IGNORED

how do we view God?

Hashe

There is a new song out by Matthew West titled "Do Something" where the lyrics say the GOD said "I made you." That is false. The only people GOD created (made) were Adam and Eve. After the fall, all people were made via Adam and Eve. It would be scripturally sound if the words were "I called you." Otherwise, if GOD "made" every human being, then we would have to attribute those who are born with disabilities or are "imperfect" to our Perfect GOD. GOD is not responsible for the evil of this world. It is sin that is responsible. Such error as in this song gives ammunition to those who try to blame GOD for everything and needs to be corrected in our theology.

Isaiah 44:2 This is what the Lord says—he who made you, who formed you in the womb,and who will help you:Do not be afraid, Jacob, my servant,Jeshurun, whom I have chosen.

John 9:2-3 His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.

The author of life does create us. That is why abortion is so wicked.

Sometimes God creates people with flaws....so what...they have the same opportunity for eternal life as the rest of us. They can blame God...for disabilities..and get bitter...or they can accept it... And be an overcomer..and glorify God. I've seen both. People put way to much focus on this world...this is a tempory world...we get new bodies if Jesus chooses us for his world..

Genesis 1:27 tells us that Adam and Eve were created by God in His image.  In Genesis 1:28 God commanded them to be fruitful and increase in number.  In effect He was delegating the process by which all future humans would come into the world to mankind.  We call this "procreation". In Genesis 4:1 we see the first example of this; "Adam lay with his wife Eve and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain."  Genesis 4 contains several other examples confirming that Adam and Eve were the only humans who were direct creations of God.  All those born subsequently have been the result of human decisions.  Genesis 5:3 gives us the first indication that Adam's children were born in his image rather than in the image of God. I believe this means Adam's offspring all have a sin nature, brought about as a consequence of Adam's sin.

God would never directly create a deformed or seriously ill child.  Being a just and loving God it would be a violation of His character to do so.  Birth defects can be caused by the genetic imperfections of our fallen creation, the things we ingest into our bodies, or the medications we take. Therefore David had to be referring to the fact that the process of procreation was designed and instituted by God.