that they do not see that they are blinded by "the god of this world"......................I think the enemy is the strong delusion that God allows

With love in Christ,Kwik

It's just that it's happening more and more. It never used to be this bad. This has to be a sign that we are approaching the End Times.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,097
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

It's just that it's happening more and more. It never used to be this bad. This has to be a sign that we are approaching the End Times.

Oak,I think we are experiencing the birth pains of the Beginning of Sorrows but every generation that has passed thinks  they are very near end times..................who knows?Only God knows for sure............

Love you,Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

I think it is about time to see things like this. I look at it that Israel became a nation in 1948. God gave 120 year life span (generation)

I see todays generation as the last.

side note from 1948 to 2014 is 66 years; my personal belief is at most we have 54 years left in this generation. and we are told God

most likely will cut that short. Matt 24:22 so probably less than 54 years.

I think it is about time to see things like this. I look at it that Israel became a nation in 1948. God gave 120 year life span (generation)

side note from 1948 to 2014 is 66 years; my personal belief is at most we have 54 years left in this generation. and we are told God

You could also argue that Israel didn't become a nation until 1967 because that's when she got Jerusalem back which is more official in God's eyes than any U.N. recognition. However, not to split hairs, I think we are in the last generation too.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

You could also argue that Israel didn't become a nation until 1967 because that's when she got Jerusalem back which is more official in God's eyes than any U.N. recognition. However, not to split hairs, I think we are in the last generation too.

Yes it could be either date for sure. I was just reading another thread about Christians being mistreated in so many countries and the US was not on the list and should be. christians have had a good run for a very long time and I see that good time ending very soon. Jesus told us we would be persecuted and I see that now taking place on a fairly large scale.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Without God our spirit is dead.  We become so consumed in our flesh, it's all we see.  I think the strong delusion is what happens as a result.  We think we are alive because we breathe and move around, not knowing we are completely dead inside.

Without God our spirit is dead.  We become so consumed in our flesh, it's all we see.  I think the strong delusion is what happens as a result.  We think we are alive because we breathe and move around, not knowing we are completely dead inside.

Yes, that's probably about the size of it.