missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Revelation 8:10-11 10 Then the third angel sounded: And a great star fell from heaven, burning like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. 11 The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died from the water, because it was made bitter.

What do you think this will be?What does Wormwood mean?I wonder if there is really a star named "wormwood" that scientists are aware of now or will it be discovered and named during the tribulation?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

Revelation 8:10-11 10 Then the third angel sounded: And a great star fell from heaven, burning like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. 11 The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died from the water, because it was made bitter.

What do you think this will be?What does Wormwood mean?

Wormwood means bitter its a root used as medicine but is extremely bitter. Wormwood will most likeliy be a comet or astriod but will be a very larg one.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Many years ago before I was a believer (but still a little superstitious with regards to the Bible, like so many false, semi-believing and lapsed Christians are), I heard it said that the Ukrainian word for Wormwood was Chernobyl, so I thought that it may have been a reference to the Chernobyl nuclear disaster. This was without reading it or taking it in context with other verses, of course.

Now of course, I realise that none of that makes any sense, so I've stayed away from the 'wormwood' question. I just don't know what it means. I expect it will come clearer nearer to the time.

Many years ago before I was a believer (but still a little superstitious with regards to the Bible, like so many false, semi-believing and lapsed Christians are), I heard it said that the Ukrainian word for Wormwood was Chernobyl, so I thought that it may have been a reference to the Chernobyl nuclear disaster. This was without reading it or taking it in context with other verses, of course.

Now of course, I realise that none of that makes any sense, so I've stayed away from the 'wormwood' question. I just don't know what it means. I expect it will come clearer nearer to the time.

Maybe a meteor that the news is always talking about ? I guess time will tell.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Maybe a meteor will crash into chernobyl and give the wormwood name to it from that? One can speculate quite a bit with revelation.

Maybe a meteor will crash into chernobyl and give the wormwood name to it from that? One can speculate quite a bit with revelation.

Hmmm...the Bible says it is supposed to fall into 1/3 of our rivers and make them bitter so I can speculate not.

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Irving Baxter is promoting his theory of Wormwood/Chernobyl on his show "End Times"

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

burning star falling like a torch and falling over a large area....    sounds like a small asteroid or very large meteor breaking up in the atmosphere and the residue falling over a very large area.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

What do you think this will be?What does Wormwood mean?I wonder if there is really a star named "wormwood" that scientists are aware of now or will it be discovered and named during the tribulation?

It would be pure speculation to try and determine what Wormwood will or will not be, other than what is written viz. it is a burning star which makes water bitter and poisons it so that human beings die.  Since one-third of all the earth's water supply will be affected, it will be an extremely serious catastrophe.

More importantly, those who are not saved should hear about Wormwood and all the other catastrophic judgments which will come upon the earth. Today is the day of salvation, but it is also included in "the beginning of sorrows". 

What sinners need to hear is that Christ tasted the "wormwood and the gall" on their behalf on the Cross (Lamentations 3:19).  No man will ever know the magnitude of His suffereings in order to provide redemption to all who will believe.

burning star falling like a torch and falling over a large area....    sounds like a small asteroid or very large meteor breaking up in the atmosphere and the residue falling over a very large area.

That is what I think oo a large meteor.There have already been a few that have slipped by our earth.Someday it will hit and be devastating.That is my thought anyway.