GoldenEagle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

7 Things the Holy Spirit Doesn’t Do? - First Two... We can talk about the others in a seperate thread. This really made an impact on my wife and I so I figured I'd share with Worthy... Feedback?

7 Things the Holy Spirit Doesn’t Do?

By: Bas in Amsterdam

What do you think is the most important thing about you?

What you think about God is the foundation of your beliefs about life, family, identity, purpose, etc. Then your beliefs, in turn, set the course for how you live your life. In other words, your view of God affects every decision you make and every action you take.

In this post we’ll take a look at our view of the Holy Spirit. You’ll find it is often shaped by old covenant traditions rather than new covenant truths.

Seeing the Holy Spirit through the lens of grace without a mixture of law allows revelation of the Holy Spirit and His work to become clear.

Here is a list of 7 things the Holy Spirit most definitely does not do.

He does not:

1. Convict you of your sin

Jesus has forgiven all your sins – past, present, future – by the sacrifice of Himself (Heb. 9:26, 1 John 2:2). How could the Holy Spirit convict you of something that is done away with? How could He convict you of something He chooses not to remember (Heb. 10:17)?

John 16:8-10 says that the Holy Spirit convicts unbelievers of the sin of unbelief in Jesus but that He convicts you, as a believer, of your righteousness. (for more on this see – “God will not convict believers of sin!

He shows you that you are acting like someone else when you sin by convicting you of who you really are. There is a reason you sense an internal conflict when you sin. It is the Holy Spirit reminding you of who you are. Making you aware of the fact that you are not acting according to your righteous nature.

He isn’t a Fault finder who is pointing out your faults. He’s called the Comforter for a reason.

2. Empower you to strive for sanctification (or holiness)

“Just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in Him“ (Col. 2:6).

Did you fast, pray or act holy to receive Jesus?

I don’t think so.

You received His Spirit by faith, not by works (Gal. 3:14).

Just as you’ve done nothing for your justification, so you need to do nothing for your sanctification. You can’t work at your sanctification because there’s nothing you can do that can make you more sanctified.

The Holy Spirit doesn’t empower you to strive for sanctification (or holiness) through fasting, praying, acting holy etc. Rather He empowers you to rest in the fact you are already sanctified.

Trust in the fact you have been sanctified and allow Christ to live His holy life through you (Heb. 10:14).

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Excellent post.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Golden Eagle!!!

Amen..............glory be to God! I was just about to add some things & realized you are going on to 5 more things,looking forward to what else you will share!                                                                                              With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,130
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

The Holy Spirit must convict us of our sins.  We sin, we are out of fellowship with the Father.  We ask for forgiveness, we are back in fellowship with the Father.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Marv!

Good morning & God Bless you......So then you disagree with Golden Eagle,do you really believe the Holy Spirit would make us feel guilty,do you not believe that is bondage of sin condemnation?Or are you saying because we are indwelled we feefl the weight of our "flesh" warring with our spirit(or something like that?)

He does not:

Jesus has forgiven all your sins – past, present, future – by the sacrifice of Himself (Heb. 9:26, 1 John 2:2). How could the Holy Spirit convict you of something that is done away with? How could He convict you of something He chooses not to remember (Heb. 10:17)?

John 16:8-10 says that the Holy Spirit convicts unbelievers of the sin of unbelief in Jesus but that He convicts you, as a believer, of your righteousness. (for more on this see – “God will not convict believers of sin!”

Is there any Scripture that has lead you to believe this way?I am very interested in "why" you believe this.......

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Blessings Marv!

Good morning & God Bless you......So then you disagree with Golden Eagle,do you really believe the Holy Spirit would make us feel guilty,do you not believe that is bondage of sin condemnation?Or are you saying because we are indwelled we feefl the weight of our "flesh" warring with our spirit(or something like that?)

He does not:

John 16:8-10 says that the Holy Spirit convicts unbelievers of the sin of unbelief in Jesus but that He convicts you, as a believer, of your righteousness. (for more on this see – “God will not convict believers of sin!”

Is there any Scripture that has lead you to believe this way?I am very interested in "why" you believe this.......

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Kwik

Luke 6:37 - Do not judge, and you will not be judged; Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned.  Forgive, and you will be forgiven.  It is all about position.  Just look at the "Prodigal Son:, He never was not his fathers son, he always was one. Yet he was separated from his father.  The HS convicts us, reminds us, prompts us when we drift. Sometimes He uses other people to show us our fault.  He (the HS) is our comforter, our counciler. Only when we are brought back into fellowship are we again comforted.

1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.  It looks like confession of sins is a major factor in reconciliation.  The penalty of our sins has been removed, yet we are still under the curse.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Guest Butero

7 Things the Holy Spirit Doesn’t Do? - First Two... We can talk about the others in a seperate thread. This really made an impact on my wife and I so I figured I'd share with Worthy... Feedback?

7 Things the Holy Spirit Doesn’t Do?

What do you think is the most important thing about you?

What you think about God is the foundation of your beliefs about life, family, identity, purpose, etc. Then your beliefs, in turn, set the course for how you live your life. In other words, your view of God affects every decision you make and every action you take.

In this post we’ll take a look at our view of the Holy Spirit. You’ll find it is often shaped by old covenant traditions rather than new covenant truths.

Seeing the Holy Spirit through the lens of grace without a mixture of law allows revelation of the Holy Spirit and His work to become clear.

Here is a list of 7 things the Holy Spirit most definitely does not do.

He does not:

John 16:8-10 says that the Holy Spirit convicts unbelievers of the sin of unbelief in Jesus but that He convicts you, as a believer, of your righteousness. (for more on this see – “God will not convict believers of sin!

He shows you that you are acting like someone else when you sin by convicting you of who you really are. There is a reason you sense an internal conflict when you sin. It is the Holy Spirit reminding you of who you are. Making you aware of the fact that you are not acting according to your righteous nature.

He isn’t a Fault finder who is pointing out your faults. He’s called the Comforter for a reason.

2. Empower you to strive for sanctification (or holiness)

“Just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in Him“ (Col. 2:6).

Did you fast, pray or act holy to receive Jesus?

I don’t think so.

You received His Spirit by faith, not by works (Gal. 3:14).

Just as you’ve done nothing for your justification, so you need to do nothing for your sanctification. You can’t work at your sanctification because there’s nothing you can do that can make you more sanctified.

The Holy Spirit doesn’t empower you to strive for sanctification (or holiness) through fasting, praying, acting holy etc. Rather He empowers you to rest in the fact you are already sanctified.

Trust in the fact you have been sanctified and allow Christ to live His holy life through you (Heb. 10:14).

I completely disagree.  First of all, I don't believe that when you get saved, you are automatically forgiven of all future sins.  That is a doctrine taught by some, but I reject it.  I do believe the Holy Spirit convicts us of our sins.  I also believe that the Holy Spirit leads us to live a holy and sanctified lifestyle, and when we obey his leading, that is walking in the Spirit as is taught in Galatians.  If some want to believe this, fine, but it is based on a doctrinal position I don't share. 

Here are the three P's.

We have been saved from the penalty of sin.   Justification - It is a done deal

We are being saved from the power of sin.   Sanctification - on going, we are not there yet

We shall be saved from the presence of sin.  Glorification.  When we receive our new Glorified Body and when Death and Hades is thrown into the Lake of Fire.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Satan condemns us for our sins. It is destructive like being stabbed to kill us. He brings up the past and accuses us for a life long forgiven and forgotten by God.

There is a difference between this and the "conviction" of the Holy Spirit.

God points out our sin so that we can acknowledge it and have it removed from our lives. It is like surgery. It brings healing and wholeness. It brings relief like having an infected splinter or a painful boil removed.

1 John 1:8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

There are many sins in my life that I am completely oblivious to. The blood of Jesus continually cleanses me from all sin as I stay in fellowship with God and other Christians. As I am washed by the water of the Word, little by little God reveals them to remove them for my own well being. Yes I was forgiven at the cross once for all sinfulness as I turned from that life to Jesus as Savior. Yes God sanctified me to Himself and for His use. I have no need to try to be more righteous. The Holy Spirit conforms me to the likeness of Christ without my labor by changing the desires of my heart. And should I willfully commit a sin, there is also room for repentance and confession of that trangression. God restores me to fellowship as Jesus intercedes for me as my advocate. The blood of Jesus has assured me of that forgiveness. I inherit eternal life, I do not earn it.

Should a person return to habitual sin and refuse to repent, or should they change religions so denying their Savior, there is fear of eternal judgement and doubt that the person was ever truely saved. God keeps His own and chastens those He loves to yield the peacable fruit of righteousness.

So I also have to disagree that the Holy Spirit does not reveal to us a sin for its removal. We are supposed to examine and judge ourselves prior to communion so there will be no need of the Lord chastening us. We are to confess our tresspasses to one another and pray for one another that we should be healed. I agree that our true nature in Christ is a life of righteousness, and He shows us that by sinning we are being a hippocrit to our true nature. l also agree that He empowers us to live a godly life. We can enter the rest of the completed work of Christ and cease from our own works as God did from His. Heb. 4:10 We can allow Christ to live in us. AMENl

We often used different words to arrive at the same idea.