• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

I'm talking about un-fallen angels who live in heaven and are sent on assignments/missions to earth on God's business.  I have heard differing viewpoints on this topic.  Some say we are in authority and can command them at will, others say that angels are in authority over us and we must obey them whatever they say/do.  Some say they have free will; others say they don't.  I have heard testimonies of protection, assistance in prayer and other miracles.  I don't really what to think except upon what scripture says.  Who are they?  What are they?  How must we relate to them?  Do we each have a personal 'guardian angel' as some say?  Do they have free will or not?

Your input is most welcome :)

Blessings!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

I'm talking about un-fallen angels who live in heaven and are sent on assignments/missions to earth on God's business.  I have heard differing viewpoints on this topic.  Some say we are in authority and can command them at will, others say that angels are in authority over us and we must obey them whatever they say/do.  Some say they have free will; others say they don't.  I have heard testimonies of protection, assistance in prayer and other miracles.  I don't really what to think except upon what scripture says.  Who are they?  What are they?  How must we relate to them?  Do we each have a personal 'guardian angel' as some say?  Do they have free will or not?

Your input is most welcome :)

Blessings!

I have heard several stories from my elders on this and with what I read in the Bible. I would say yes they have free will in Heaven. I would also say when on a mission from God their free will can not override Gods will. As for commanding (I Corin 6:3) them we will not be able to do that until we reach heaven. As for angels having authority over us I say not so. I think angels are just messengers not the authority God is the authority. see Heb 1:13-14 and Heb 2:9. Also Matt 18:10 would make one think kids at least have guardian angels maybe adults. It might be kids have one until old enough to decide on their on. It might be when that age is reached if you choose not to follow God you loose the guardian and it might be if you choose to follow God you keep the guardian.

Im sure you will see post from others with more knowledge than I. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Thanks coheir; lots to think about :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

The word tells us that we should be kind and helpful towards strangers for we dp not know that they could be angels..... so yes there are angels and they appear to be much like us....

We do not have authority over any angels, good or fallen. It is the Holy Spirit within us that has power over them.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

God's Blessings to you Zion :mgcheerful:

Scripture tells us that the angels are a part of God's plan Hebrews 13:2.We do not know how often angels allow themselves to be seen by people.

1) Angels can instruct people Genesis 16:9

2) Help people Daniel 6:22

3) Deliver messages to people Luke 1:35

4) Appear in visions and dreams Daniel 10:13

5) Protect people Exodus 23:20

6) Help carry out God's plan

Angels have an individuality and some have names and all have different responsibilities.There is an angelic hierarchy.

They can walk among us doing God's will.It is very possible today that a person has met or seen an angel without realizing it.It is very important to know that angels are not to be Glorified or worshipped.

Angels are only mentioned in the Bible as the masculine gender (he).

There are "elect" angels.These angels are the ones who did not follow Satan.

Yes,angels do have free will.They might have the ability to sin but that does not mean they will sin.

We as believers and the Church will judge the angels and the world 1 Corinthians 6:2-3.The fallen angels will be judged by God  Isaiah 24:21-22;2 Peter 2:4.

We as children of God will be given a higher power than the angels.We are not only created in God's image,but redeemed by Christ Galatians 3:13;1Peter 2:9.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

God's Blessings to you Zion :mgcheerful:

Scripture tells us that the angels are a part of God's plan Hebrews 13:2.We do not know how often angels allow themselves to be seen by people.

1) Angels can instruct people Genesis 16:9

2) Help people Daniel 6:22

3) Deliver messages to people Luke 1:35

4) Appear in visions and dreams Daniel 10:13

5) Protect people Exodus 23:20

6) Help carry out God's plan

Angels have an individuality and some have names and all have different responsibilities.There is an angelic hierarchy.

They can walk among us doing God's will.It is very possible today that a person has met or seen an angel without realizing it.It is very important to know that angels are not to be Glorified or worshipped.

Angels are only mentioned in the Bible as the masculine gender (he).

There are "elect" angels.These angels are the ones who did not follow Satan.

Yes,angels do have free will.They might have the ability to sin but that does not mean they will sin.

We as believers and the Church will judge the angels and the world 1 Corinthians 6:2-3.The fallen angels will be judged by God  Isaiah 24:21-22;2 Peter 2:4.

We as children of God will be given a higher power than the angels.We are not only created in God's image,but redeemed by Christ Galatians 3:13;1Peter 2:9.

This seems pretty much spot on. imo. 

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

You might do a study of angels in the first chapter of Hebrews, and the second chapter to verse 10. Write down each verse that speaks of them and then those that speak of Christ. I believe that some of their duties have now been taken over by the Holy Spirit to teach us and guide us. The only two named in the Bible are Michael, the archangel who watches over Israel, and Gabriel the messenger. But even after the coming of the Holy Spirit they were being sent to speak to Cornelius in a dream in acts 10, then an unbeliever who would come to believe, and to release Peter from prison in Acts 12:7. So it is clear that they are ministering servents of all those chosen by God to believe. Hebrews 1:14 Are they not all MINISTERING SPIRITS SENT FORTH TO MINISTER FOR THOSE WHO WILL INHERIT SALVATION? NKJV

I know many Christians who say they should have been killed in an accident but they are sure an angel intervened. Angels ministered to Jesus and restored Him to health after his fasting and temptations. Even Jesus in His humanity was made a little lower than the angels that He should die, but was put over all created things when He was raised, ascended and glorified. So certainly we are now lower than the angels in authority but will also be raised and become like Jesus now is in nature, and be made to judge the angels. But it is only those who live IN Christ who are heirs, as the first chapter of Ephesians repeats over and over.

Angels of God refuse to be worshipped but lead us to worship God. Satan and his angels demand satan to be worshipped. Satan himself is a created being, a cherub made to minister to God, who rebelled. He is not equal to God but apparently is superior in rank to Michael the archangel who would not rebuke him but asked God to do so. God will judge satan and the highest ranks of heavenly beings.

Since my understanding of such beings is limited, I tend to call all of God's angels, angels or angelic beings, as opposed to earthly beings like ouselves. Satans fallen angels are things that we have been given AUTHORITY over when we live IN Christ. His Holy Spirit is God Himself and is greater in power and authority than any demon. That is why greater is He Who is in us, than he that is in the world. Christ in us, and His love in us, is greater and more powerful than any evil. Blessed be His Name!

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

In my life time I have read a couple of unusual stories about someone who was in trouble and someone comes along to help.They never find that person again.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Funny you should mention this about visiting angels. There have been just a handful of times I have met a complete stranger and got a feeling of like butterflies in the stomach and a really pleasant feeling about them and it made me wonder if it was one.

Edited by Chris.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

angel_zps5d3dc6cf.jpg