• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Is JESUS against The Ten Commandments?

Many Christians make it see that way. Heroes of the faith have had to contend against such notions through the centuries.

John Calvin:

. “Some unskilful persons, from not attending to this, boldly discard the whole law of Moses, and do away with both its Tables, imagining it unchristian to adhere to a doctrine which contains the ministration of death. Far from our thoughts be this profane notion.”

John Wesley:

“In the highest rank of the enemies of the gospel of Christ, are they who openly and explicitly ‘judge the law’ itself, and ‘speak evil of the law;’ who teach men to break (to dissolve, to loose, to untie the obligation of) not one only, whether of the least or of the greatest, but all the commandments at a stroke. . . . The most surprising of all the circumstances that attend this strong delusion, is that they who are given up to it, really believe that they honor Christ by overthrowing His law, and that they are magnifying His office while they are destroying His doctrine! Yea, they honor Him just as Judas did when he said, ‘Hail, Master, and kissed Him.’ And He may as justly say to every one of them, ‘Betrayest thou the Son of man with a kiss? It is no other than betraying Him with a kiss, to talk of His blood, and take away His crown; to set light by any part of His law, under pretense of advancing His gospel. Nor indeed can anyone escape this charge, who preaches faith in any such a manner as either directly or indirectly tends to set aside any branch of obedience: who preaches Christ so as to disannul, or weaken in any wise, the least of the commandments of God.”

Martin Luther:

“Nowadays there is a novel idea afoot! According to the promoters of this idea, the Law (that is, the 10 Commandments) should be completely removed from the Church. This is nothing else but deplorable and irreverent.

“The entire Bible teaches that it is the Law which must initiate repentance…..Sin and death are not exposed by a Word of grace and comfort, but only by the Law.”

“Exhort your household to learn them word for word, that they should obey God…For if you teach and urge your families things will go forward.”

http://textsincontext.wordpress.com/2012/09/06/teaching-children-the-ten-commandments/

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Amethyst

Welcome to Worthy................your understanding is correct,,,,,we are Saved through our faith in the knowledge of Who our Lord & Savior is & that He did die & was risen from the dead on the third day.......& through this faith we receive the Grace of God by which we are Saved

Jesus said very simply.......

“If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.                                                         John 14:15

It is because we love Him & He abides in us that we have no desire to do the things we are asked not to do & we want to do what is good......don't worry,Beloved Sister.......it is a process,a renewing of the mind,a transformation & becoming a new creature in Christ Jesus....for some it is instantly & for others slow & steady but always by the Power of His Holy Spirit

Beloved,seek Him earnestly,pray......build a relationship with the Lord,read his Word(begin with the Gospel of John)and just let go & let God

God never said "go to church on Sunday".....He said,"Remember the Sabbath & keep it Holy"......we Christians call the Sabbath "the Lords Day",well everyday is the Lords Day,,,,,,,,Why not remember them all & keep them holy?

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,872
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Please take the time to read this......    it is very important concerning the subject of this thread.

Matt 25:31-26:1

31 "But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. 32 "And all the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left. 34 "Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.' 37 "Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You drink? 38'And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39'And when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' 40 "And the King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.' 41 "Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; 43 I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.' 44 "Then they themselves also will answer, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?' 45 "Then He will answer them, saying, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.' 46 "And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

NASB

Here is a group of people that Jesus is sending to hell.    Can you tell me which of the ten commandments they violated.

How about love your neighbor  (not one of the ten).

It appears that one can go through life and not break one of the ten commandments and go to hell.

We should be talking about the commandments Jesus gave us when he was here rather than the old covenant commandments.