Hashe

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

What wrong understandings of God have you encountered?

How did that encourage unbiblical behaviour?

http://ontoxenos.wordpress.com/2014/05/09/bernards-advice/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I have heard some people say that "we are just like little ants on this earth.God does not care about us He has more important things to do".Ofcourse they people are not Christians.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

What wrong understandings of God have you encountered?

How did that encourage unbiblical behaviour?

http://ontoxenos.wordpress.com/2014/05/09/bernards-advice/

The message of Jesus and John the Baptist is Repent or Perish. Anything outside of that is a wrong understanding of God.

Luke 13:4-5 Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.”

Luke 3:7-9 John said to the crowds coming out to be baptized by him, “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. And do not begin to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.”

People have taken Gods love, mercy, and grace as a license for sinning.

Jude 1:4 For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

How do I view God?

Revelation 19:11-16 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.” He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:king of kings and lord of lords.

When you understand Jesus Christ is Lord God Almighty....realize all other religions are lies and insignificant and represent Satan. Your either with Jesus or Satan.

1 Corinthians 1:18-19 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written:“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/12/1979

as a best friend

I have heard some people say that "we are just like little ants on this earth.God does not care about us He has more important things to do".Ofcourse they people are not Christians.

Not ants ........grasshoppers.

Isaiah 40:22 He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,and its people are like grasshoppers.He stretches out the heavens like a canopy,and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

We started out as grasshoppers but thru Jesus we become his children ......u can't get much more caring than that.

Eternal life thru Jesus Christ.....u can't get much more caring than that.

If they are not a Christian and decide Jesus isn't the way, truth, and life.....they remain grasshoppers....eventually they will serve no purpose and will be cast into the fiery lake of burning sulpher for not recognizing his Son

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I have been told that my own testamony of how I relate to God is very immature and completely wrong. She told me that these scriptures were just metaphores and not to be believed litterally. I believe that since I have the Holy Spirit in me crying "Daddy", that I can come boldly to Father God's throne with faith as a little child. I can pour our my heart and He is concerned with the tiniest detail that concerns me just as He is concerned about each hair on my head; and that I can bubble over about the days' events and tell Him how much I love Him. Sometimes I relate to Daddy God that way. Sometimes it is with awe as an unapproachable Light. Sometimes it is with overwhelming thanksgiving and joy that I just sit in His Presence. At one time He severely chastened me as a daughter, but most often now all I must do is remember that time and I repent. Is my relationship sinful, wrong or very immature? My heart does not condemn me but rather blesses me in my relationshhip. Possibly it is immaturity--but I am asking you.

I also sometimes think of Jesus as my big brother by adoption and the rightful heir as God's only begotten Son. He seems to treat me like a little sister; He often is lovingly speaking to me and encouraging me to trust Him to care for, guide and protect me. Some would say He is the Good Shepherd in that regard, but He speaks to me more as to a frightened little child, perhaps an adopted little sister, whom He is very fond of and loves deeply at those times, even though I am mindful that He is my Creator. [its is hard for me to relate to Him as a sheep since they are not something I am familiar with. But I have been told that they are dumb, they stink and the Shepherd would lay down His life for them; He knows them by name as He calls me by name, and that He searches for the lost sheep of Israel.] But I cannot relate to sheep because I have never been around them. God seems to relate to me by things I am familiar with. So He is also my dearest friend Who died for my sins, (my near kinsman Redeemer). He is closer than a brother. I am speaking of relationship, not doctrine.

So it is possible for my relationship with God to be misguided, immature or completely wrong as this person admonished me. If it is, I certainly need to know. But I think each of our relationships as genuine believers and adopted children of God is very unique and personal. Just because she cannot relate to Him in that way, does it mean that my relationship with Him as part of His family by adoption is completely wrong? Certainly I think of other believers as my adopted brothers and sisters. Or Is it only a metaphore that the Holy Spirit in my heart cries out Abba Daddy and that through Christ we are adopted as sons and daughters? I testify that it is my experience. If is it only some pie in the sky metaphore then we are just figuratively His children as are all men; can the Holy Spirit lie to us?. Rom 8:15-17, Gal 4:5-7 Eph 1:5 Amp

The thread was deleted in which I was rebuked and the other person told me in a PM that she wanted to address this in a forum since she was not allowed to teach me. I am open to scriptural reproof. Please tell me what you think as well.

Blessings to all my brothers and sisters in Christ,

And all praise to our Daddy God Who chose us for adoption in Him Who is His beloved Son and our dearest friend.

Willa

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/12/1986

I have come across people who think they know god but because they reject Jesus they do not, I try to show for them but not show acceptance to the way they believe.

There is a new song out by Matthew West titled "Do Something" where the lyrics say the GOD said "I made you." That is false. The only people GOD created (made) were Adam and Eve. After the fall, all people were made via Adam and Eve. It would be scripturally sound if the words were "I called you." Otherwise, if GOD "made" every human being, then we would have to attribute those who are born with disabilities or are "imperfect" to our Perfect GOD. GOD is not responsible for the evil of this world. It is sin that is responsible. Such error as in this song gives ammunition to those who try to blame GOD for everything and needs to be corrected in our theology.

There is a new song out by Matthew West titled "Do Something" where the lyrics say the GOD said "I made you." That is false. The only people GOD created (made) were Adam and Eve. After the fall, all people were made via Adam and Eve. It would be scripturally sound if the words were "I called you." Otherwise, if GOD "made" every human being, then we would have to attribute those who are born with disabilities or are "imperfect" to our Perfect GOD. GOD is not responsible for the evil of this world. It is sin that is responsible. Such error as in this song gives ammunition to those who try to blame GOD for everything and needs to be corrected in our theology.

Isaiah 44:2 This is what the Lord says—he who made you, who formed you in the womb,and who will help you:Do not be afraid, Jacob, my servant,Jeshurun, whom I have chosen.

John 9:2-3 His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.

The author of life does create us. That is why abortion is so wicked.

Sometimes God creates people with flaws....so what...they have the same opportunity for eternal life as the rest of us. They can blame God...for disabilities..and get bitter...or they can accept it... And be an overcomer..and glorify God. I've seen both. People put way to much focus on this world...this is a tempory world...we get new bodies if Jesus chooses us for his world..

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Matthew 11:27 (KJV)
27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Personal encounters are subject to opinion or the belief system of the person who encounters God.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 (KJV)
21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

1 John 4:1 (KJV)
1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Acts 17:11 (KJV)
11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Jesus (preincarnate) the scripture tells us was the sole Creator of all things created in the beginning**. Yet the so-called apostle's creed says the Father created heaven and earth.

Point being, not just a few souls have neglected the biblical mandate to prove all things and how to prove all things before they started spouting off or writing down what their opinion or belief about God was. And that is why there is so much confusing, contradiction, and abandonment (from Church or Bible reading / study) in the Body Christian.

**John 1:1-3, Colossians 1:13-16, Isaiah 44:24 yet in the company of the Father (1 John 1:2) and the Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:2).