• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Do you think if someone is dying,That they know where they are going before they die. I heard that God calls people all the way to their death bed. If that is true. If people can see hell before they die. Why on earth would people still reject that last call.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I think that everyone has been exposed to God.They have either rejected Him or excepted Him.Many do not believe that there is an eternity.They think they will die and not exist any longer.Many do not believe in a hell so they think everyone is going to heaven.I have experienced people who have a feeling they are going to die.And they do.It is a feeling that they get.Maybe God is giving them a warning.I have heard many say blasphemous words about God but deep down inside I can tell they are afraid.When someone has ever come up to me and said "I am afraid for my soul" and I have had that happen that is the time I put my arm around them and say "Lets go for a walk we need to talk".Life is full of choices some are deadly.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/24/1957

tigger398,

I think that in part this is what this particular parable is about....I do believe that OUR LORD gives everybody one last  chance to come to HIM....For it is written "GOD HAS NO PLEASURE AT THE DEATH OF A SINNER"

•  
Matthew 20

New International Version (NIV)

The Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard

20 “For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire workers for his vineyard. He agreed to pay them a denarius[a] for the day and sent them into his vineyard.

“About nine in the morning he went out and saw others standing in the marketplace doing nothing. He told them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard, and I will pay you whatever is right.’ So they went.

“He went out again about noon and about three in the afternoon and did the same thing. About five in the afternoon he went out and found still others standing around. He asked them, ‘Why have you been standing here all day long doing nothing?’

“‘Because no one has hired us,’ they answered.

“He said to them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard.’

“When evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his foreman, ‘Call the workers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last ones hired and going on to the first.’

“The workers who were hired about five in the afternoon came and each received a denarius. 10 So when those came who were hired first, they expected to receive more. But each one of them also received a denarius. 11 When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner. 12 ‘These who were hired last worked only one hour,’ they said, ‘and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.’

13 “But he answered one of them, ‘I am not being unfair to you, friend. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? 14 Take your pay and go. I want to give the one who was hired last the same as I gave you. 15 Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’

16 “So the last will be first, and the first will be last.

bopeep.....very well said sista!!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Tigger..

Praise the Lord.......I think that the Lord will show Mercy on who he will show Mercy on.......

For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.   Romans 9:15

My Aunt was going to have a very simple operation & the night before she gathered the family together & spoke as though she was not going to make it through the surgery ,she was Saved & wanted to assure all of us not to be sad because she was very happy to be going to be with the Lord...........................she died on the operating table,bled to death.I had a dear friend that lived like a hellion,he said "see you later" & was murdered....I don't believe he was thinking about dying that particular night although(long story I will cut short)1 week before he started wearing a bullet proof vest....................& then there was my cousin,he was coming home from a hockey game with his friends,,,,he got off the bus & was hit by a car crossing the street & died instantly(he had plans to marry & was waiting for his orders from the army)

We have no way of knowing how or when the Lord God will present each person with the opportunity to choose life,to choose Jesus.....be it some time just before death,at a certain point in their life,their entire life or just as their eyes close for the last time.One thing is for sure,Gods Word is true & He tells us to seek Him while He may be found & we know that He desires that none should perish....clearly everyone will be given the choice at some point but I do believe it is different for everyone....yet equal,as Our Loving Father is no respecter of persons ...................to God be the Glory,Praise & Honor!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I suspect if people saw hell before they died thered be a lot more death bed conversions. People are called by God up till they die-but as far as seeing where they go before death-not likely.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

I'm going to have to agree with Patriot on this one, Tigger.  If the unsaved could see hell before dying there WOULD be way more conversions at the last moment. 

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Our pastor has lead many to the Lord on their death beds. And I have seen the terror in the eyes of a man when he told he has only days to live. His kidneys had shut down and he was full of cancer.

I have also known a man who saw hell while he was clinically dead--his heart and breathing had stopped. But he was revived and was saved. He had been sort of a Christian but was proud and believed he was an apostle over the churches and not a servent. He may have even thought of God as his servent . Jesus showed him where he was going and he repented.

But people who have rejected Christ over and over often reject their last chance because their hearts are so hardened. So when I pray for people to be saved I pray that God soften their hearts, open their ears and eyes to the Gospel, and set them up as only He can. Our God is in the saving business. He desires all to come to repentance.

Blessings, sweetie tigger,

Willa

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Knowing where you are going and seeing it are 2 different things. I certainly didn't see anything but I knew where I would go if Jan. 10, 2007 had been my last day on earth.

When I came to and saw the ceiling of the trauma room my first thought was that heaven looked like a room in the hospital ER. When the pain that felt like my chest was on fire hit me, when people were telling me to be still, I knew I was alive.