missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

87a7e45431de3d9e3986f0d766e334ba.jpgAnyone here ever watch Twilight Zone?Well,I think our world is becoming just that...... A Twilight Zone.The more of the news I read gets worse all the time.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/21/1945

I used to watch the twilight zone on television and yes, it is beginning to look we are entering the zone now ourselves.

I used to watch the twilight zone on television and yes, it is beginning to look we are entering the zone now ourselves.

About the time I think I have seen the weirdest or worst thing ever something comes along to top that  :hmmm:

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

It's a twilight zone because the battle between good and evil has turned from an ongoing but steady conflict into an all-out battle. We're all to some extent or another on the edges of this zone.

It's a twilight zone because the battle between good and evil has turned from an ongoing but steady conflict into an all-out battle. We're all to some extent or another on the edges of this zone.

Yes,that must be it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Peeps,,,

Oh yes,the Twilight Zone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,there wasn't much on at that time so there was no choice but to watch it,or not watch TV-LOL But we have entered the Twilight Zone,the strange,weird & freaky....anything goes! Problem is ,everything is pretty much acceptable nowadays,,,so what used to hide in the shadows is now stepping out into the light................

The Word of God says that hearts will wax cold & it is surely coming to pass,people have become cold & callous to everything around them,they are tolerant of evil & things that are abominable..................zombies

With love-in Christ,Kwik

I have my own hypothesis on the zombie phenomena. The characteristics of zombies would be that that have lost their feeling focus because they live in a world of images and dramatizations caused to a great extent by the media; television and the internet. They live in a world of de-personalized images and dramas of destructiveness. Another characteristic of zombies is that they are impoverished in their ability to think and to reason. Because we live in a culture of narcissism as it is called, people are unable to satisfy their basic needs for self-esteem and a sense of belonging and tend to go off in bad directions to attempt in vain to satisfy those needs.

You guys are right on.I am glad that I am not the only one who recognizes it.

Guest Butero

Sometimes when I look at the way the people in government are operating, I feel like I must be in the "Twilight Zone", or at times in whatever state the town of Hooterville is located from the series "Green Acres." 

As for the series, "Twilight Zone," at least the original series from the late 50s and early 60s, it is one of my favorite shows.  I have the entire series on DVD.  My favorite episodes come from the 4th season when they were an hour long:  "Thirty Fathom Grave," "Printer's Devil," and "Jesse Belle."  The original series had great writers, as opposed to the revival series that came out later on that were mediocre in comparison. 
"

One thing that indicates to me that we are living in the twilight zone is the mass murders that have been occurring in recent years. One in particular caught my attention; "The Dark Knight Rises" massacre that occurred in Aurora, Colorado in 2012. Imagine sitting in a theater watching a violent bat man movie and suddenly the drama appearing on the screen just bursts out into real life. People were being disabled with tear gas grenades and then being shot to pieces with semi-automatic weapons. When the police arrived the perpetrator is standing next to his car with orange dyed hair and identifying himself as the Joker, as if he were part of the batman drama. I could not imagine anything as weird and diabolical as what happened that night.