WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.47
  • Content Count:  44,308
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

A rural New Mexico county has voted to defy the federal government and give a rancher's cattle access to a watering hole fenced off by the Forest Service in the latest dispute over federal control of public land in the U.S. West.

View the full article

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,098
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

interesing...

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,709
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

good. . .

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

then the Federal Government should withhold all federal funds going to New Mexico.  Which would really hurt that state as they receive more than 2 dollars back for every dollar paid by them in taxes.  New Mexico has the highest ratio of money from the feds vs money paid to them. 

then the Federal Government should withhold all federal funds going to New Mexico.  Which would really hurt that state as they receive more than 2 dollars back for every dollar paid by them in taxes.  New Mexico has the highest ratio of money from the feds vs money paid to them. 

They probably should anyway. Its high time the states stopped letting the federal government blackmail them out of their rights due to "public funding" In fact, New mexico should just tell the federal government to not only keep their money, but stop paying the feds taxes-I imagine once they do that they will have no problem being financially stable without the US governments assistance. In fact theyd likely do a better job as the federal government only knows how to make things worse.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

They probably should anyway. Its high time the states stopped letting the federal government blackmail them out of their rights due to "public funding" In fact, New mexico should just tell the federal government to not only keep their money, but stop paying the feds taxes-I imagine once they do that they will have no problem being financially stable without the US governments assistance. In fact theyd likely do a better job as the federal government only knows how to make things worse.

The mere fact they get back 2x the money they give the federal government I am not sure they would be all that well off if they followed your advice.

There is a school of thought lately that the state governments are somehow more responsible and better managed.  I would say there is zero empirical evidence to support this idea.  Most states have a higher degree of cronyism than does the federal government.

I think different states vary, some would be better off then others, but the federal government definetly cannot. And theres plenty of empirical proof of that. I dont know about new mexico-but states like texas, wyoming, and north dakota could all easily stand alone without government support. Many others, if they learn to run a budget could as well Since the US was set up to be state run-and not fed run, I think we need to give the states the chance and get the federal government out and let the country be run the way the founding fathers designed it to be. Perhaps many states are the way they are because they had such a "stellar" example of how to run. The feds have had their noses in to many peoples business for to long that they dont know how to run without it-its time the feds stepped back and let the states do it. I think youd be surprised at how many people-and states, can make it without having a irresponsible government in the way telling them how to spend their money.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I think different states vary, some would be better off then others, but the federal government definetly cannot. And theres plenty of empirical proof of that. I dont know about new mexico-but states like texas, wyoming, and north dakota could all easily stand alone without government support. Many others, if they learn to run a budget could as well Since the US was set up to be state run-and not fed run, I think we need to give the states the chance and get the federal government out and let the country be run the way the founding fathers designed it to be. Perhaps many states are the way they are because they had such a "stellar" example of how to run. The feds have had their noses in to many peoples business for to long that they dont know how to run without it-its time the feds stepped back and let the states do it. I think youd be surprised at how many people-and states, can make it without having a irresponsible government in the way telling them how to spend their money.

Is this a subtle call for secession?

Its a call for america to go back to bring run the way it is intended. If there's a way to do it and keep america whole I'm all for it. If it comes to secession-well I will put it this way chances are I won't be opposed to it.