Amethyst87F

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

(I have almost no scriptures memorized.) - The reason I ask is that I think JESUS was called a law breaker when he healed on The Sabbath Day. When this was brought up to HIM, he said , "Is it lawful to do good on The Sabbath or to do evil." (Something like that I think) The question I believe is unanswered and came about when JESUS healed someone on The Sabbath Day.

I've also been told that in order to get into Heaven all one has to do is to believe that JESUS came back from the dead. That was told to me by a young counselor at a Christian Summer Camp. I've learned as well that it is by faith that we will be saved, not deeds. --- I've learned though that we are supposed to follow all the rules because we love CHRIST. Not working on The Sabbath Day has brought up a lot of trouble for me. I read above that someone wrote basically that, "if one breaks one law, they've broken them all". What I've read of The Sabbath Day law is that we are to get all our work done in 6 days and that it be a day of worship. I don't always want to worship on The Sabbath and I don't think I usually finish all my work in the 6 days before the Sabbath.

Jesus didn't violate the Sabbath.  Jesus kept the entire law perfectly.  The Pharisees accused Jesus of violating the Sabbath, but those were baseless trumped up charges.   They condemned Him when healed no matter what day of the week it was.   Jesus broke a lot of man made traditions, but He never broke any of the 10 commandments.

The Israelites were told to keep the Sabbath holy....   they were to do no work on the sabbath....    Jesus admitted to working on the Sabbath and even more the Father had been too.....   

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus came not to abolish the law of the profits but to fulfill them. We are saved by his grace and mercy.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Jesus came to fulfill the law.  Paul says the spirit of the law is more important.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

The old covenant taught us to fear God and if we broke any of his law we would die.

Since it should be obvious that we really can't follow that law without falling short, he gave us blood sacrifice of Jesus to break that curse of death if we would only accept his free gift and do our best to follow him.....   Oddly when we follow the commandments that Jesus gave us properly we will not even want to break those ten laws......     and as of the Sabbath to remember to keep it holy......    Well that's not a one day a week thing, it's a way of life

Is Jesus against the ten commandments......   no not really, but he did make them non effect if we do his will.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

The old covenant taught us to fear God and if we broke any of his law we would die.

Since it should be obvious that we really can't follow that law without falling short, he gave us blood sacrifice of Jesus to break that curse of death if we would only accept his free gift and do our best to follow him.....   Oddly when we follow the commandments that Jesus gave us properly we will not even want to break those ten laws......     and as of the Sabbath to remember to keep it holy......    Well that's not a one day a week thing, it's a way of life

Is Jesus against the ten commandments......   no not really, but he did make them non effect if we do his will.

Great post other one well said.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

(I have almost no scriptures memorized.) - The reason I ask is that I think JESUS was called a law breaker when he healed on The Sabbath Day. When this was brought up to HIM, he said , "Is it lawful to do good on The Sabbath or to do evil." (Something like that I think) The question I believe is unanswered and came about when JESUS healed someone on The Sabbath Day.

I've also been told that in order to get into Heaven all one has to do is to believe that JESUS came back from the dead. That was told to me by a young counselor at a Christian Summer Camp. I've learned as well that it is by faith that we will be saved, not deeds. --- I've learned though that we are supposed to follow all the rules because we love CHRIST. Not working on The Sabbath Day has brought up a lot of trouble for me. I read above that someone wrote basically that, "if one breaks one law, they've broken them all". What I've read of The Sabbath Day law is that we are to get all our work done in 6 days and that it be a day of worship. I don't always want to worship on The Sabbath and I don't think I usually finish all my work in the 6 days before the Sabbath.

Welcome to the forums! You are loved siter. :thumbsup:

You are right it is not by deeds but by faith in believing in Jesus Christ that we are saved. :)

You are free in Christ beloved! You are free to worship God every day. God loves you very much!

Don't forget that. Welcome again.

God bless,

GE

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Jesus became a curse for us. He did not abolish the 10 commandments, but He fulrilled them.He became our commandments. if you read well He said, For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass,

one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

all the laws and prophets was actually fulfilled in Christ. Jesus gave that prophesy because He actually came to fulfill it, Psa_40:7  Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me. Heb_10:7  Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. 
you should understand the timing of Jesus, He had about of things to do and He was very wise to making sure He did them without errors or contradiction, because He Himself gave them the torah. the truth of the matter is this, you cannot understand scripture except you are saved. there was nothing wrong with the 10 commandments, Heb 8:8  For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 
Heb 8:9  Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. they could not keep it because of their heart of unbelief. that is why Jesus said, Joh 3:5  Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. old testament is not born or spirit. in fact you have to just first believe in Jesus as a new covenant in God, because this topic can never be explained with few lines

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

No Jesus is not against the 10 Commandments. The idea of the sabbath is to dedicate 1 day a week to God. It doesn't have to be any specific day. I think America was better when most people made it Sunday, but that was a long time ago.

It's interesting that you brought this up because lately God is dealing with me about keeping 1 day a week for Him. I'm not sure yet what He wants me to do. But I think He would love it if most Americans would observe one day a week for God. Everyone can't do the same day. Pharmacists, are one good example, along with Docs, nurses, Police,  firemen, etc. But non essential occupations can and should keep one day Holy.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  40

no, he came to fulfill the commandments

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  34

Jesus is not against the ten commandments.

He comes to fulfill them.

He is the walking ten commandments.